Ordering Alcohol on Princess

pandabebe

Its generally better to buy on board v. pre-order. Not only are prices a couple dollars higher pre cruise, but there are occassional opportunities for discounted bottles. If you are going to drink in cabin its worth bringing a couple of bottles on board.

The prices are about $2 higher if you order for a gift to be waiting for you in your stateroom. Not a huge difference, depending on how many you plan to order.

Just pick up the phone and ask room service to supply you with a menu.

...and the reality of it all is that it will, in most cases, NOT be sitting there to greet you when you open your cabin door. What you'll see are some coupons that represent your order. Then you'll call room service and have them bring it to you.

The last couple of cruises, we have received only the coupons. Some bottles took till the next day to arrive as part of the inventory was locked up until sailing time. The Captain Morgan rum took a full day before it arrived.

John

hmmm, interesting.

On our last cruise in May they did call to make sure we would be in the cabin to sign for it. I wonder if we would have not been there if they would have just dropped off the coupons???

Back to the OP, I like to pre-order because it is paid for in advance and it is one less thing to worry about.

Scott

They're kind of like gift certificates. Instead of putting the stuff we pre-order in our cabin before we get there (where it could get stolen perhaps?) they give us these coupons.

On our Golden Princess cruise they left a coupon for DD for a teddy bear I'd ordered for her. We had to take it to the gift shop to get it

I really wish Princess could get the Bon Voyage gift thing down better - on Carnival if you order champagne and canapes, they are waiting for you - ON ICE, with glassware, so you are READY FOR YOUR SAILAWAY PARTY!

I have never understood why Princess can't do the same.

I really wish Princess could get the Bon Voyage gift thing down better - on Carnival if you order champagne and canapes, they are waiting for you - ON ICE, with glassware, so you are READY FOR YOUR SAILAWAY PARTY!

I have never understood why Princess can't do the same.

I don't disagree with you but perhaps the reason is Princess starts boarding an hour or two before Carnival usually does and they don't have the time? Plus Carnival doesn't have the option of pre-ording liquor like Princess so they probably have alot less cabins to set up.

Scott

ahracer - 5 oclock is about $5 per bottle - a good friend told me that it meant that it was made at 5 oclock today and you drink it at 6. Stoli must have great mind improving drugs built in, as well as giving the drinker amazing knowledge!!LOL

Ron

• 1 year later...
Has anyone sailed on Princess lately.....Can you order the 1 liter bottles through room service still? I sail April 1 on Caribbean Princess and want to order through room service if possible

I was on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. You can still order it from room serivce or go to the bar on deck 5 in the atrium and buy it there.

Scott

For $20 they will deliver a ltr of Stoli or Smirnoff to the room w/o a bar charge and you tip what you want. They have Gey Goose but it's about $15 more and who can be impressed that you order it if you're in your cabin. Since all vodka is the same except for the bottle, price and advertising I went for the Stoli although in a recent blind test Smirnoff beat all the frosted bottles and the imports. Order Goose at the bars as it's only 50c more and you can impress the hoi poloi.

By the way bring what you want in your suitcase but pack it well or put in plastic bottles. I can buy Popov for $10 a 1.75ltr and can't tell the difference if it is mixed with anything except ice.

You really aren't permited to bring liquor on board, except wine and champaign. If they catch you they will just put it aside and give it back at the end of the cruise. So if you do and you a caught, just play dumb.

I was waiting for 1 suitcase and was called to security desk as it had a knife in it to cut the limes for our in room cocktails. Also in bag was 2 1.75ltrs of scotch and vodka. They kept the knife until disembarking and nothing was said about the booze. Don't let them scare you. Bring what you want within reason for the length of the trip. We had such a good time drinking on our balcony and tasting wonderful cheeses and very thin crackers from OZ & NZ that we ended up ordering 3 more bottles from room service.

I've never had anything held except the 6 packs from STT and STM and they store it until the last day and it doesn't take up space in the cabin. A few times when a supervisor was at reboarding did they hold the bottles but most of the time they let you take it to your cabin. This was the case on 5 different cruise lines.

For $20 they will deliver a ltr of Stoli or Smirnoff to the room w/o a bar charge and you tip what you want. They have Gey Goose but it's about $15 more and who can be impressed that you order it if you're in your cabin. Since all vodka is the same except for the bottle, price and advertising I went for the Stoli although in a recent blind test Smirnoff beat all the frosted bottles and the imports. Order Goose at the bars as it's only 50c more and you can impress the hoi poloi.

By the way bring what you want in your suitcase but pack it well or put in plastic bottles. I can buy Popov for $10 a 1.75ltr and can't tell the difference if it is mixed with anything except ice.

who orders Grey Goose to impress others? There is a huge difference in Grey Goose and Popov in both taste and quality. All vodka isn't the same, it's distilled differently and made from different things, like some are potato vodkas and some aren't. Stoli is great for mixing, but for martinis or straight up, you just can't beat the goose!

Archived