Does anyone know

tropicalkerry2002

how long cruise withdrawal lasts?

It's been over a month since the cruise ended. I can't stop looking at Cruise Critic and wishing I had questions to ask!

Now all I can do is look forward to a reunion with Oceania...and THAT probably won't happen till 2010!

What should I do? Buy a toy boat? Hit the Boat Show in Feb? Take the ferry to Toronto Island as often as possible in the summer? We're heading to FL in a week...stowaway on a yacht while there?

HELP!!!

Kerry, I don't know what to say. I have the same affliction. I haunt the cruise groups daily. Luckily I'm off on a cruise in less than 3 weeks (from FLL). But after that...

Here are the ways I deal with my affliction:

1. Always have something booked for the future--doesn't have to be a cruise since I love travel of all kinds.

2. Think of my trips to the cottage in the summer as a kind of "land cruise".

At the moment I have a cruise in 2.5 weeks, and one in about a year. But no plans to book in 2009. That's the real "whaaa!". Not sure I'll do except obsess about a possible 2010 trip, either South American or the Norwegian Fjords.

Yep - the best medicine is to have at least one booked.

We have two booked, Regatta Mar 08, trans-Atlantic, and Nautica, Jan 09, New Zealand/Australia.

We also have two Princess Future Cruise Credits (open bookings), in case they come up with an itinerary that we "must do".

We are also on the 1-22-09 Auckland/Sydney cruise, and will be doing a pre-cruise stay in Auckland. Not staying over in Sydney - we've been there several times before.

I don't recall seeing you on the sparsely attended Roll Call for this cruise.

I'm sure we will bump into each other aboard.

uh oh. I think I have been in your shoes.

We cruised to Alaska for our first cruise. I could not stand the withdrawal. DH and I fretted and fretted. We had a balcony and sailed on a new ship to ALASKA for our very first cruise. so we thought we were just spoiled, so we decided to book a cheapie cruise on Commodore Cruise lines for our second cruise. Wow, we loved it too. It turned out that the amenities made a difference but the best thing was being on an adventure on the ocean...

So you just sailed the one of the best.... but I bet you are hooked and it may all be great from now on. For us, each cruise is great - just different. We are even going to go for the first time on Carnival for a 5 day cruise after our Oceania cruise. Are we brave or what??? probably what.

Life is what you make it.

It only takes one cruise to have an addiction problem. Last year my problem got so bad I had three booked for a year. I could not go without travel time at least every few months - not just a cruise but some kind of land travel too. Even business seminars and travel became an acceptable form of travel.

Now I am suffering from withdrawal. I am only home 10 days from my last cruise (Regent's Westbound Crossing on Voyager). I went through all my booked cruises and even though I promised my husband I would not book another, I have to admit, that I am truly ashamed. With only one cruise in 2008 (Regatta in the Baltics) and 2009 (Regent's Mariner Sydney to Auckland) itins out, I could not control myself. I promised to replenish the travel savings account, but, alas, I did not. I only have two cruises booked. It's not enough. I am only hoping that there will be a cruise ticket under the Christmas Tree (well, that's a bit of a stretch, since 1. I am not of that faith and 2. there is no Hanukkah Tree)...... Maybe a recovery center will open for those of us addicted to Cruise Travel. Maybe it will be onboard ship...Oh woe is me. Please save me from the mass market lines....

It was "Pay day" today for our b2b Buenos Aires to Barcelona via Rio de Janeiro. We were very pleased to get the category we wanted as the wait list shrank very quickly. Our "withdrawal" for this TBC (Time Between Cruises) is over. It will be just over a year since we enjoyed the Panama on Regatta with some of the contributors to these posts, when we board the Insignia in BA.

So now the only withdrawal we will be concerned about is the one from our SKI (Spending kids' inheritance) fund!!!!

Archived