Security Kicked the Kids Out of the Adult Hot Tubs!!!

poodlemom396

On the Glory Dec 15-Dec 22 also on a good note, every day I went to the back adult hot tubs by the Hamburger grill Security actually stood watch and kicked the kids out all day. It was great!!! On the bad side they wouldn't let me bring my Coconut Monkey in with a Kiss On The Lips in it either!

On the Glory Dec 15-Dec 22 also on a good note, every day I went to the back adult hot tubs by the Hamburger grill Security actually stood watch and kicked the kids out all day. It was great!!! On the bad side they wouldn't let me bring my Coconut Monkey in with a Kiss On The Lips in it either!

Glad to see they were doing their job on both accounts;)

Really happy the rules were reinforced, I don't go near the hot tubs cause of all the kids in them. I think coco monkey SHOULD be allowed in :D

They don't want the CoCo Monkey to drown.:eek:

Wow, that's good to hear! We chose not to sail the Valor mainly for that reason--there were SO many complaints on these boards about kids in the adults only pool/hot tubs during summer and holiday cruises.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

Hubby and I were on the Elation back in.....oh, heavens, I can't remember the exact year! *LOL* I think it was around 2004...anyway, it was the first time we could remember security enforcing the "adults only" hot tub, and I was so impressed at how well they did it -- being firm but still polite to the youngsters.

On the Freedom this past May I don't recall any problems with children in the hot tubs, either, but we didn't have a lot of children on the ship.

We've been on the Paradise a couple of times in the last four months and security seems to be on top of it there, just like on the Elation.

Good stuff.

Use the hot tub in the spa, NEVER any children and USUALLY no adults. Plus, it's the best tub on the ship.

That's what I've done, too! The spa hot tub is great and no sunburn, either! With Mom in a wheelchair, it's the only one she CAN do. The powerchair would be splashed too much in the other tubs...

I was on the Paradise 12/21 - 12/24, Security didn't stand and watch the hot tub but they did make rounds about every 10 mins to kick out the kids. It was very nice to see.

On the cocktail subject..... I had mine in a bottle with a cap and security didn't say a word to me about having in on the edge of the hot tub but the people with the DOD's were told to take them from the tubs.

Wish they would have done that on Freedom 12/22. Kids were in the aft adult hottubs - with diapers on, no less! (Not even swimmies- talk about gross.) Why anyone would take a child under the age of 2 into a hottub anyway is beyond me it definitely cannot be healthy for the child - or anyone else in the hottub if the child has a "solid" accident.

On one of our cruises there was a boy, who appeared to be possibly autistic, around 10 years old, who sat in the hot tub practically all day w/his bathing suit and a winter scarf around his neck. We told him the hot tub was for adults and the scarf was dangerous but he didn't understand and was non-verbal. No parents to be found. The staff finally got him out, but as soon as they left he jumped back in. Later, from our lounge chairs, we witnessed his scarf being sucked down the drain, while a shocked adult stranger next to him got it off his neck just in time. Still, no parents. The hot tub was closed for two days. We saw this child wandering the ship alone the entire cruise.

They also did this in Sept on the glory. We were in the midship hot tubs and they closed them, but told us (adults) that the ones in the rear were open, so we proceeded to those only to be followed by a pack of rowdy kids, they were promptly but nicely told to leave the adult hot tubs, and were shown the sign, just so they wouldn't be confused.

I never saw children in those hot tubs the entire cruise, I hope they keep this up!

MAC

Is the Aft pool adult's only as well? If so, what about when it is raining, do they allow it under that circumstance?

Wow, that's good to hear! We chose not to sail the Valor mainly for that reason--there were SO many complaints on these boards about kids in the adults only pool/hot tubs during summer and holiday cruises.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

If there are kids in the hot tub next week, you can bet I'LL be removing them myself if Carnival Commando doesn't.

On one of our cruises there was a boy, who appeared to be possibly autistic, around 10 years old, who sat in the hot tub practically all day w/his bathing suit and a winter scarf around his neck. We told him the hot tub was for adults and the scarf was dangerous but he didn't understand and was non-verbal. No parents to be found. The staff finally got him out, but as soon as they left he jumped back in. Later, from our lounge chairs, we witnessed his scarf being sucked down the drain, while a shocked adult stranger next to him got it off his neck just in time. Still, no parents. The hot tub was closed for two days. We saw this child wandering the ship alone the entire cruise.

That breaks my heart. Thank God there was a responsible adult watching when the scarf went down the drain. I certainly don't understand the mindset of the parents or guardian.

Archived