Solstice-Aqua Spa Cafe?????

operafan

There wll be a specialty restaurant for AquaClass. It is called "Blu" Other than that, none of the dining options have been revealed yet.

Can't wait to see the plans though. Rumor has it that there will be up to five specialty restuarants, including a fine Asian cuisine restaurant. No doubt Celebrity will be dazzling us with the options soon.

Let's give them time to finish the deck plans. There is still a lot to be revealed.

This ship's first sailing is in 10 months...I would think they'd have the deck plans finalized by now.

I'm anxious to see the layout as well because we're planning on booking Solstice next week when we're onboard the Constellation.

Hi all - a question about the AquaSpa. I see the AquaSpa staterooms has unlimited use of the AquaSpa but I assume everyone is allowed to use the spa, just as a pay-as-you-go? Does anyone know if that is accurate? I would hate to get onto the ship only to find out I can't use the spa or gym only b/c I didn't get one of those staterooms.

Sorry if this has been answered, I just discovered Solstice in the last couple weeks and booked a sailing today.

Thanks!

Hey Grumpus!!!!

It's all-access to Persian Gardens and the "Aqua Spa Relaxation Room" to (Schplinky has some good pics of that room on an RC ship)...other staterooms can purchase Persian Garden Aqua Spa passes on a Pay-as-you-go basis...

Which sailing did you two book?

Jo and Tom

There are only a couple of places left to fill in, and if you look there is not a buffet where there is usually a buffet, so I am guessing it is going one deck above the pool deck, but I also do not think there will be an spa cafe as we have come to know it. And I don't think there will be five specialty venues, I think there will be two, possibly three.

Just check website...two decks are under maintainence this morning, so maybe something more to be seen soon!

I beleive the only thing that is limited to use by the "aqua class" is the Bleu restaurant. The spa,persian gardens,solarium is open to all guests.

The aqua spa class staterooms are located conviently in the spa area....

I for one still think the Concierge class beats the Aqua spa Class:p

CuriousCat

I for one still think the Concierge class beats the Aqua spa Class:p

CuriousCat

So do I. We booked cc for the 2/1 sailing. Somehow, I just can't picture my DH using the spa. If I dragged him into the "relaxation" room he'd probably look like Munch's "The Scream"!!

This ship's first sailing is in 10 months...I would think they'd have the deck plans finalized by now.

I'm anxious to see the layout as well because we're planning on booking Solstice next week when we're onboard the Constellation.

The deck plans are probably finalized - Celebrity is just releasing information in bits and pieces to keep up the suspense and the publicity.

We booked when all the info that was available were the room locations and the fact that aqua class would have it's own restaurant. Everything else was a blank space on the drawings.

LOL.... Once I booked a couples Rasul mud treatment. OMG... it was the funniest thing in the world. It's suppose to be romantic...not! We just were hysterical the whole time trying to get the mud off....:eek: After that no spa for DH.

I like the relaxation room and spa treatments..... but it's my alone time.

I guess your hubby is an A type personality...Mine is the software geek. Not the spa type:o

CuriousCat

LOL....

I guess your hubby is an A type personality...Mine is the software geek. Not the spa type:o

CuriousCat

Nope. I'm the Type A. He's the opposite. But anything having to do with the spa would send him into panic mode..........He's like that with dancing too. (Though I can't fault him for that, he looks like Elaine on Seinfeld when he tries!) BTW, he just read this and laughed.....

Hi:) I am sure those plans are finalized for the folks who

are in the "need to know" category.

The rest of us will just have to wait;)

As for the Aqua Spa Cafe, I am hoping they offer one as well.

I enjoy what they have to offer!

Nope. I'm the Type A. He's the opposite. But anything having to do with the spa would send him into panic mode..........He's like that with dancing too. (Though I can't fault him for that, he looks like Elaine on Seinfeld when he tries!) BTW, he just read this and laughed.....

Guess then we're alike in that regard. I'm the Type A and he is opposite too.... also, DH can't dance or let's just say it ain't pretty.

