What's Your Jean Style?

DebbieCruiser

If you have spent any evenings out on the town recently you know the sheer variety of jeans that are being worn. This guide from Guess Jeans displays the range too-

http://shop.guess.com/DenimGuide/DenimGuide.aspx?page=LIST&browse=1&root_category|46=Women&category|1789=Denim+Guide&rpt=Department.aspx&pt=DenimGuide.aspx

What styles do you wear out, except of course when cruising?

SKINNY-STRAIGHT LEG-BOOT CUT-FLARE-SUPER FLARE-WIDE LEG

I like almost any style, except for an extreme flair, or tapered legs (mom jeans!!!) They need to be long enough to wear with heels, to really dress them up, and a darker wash. I'm thin, so I can wear jeans with "feathering", but larger gals really shouldn't do that! I don't like too much stuff on the back pockets, or weird colors in the stitching. Other than that, I'm good to go! New York & Co. makes a couple of really nice fitting jeans, that are suitable for us "older" women (not in our 20's anymore!!!!)

Bootcut, mid rise. I like the bootcut because it makes my legs appear a bit longer. I'm not sure if it's supposed to, but it does!

As far as the rise goes, I don't want my butt hanging out the back of my pants nor do I like them at my natural waist. It emphasizes my spare tire a bit too much. :o

The best jeans I have found (for me, anyhow) are Apple Bottoms and Levi Strauss Signature. A bit of variety, the less expensive and the not so less expensive! ;) I would wear the ABs more if they didn't have such big logos and assorted "bling" on the pockets. Both brands are super comfortable, which is a big factor for me. I'm not one to forsake my comfort for fashion.

I like mid-rise bootcut, but in different lengths. One for heels and one for flats.

Ditto! Having 2 lengths is a pain, but a necessity. Best mid-rise bootcut I've found (and like everyone else I've tried about a billion different makes/models of jeans to find just the right kind...) is Lee One True Fit. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead in Lees, but they are perfect for my body shape. They come up just a bit in the back, and are nipped in at the waist so no gapping. Not too low, not too high. Perfect. I think I have 6 or 7 pairs. :D

If you have spent any evenings out on the town recently you know the sheer variety of jeans that are being worn. This guide from Guess Jeans displays the range too-

http://shop.guess.com/DenimGuide/DenimGuide.aspx?page=LIST&browse=1&root_category|46=Women&category|1789=Denim+Guide&rpt=Department.aspx&pt=DenimGuide.aspx

What styles do you wear out, except of course when cruising?

SKINNY-STRAIGHT LEG-BOOT CUT-FLARE-SUPER FLARE-WIDE LEG

I like mid rise and straight leg.

Ditto! Having 2 lengths is a pain, but a necessity. Best mid-rise bootcut I've found (and like everyone else I've tried about a billion different makes/models of jeans to find just the right kind...) is Lee One True Fit. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead in Lees, but they are perfect for my body shape. They come up just a bit in the back, and are nipped in at the waist so no gapping. Not too low, not too high. Perfect. I think I have 6 or 7 pairs. :D

Never tried Lee's. Are you saying that they're good for small waists and larger hip/butt? I find that too many jeans that fit in my hip are waaay too big in the waist.

Never tried Lee's. Are you saying that they're good for small waists and larger hip/butt? I find that too many jeans that fit in my hip are waaay too big in the waist.

Ditto- to the point where jeans (that are not too low cut) that fit my hips leave enough of a gap in back that I can put my fist between the waistband and the small of my back. I don't like them cut too low - I kind of outgrew that look in high school.

I haven't tried the Lee jeans, but I've been wearing St John's Bay (JCPenney) bootcut with a little bit of stretch in a dark wash. How great is it to find jeans that fit, and sometimes I find them on sale for around $20! I don't like flaps or anything on the backside.

Jane, have you tried True Religion? I swear they fit me better than anything and you know I got boo-tay! Try the Joey Stretch.

Personally, I wear dark rinse, destoyed, patchwork, rhinestoned, skinny, stovepipe, boot cut, and straight leg.

I am all over the place.

I failed to put my own choices in the original entry. I have quite the variety myself. I have 2 pairs of skinny jeans (Gap, H&M), too many flare leg jeans to count, 1 pair of superflares (H&M) and 1 pair of trouser-style wide leg jeans (Abercrombie & Fitch). I can't wear Guess jeans at all; they're all too tight. I find it interesting that basically every type is in-style right now!

For going out to dinner: Mid-rise, boot cut jeans, with a little stretch that are hemmed for heels in either black or dark wash.

For going shopping etc: Mid-rise, boot cut jeans, hemmed for flats in a multitude of colors - pink, white, green, light wash, grey, tan etc.

For working around the house: Any of the above that are worn looking.

Yep. I also could fit a fist in the waist-band of most jeans (fuller thighs, small waist), but these fit perfectly. I found my first pair, then ordered some on their website, and learned that there are different kinds of this brand. Trial and error until I found the ones that were like the original ones I found. I also love that they come in different lengths. Good for tall girls like me! The other good thing about them is the side seam (down the leg) is set slightly forward to visually slim the leg. Can't say enough good things about them!

I have never really like wearing jeans, except for the ones that have been washed a thousand times and feel like flannel. Unfortunately, by that time they are so thin that they split at the butt ... which might have been mildly attractive at 30, but is HIDEOUS at 46!!!

I have long legs but they aren't skinny enough, so I prefer a mid-rise boot cut not in a slim style. I do love the really wide jeans - they take me back to my junior high school days! LOL!!!

Earlier this fall I actually found a pair of jeans that I like and are comfortable enough to wear on an airplane. They are "Not Your Daughter's Jeans", and they definitely are not Mom Jeans (anyone else remember that skit from Saturday Night Live?). I bought them in a very dark wash and actually like the way they look.

My favorite jeans are Levi's original 501's button fly, they sit at the hip and have a slight flare. I like any brand that sits at my hips and has a bootleg/flare to wider leg. I have different brands that I like just as well like Buffalo, Adriano Goldschmied, Gianni Bini and Lucky Brand. For me it all depends on the style and what I want to wear them for. I've been wanting to try 7 for All Mankind to see how they fit.

My favorite jeans are Paige Premium Denim, specifically Laurel Canyon and Pico cuts :) True Religion joeys are nice, but I sometimes think the twisted seam shortens my leg from behind. I ADORE True Religion Sammys but they are discontinued (low rise, slim hip thigh, trouser hemmed boot cut)

Bootcut is pretty much considered the single most flattering style, I think I've read/seen this at least 20 times in the last year alone. My favorite jean is American Eagle, hipster. Reg for flats, and Long with heels/boots.

I don't care for the darker denim, I prefer the light washes.

Archived