Ship out of Baltimore in 2009

REGINA

Does anyone know if the Grandeur will be back in Baltimore next year....

I'd be happy to hear if Grandeur's returning. My husband and I and our two grandkids had the best cruise ever on her in July '06.

I spoke to the Cruise Maryland Port Director in Nov 07, and was told that there WILL be a ship in Baltimore 2009. He also suggested that they have been discussing the possibility of sailing from Baltimore year round !

He did suggest however, that the name of the ship was not disclosed.

My guess is that it will be Vision of the Seas. (The newest Vision Class Ship, built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique, St. Nazaire, France)

BTW, Grandeur was built by Kvaerner MASA Yards, Helsinki, Finland.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

The RCl website now shows the Grandeur sailing out of Baltimore in June through November of 2009. Itineraries are pretty much the same as the Norfolk schedule for this Summer. There were also articles in the Virginia papers discussing the reduced schedule in Norfolk for 2009. As far as other lines are concerned, NCL shows the tired old Majesty returning to Baltimore in 2009. Nothing so far in the Baltimore media or the MPA website about either of these developments. I guess they missed the boat.

The RCl website now shows the Grandeur sailing out of Baltimore in June through November of 2009. Itineraries are pretty much the same as the Norfolk schedule for this Summer. There were also articles in the Virginia papers discussing the reduced schedule in Norfolk for 2009. As far as other lines are concerned, NCL shows the tired old Majesty returning to Baltimore in 2009. Nothing so far in the Baltimore media or the MPA website about either of these developments. I guess they missed the boat.

Majesty was completely refurbished and streached in 2004:)

Majesty was completely refurbished and streached in 2004:)

Hi firelts. It looks like Royal won't have any 7 night sailings to Bermuda from Baltimore next summer (2009). :mad: I'm I right? If so, I was looking into NCL's Majesty but thought that the ship was to old. :o We have only sailed with Royal and would like to continue but, since there are no seven night sailings to Bermuda we will have to look else where. :rolleyes:

If a Radiance class ship would sail from Baltimore, we would be the first on board. Grandeur barely fits under the bridges. However, not being all that knowledgable about Vision class/Radiance class specific measurements, don't know for shore that a Radiance class ship would fit or knot?

Radio, Signman, WRP . . . ???

Rick

It has to be a Vision Family or Sovereign Family ship because the others will not fit under the bridges to get to Baltimore Harbor.

Steve, how do you know this? Do you know the navigatable height for a Radiance or X M class? The bridges are 185'.

Did you know that NCL's Pride of Hawaii (90,000 + tons) and Grand Princess (109,000 tons) have been under the bridges?

jjtt, I don't think RCL has ever had 7 nights to Bermuda, only 5 to Kings Wharf.

MM, yes we are thankful that we have 2 ships sailing from Baltimore. I think you have a couple though. Check the new schedules.

jjtt, I don't think RCL has ever had 7 nights to Bermuda, only 5 to Kings Wharf

They did for a long time actually. First way back when it was i believe the Song of Norway, then Song of America, and most recently the Nordic Empress (Empress of the Seas).

The chances of Royal putting a Radiance Class ship in Baltimore are slim and none.

Agree with this 100%. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Radiance class are the most sought after class of ships in Royal's fleet. They will continue to sail the busiest/biggest competition itineraries.

They did for a long time actually. First way back when it was i believe the Song of Norway, then Song of America, and most recently the Nordic Empress (Empress of the Seas).

We're talking about Baldymore hon.

With airline travel being such a circu$, it is nice to have a cruise port nearby, such as Baltimore. We've sailed on Grandeur from Baltimore and it was very convenient. And, that brings us to Philly . . .

And, Merion Mom, sorry that RCCL has nothing outta Philly this year. On Empress last Fall, from Philly, at the M&M the cruise director stated that RCCL and Philly could not get together on terms for the pier charges and pier conditions for 2008. Hopefully, that can change in the future.

Rick and Deirdra

Steve, how do you know this? Do you know the navigatable height for a Radiance or X M class? The bridges are 185'.

Did you know that NCL's Pride of Hawaii (90,000 + tons) and Grand Princess (109,000 tons) have been under the bridges?

Howard,

Wonder where one could find out what the heighth of the Radiance class ships might be?

Annieeee

Howard,

Wonder where one could find out what the heighth of the Radiance class ships might be?

Annieeee

Several of us have been trying to find this information for years now... I even attended a Captain's Notes lecture on one ship whose captain had recently come from a Radiance class ship, and when I asked him the question, he said he forgot!! Talk about frustrating!! :)

Theron

Archived