I was gonna book Sol the other day on March 8th,hubbys BD but all this hoopla about the Charter came up. So now I'm on hold as what to do...:confused:

CuriousCat

Guess then we're alike in that regard. I'm the Type A and he is opposite too.... also, DH can't dance or let's just say it ain't pretty.

I was gonna book Sol the other day on March 8th,hubbys BD but all this hoopla about the Charter came up. So now I'm on hold as what to do...:confused:

CuriousCat

Hi, we have a nice group on the Jan 11th sailing, you are more

than welcome to go with us:)

There are only a couple of places left to fill in, and if you look there is not a buffet where there is usually a buffet, so I am guessing it is going one deck above the pool deck, but I also do not think there will be an spa cafe as we have come to know it. And I don't think there will be five specialty venues, I think there will be two, possibly three.

Just check website...two decks are under maintainence this morning, so maybe something more to be seen soon!

Finely, just wondering where you got your info on the number of specialty restuarants. I was told by one of the officers on our November cruise on Infinity that there could be as many as five.

Hi There -

I know they have said there could be as many as five, and I have no information other than looking at the plans and thinking there is just no room for five. Three maybe.

Blu is placed, so that's one down, and there is an area opposite of Blu, so possibly a second venue, although I can't determine where room would be for a kitchen, but for fun let's call it two since Portofino's and Chops are side-to-side on Radiance Class ships and it can be done.

Then three, where would that go? Maybe up by Michael's Club, there is an open area off of the Ensemble lounge.

Since they have indicated the Lawn Club Penthouse is a morning coffee bar, and already contains the Hot Glass show, I'm am guessing no space here.

There still has to be a buffet area somewhere. Otherwise the big box areas at the rear of the ship on deck 3 and 4 will need to be Dining Room Levels to accomodate the number of guests, perhaps they will take one of them and double it as buffet area.

The bow of the ship open on two levels will be Theatre seating I imagine, but it's fun to think they would make one of the two levels a dining venue for dinner and theatre. It's been a long time since I have seen both Theatre levels filled.

We're out of space.

Any hints on itinerary other than the Caribbean stuff already available? I have no desire to do that on any ship, but would like to experience Solstice if it's going some fun places. Actually that may be a great ship for a TA--lots to do.

Any info appreciated.

Cathy

Hey Grumpus!!!!

It's all-access to Persian Gardens and the "Aqua Spa Relaxation Room" to (Schplinky has some good pics of that room on an RC ship)...other staterooms can purchase Persian Garden Aqua Spa passes on a Pay-as-you-go basis...

Which sailing did you two book?

Jo and Tom

Hi Jo & thanks for the info, I figured we could but you never know.:) We booked the 12/28 New Years cruise last night, I can't wait and the ship looks so cool! I wish we could have booked the same time but the window of opportunity for this cruise is very small. One of these days our paths will cross. All of us missed you on Liberty and it was a great cruise, we all had a great time together. Stop by the old roll call and say hi, we're over 15k now everyone misses you. We're also having a reunion cruise on Mariner in September - just a FYI!;)

Any hints on itinerary other than the Caribbean stuff already available? I have no desire to do that on any ship, but would like to experience Solstice if it's going some fun places. Actually that may be a great ship for a TA--lots to do.

Any info appreciated.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,:) zilch information has been given out:eek: about what

other itineraries Solstice will be doing.

Guess we are all in the same category right now when it comes

to that....the waiting category;)

Any info appreciated.

Cathy

The April/May 2009 to March/April 2010 cruise year schedules should be announced anytime from April through July this year (based on previous years' announcement timing).

Celebrity usually announces their schedules in batches depending on itinerary with the transatlantics being the last to be announced.

The only way the Solstice will be able to do the west coast including Alaska is if it does South America or an easterly world cruise first as it is too large to go through the Panama Canal.

Perhaps I'm missing it, or just cross-eyed from looking at all those tiny deck plans, but I haven't seen an aqua spa cafe. Anybody know anything?

You may have seen this by now but the press release about the Solstice dining venues does include the Aqua Spa Cafe. See:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1105045&highlight

Also the deck plans for Solstice are updated so you can now view the dining locations.

Bonnie

Archived