Head office sailing on Connie

C 2 C

Over 200 Celebrity employees including the CEOs of RCI and Celebrity joined us on Aruba yesterday.

It would be nice if some positive decisions concerning Captain's Club or the loyalty program would be made.

I've noticed that reunion cruises are no longer listed on Celebrity's web site..

I'll try to get some useful info but even Celebrity employees have to get their info from Cruise Critic...

I've noticed that reunion cruises are no longer listed on Celebrity's web site..

We did an unplanned Captains Club reunion cruise in 2005. Aside from a few extra giveaways, most of which didn't find there way into my return trip luggage, I didn't find it that memorable as a product. The cruise itself and the people we met were great, however. I definitely wouldn't search out a reunion cruise to do it just because it was a reunion cruise.

Arno, enjoy the rest of your trip and come back with some scoops or at least some rumours for us to talk about:)

Phil

Hi Arno !

I hope you hear some interesting tidbits from management while they are onboard. We will be getting onboard Constellation when you are leaving the ship.

BTW, do you have any further information on the passengers with cough/colds ? Has that subsided at all ? I hope you are feeling better.

Enjoy the rest of your Cruise !

Hi Arno !

I hope you hear some interesting tidbits from management while they are onboard. We will be getting onboard Constellation when you are leaving the ship.

BTW, do you have any further information on the passengers with cough/colds ? Has that subsided at all ? I hope you are feeling better.

Enjoy the rest of your Cruise !

Hi Andy! We were down the hall in 7201...........I am now on my third strain of antibiotics to clear the sinus/ear infection. It attacked so many people so quickly. I went to ship's medical as soon as blood was flowing from my ear. Bad news. Perforated eardrum from the pressure of the infection. Many others had ear problems also. However, it was still a great cruise and thank you for organizing so many things!!! Were you responsible for the Bridge Deck visit? Great!!!

Hi Andy! We were down the hall in 7201...........I am now on my third strain of antibiotics to clear the sinus/ear infection. It attacked so many people so quickly. I went to ship's medical as soon as blood was flowing from my ear. Bad news. Perforated eardrum from the pressure of the infection. Many others had ear problems also. However, it was still a great cruise and thank you for organizing so many things!!! Were you responsible for the Bridge Deck visit? Great!!!

Hi Liz !

I am sorry to hear of your problems, that sounds awful ! I was not on this sailing. I am on Constellation this Friday. I hope you make a speedy recovery !

It's too bad the HQ staff were not on the 10/23 Constellation cruise. Every time we had a question such as why people in shorts and/or flannel shirts and jeans were permitted into the formal dining room or why toddlers were permitted in the heated pool despite the signage, we were referred to HQ!!!

It's too bad the HQ staff were not on the 10/23 Constellation cruise. Every time we had a question such as why people in shorts and/or flannel shirts and jeans were permitted into the formal dining room or why toddlers were permitted in the heated pool despite the signage, we were referred to HQ!!!

Maybe while they are onboard, they can check on how the process of removing the mold in the bathroom of 8121 is progressing.:rolleyes:

Arno,

Having top mgt. from both Celebrity & RCL aboard is NOT a good sign. We had this same situation when we were on the Galaxy. They had the same table in the dining room near the entrance and could observe the passengers coming and going and any comments that were made.

You can be sure if they are on board BIG changes are being considered. They could meet on land, but they are on board to observe the cruise in progress -- service, poor attendance at the showing every night, lack of tours being taken via the cruise line, loss of revenue from shop on board sales, etc. NEVER a good sign when top management comes aboard.

If you find out anything, please post!

MARAPRINCE

Arno,

Having top mgt. from both Celebrity & RCL aboard is NOT a good sign. We had this same situation when we were on the Galaxy. They had the same table in the dining room near the entrance and could observe the passengers coming and going and any comments that were made.

You can be sure if they are on board BIG changes are being considered. They could meet on land, but they are on board to observe the cruise in progress -- service, poor attendance at the showing every night, lack of tours being taken via the cruise line, loss of revenue from shop on board sales, etc. NEVER a good sign when top management comes aboard.

If you find out anything, please post!

MARAPRINCE

Could you elaborate, as to why corporate being onboard, would be a bad sign?

I look at it, as a positive sign, that corporate is diligently involved, and wants to make improvements.

Host Andy,

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise on Constellation.

Just go to the martini bar every night before dinner and you won't have to worry about colds, viruses etc. It always works for us.

Hi CruisingChick !

Thank you very much for your well wishes. I appreciate it. Good idea about the Martini Bar... thanks for the excellent tip ! :)

Bring them to the Bar at the Edge of the Earth please and ask them why it is still decorated for Halloween? That room needs a major fix and it is time!!

Bar at the Edge of the Earth was supposed to be addressed during recent dry dock of Connie. However, we were informed during our sailing of 10/23 that they found more work to be done on the pods than anticipated. Therefore, the renovation of the BEE was postponed until the next dry dock.

MARAPRINCE

Could you elaborate, as to why corporate being onboard, would be a bad sign?

I look at it, as a positive sign, that corporate is diligently involved, and wants to make improvements.

Karryanne,

After the Galaxy event, big changes were made in the menus, on-board activities, etc.

While it may cheaper to host the meeting on board instead of on land, there is a reason WHY the meeting is being held on board -- observing daily operations.

One of the big things that jumps out at you is the the main showroom is NEVER filled no matter what show is held there or who is headlining. On any other cruise line, you need to rush to get a seat 15-30 min. prior to the shows. Decreased attendance means less bar revenue for the theater. Is Celebrity missing the mark with the type of entertainment or what? Perry Grant in Michael's Club is a bigger draw than anyone else. The place is always packed and people stop by just out of curiousity because there is so much talk about him.

Top management ALWAYS has an agenda when they come on board.

MARAPRINCE

On our Infinity 9-16-07 sailing, there was "head office" on board. Just a few of "them". They were on the elevator with my sister and asked her how she was enjoying the cruise and hoped that everything was up to her expectations. Very polite and professional (not bad looking either).

We saw one of the gentlemen in the dining room often going in and out of the staff area. He always nodded to Tammy but did not spend any time talking to passengers, just the crew. We tried to find out who he was but alas Nancy Drew we are not...;)

Connie

Karryanne,

After the Galaxy event, big changes were made in the menus, on-board activities, etc.

While it may cheaper to host the meeting on board instead of on land, there is a reason WHY the meeting is being held on board -- observing daily operations.

One of the big things that jumps out at you is the the main showroom is NEVER filled no matter what show is held there or who is headlining. On any other cruise line, you need to rush to get a seat 15-30 min. prior to the shows. Decreased attendance means less bar revenue for the theater. Is Celebrity missing the mark with the type of entertainment or what? Perry Grant in Michael's Club is a bigger draw than anyone else. The place is always packed and people stop by just out of curiousity because there is so much talk about him.

Top management ALWAYS has an agenda when they come on board.

MARAPRINCE

Thank you for your response.

We know that Celebrity changes their shows with the singers and dancers, only once every couple of years....so those that cruise frequently, have seen most of the shows, and choose to spend our evenings in another venue onboard. Hopefully we'll see changes in the theater department.

Archived