Dawn Princess world cruise!!

yyjguy

Princess has just updated their website with some vessel's itineraries posted through the summer of 2009. Sun Princess is headed to India and South Africa, and Dawn is doing a 100+ day world voyage. Perhaps we North Americans can join on some sectors of the long voyages for something unusual.

What an interesting itinerary -- thanks for pointing this out. Kinda surprising that it's an east-bound cruise. The part that catches my eye as being most interesting is the leg through the Suez Canal to UAE and on to India and then Thailand. It'll be fun to see how (or even if?) they break this up into different itineraries. . .

OK - I am confused. Aren't they moving the ship to Australia because they wanted more ships dedicated to Australia?

So, is this ship going to be more like a Princess cruise or a P&O ship doing a World Cruise? Are they going to market this to US or Australians primarily? I am assuming with it starting and ending in Australia - the target is Australians.

All I can say is that if I win the lottery - I am going to be on this sailing. The itinerary is awesome! Take me to Dubai!

I guess they want to try different areas. Since they cancelled out 31 day cruise to Australia on the Dawn Princess ..April "09"

They said that they wanted to keep the Dawn in Australia as that market has grown and has a huge demand for cruises now.

When I was on Dawn Princess in early December, I had a chance to talk to the Future Cruise Consultant at the Most Traveled party. I told her that I was going to sail Dawn Princess to Alaska (we hope...now) because I wanted to sail her one more time before she went to Australia permenantly.

She said, "well, as permanent as it can be," and rolled her eyes. Now I know what she meant!

I like the Sun Princess itinerary too - the Grand Pacific - Coral, where do you get your lottery tickets?

The trip through the Suez with stops is a winner.

We went Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez Nov 06, on Oceania's Nautica, and stopped in Dubai and Oman, among others. Very interesting itinerary.

We've now done some of the major canals of the world: Panama, Kiel, Suez.

Thanks for the heads up on the new dates. We were able to put an aft mini on hold for the Fremantle - Sydney, Aug 09. No pricing yet, which is scary, but at least we can cancel when the pricing comes out or downgrade to a balcony. August would be a great time of year to cruise northern australia as you won't boil to death everyday. Never understood the cruise lines that do that route in December and January.

We're booked on the Tahitian Princess World Cruise in January 2009. I'm interested in reading blogs from the current world cruise on the Dawn Princess--but not quite sure how to find them. Any suggestions? Thanks!

When I was on Dawn Princess in early December, I had a chance to talk to the Future Cruise Consultant at the Most Traveled party. I told her that I was going to sail Dawn Princess to Alaska (we hope...now) because I wanted to sail her one more time before she went to Australia permenantly.

She said, "well, as permanent as it can be," and rolled her eyes. Now I know what she meant!

I like the Sun Princess itinerary too - the Grand Pacific - Coral, where do you get your lottery tickets?

Put me down for some of those lottery tickets, too! You guys are not going without me!:p :p

Archived