Coffee question

Riviera Deck Randy

Let's just say that taking my own coffee maker is an essential part of the packing process. You can get fresh brewed coffee on Princess ships at one of the bars (it varies from ship to ship) and usually the coffee served in the dining rooms isn't too bad. Horizon Court coffee is almost, but not completely, entirely unlike anything resembling coffee. IMO, of course.

Randy - I like your screen name. ;)

For me, I have found that the best coffee in the lobby patessiere (sp). They have flavored coffees that for some reason take wonderful. Even though they cost $ 3 - $4, to me, it's worth it. DH and I typically have our "coffee" mid afternoon, when everyone else is at the pool or elsewhere, and it's relatively quiet. We just sit there, watch the ship float along, and chit chat. ;)

We like our early morning cup of coffee, but just can't go that goop delivered by room service and served in the buffet. So we bring our own little four cup coffee maker, our favorite coffee. and two travel cups. We carry our own coffee to breakfast. Lousy coffee has been the norm on all the cruise lines we've sailed on for the for the past ten years. Why they don't listen to all the negative coffee comments and figure out some way to serve decent coffee is beyond me.

Randy,

Being that we only have one cruise under our belt, our opinion is only based on one ship. I have given input on some other posts on coffee; we thought the coffee was a highlight of the cruise. But the issue may be that my taste buds were ruined in the Marines. My opinion may change after the next cruises but until then I do not plan on taking a personal coffee maker.

Ron

Was on the Rhapsody in Feb.2004, the coffee tasted like they made it before bedtime and served it for breakfast. It was the worst coffee I ever tasted. I had coffee on the Century (delicious) and the Zuiderdam (very good) but the Rhap. was really disappointing. I switched to tea, just not the same. Bring your own.

Randy - I like your screen name. ;)

For me, I have found that the best coffee in the lobby patessiere (sp). They have flavored coffees that for some reason take wonderful. Even though they cost $ 3 - $4, to me, it's worth it

Is plain brewed coffee available at the Patisserie? Thanks

I guess I am the exception, but I quite enjoy the room service coffee and the dining room coffee (from my understanding these are brewed like the stuff in the patisserie), but the coffee in the Horizon is the vilest bile on the planet.

I've always thought it was fine but I think gas station coffee is fine too

Good one, Chris! Actually gas station coffee usually is fair, Princess' coffee is bordering on undrinkable. We get ours from the patisserie bars or other spots who fresh brew. That coffee-from-concentrate served elsewhere is downright AWFUL.

Here's another suggestion. I used to take a stainless steel French Press and my own ground coffee. Then I could go to the buffet at breakfast and fill it with hot water OR have room service deliver hot water like I was ordering tea. Makes it more flexible, but I do have to remember to take extra baggies for the coffee grounds.

I didn't use to think so, but after reading all these posts, maybe I paid more attention. I did find myself waiting for the ports where I could get a real cup of coffee. I will probably bring some kind of coffee maker next time, although I really don't think I should have to do this. Hey, even United Airlines can serve a decent cup within a vey confined space.

Probably at one time nobody cared and now Princess is reluctant to incure additional expense that would result from Brewing coffee and having to pay more for the product. Who in the hell makes syrup cofee? I bet if the cruise ships stopped using it, they would go out of business. Who else would use it?

Archived