Most embarassing moments on your cruise. What are they? :-)

Loyal2RoyalCaribbean

We were on our balcony in the afternoon on a sea day and too much sun, just relaxing, reading and sipping a cold one. Our son had come into our room and was watching TV. As a joke he locked to balcony door so we could get back in. I knocked and asked him to open it and he laughed and kept watching. I said haha and went back to my book and forgot about it. Some time later, nature was calling and tried the door again and it was still locked and as I looked in he had left (he forgot it was still locked). We spent 2 hours on the balcony waiting for him to come back, the whole time me thinking how hard it would be to pee back into the beer bottle.

Forgot? I think if that had been my child he would have been punished- I would have put him on restriction for the next month after returning home. Even if he had innocently forgotten, (which I doubt,)he needs to learn he must take responsibility for his actions, forgetting to do something will not be an excuse he can use with his future employer.

Forgot? I think if that had been my child he would have been punished- I would have put him on restriction for the next month after returning home. Even if he had innocently forgotten, (which I doubt,)he needs to learn he must take responsibility for his actions, forgetting to do something will not be an excuse he can use with his future employer.

Amen!!!!!

I would be sorely tempted to make the dear child experience the joys of the balcony by duct-taping his little behind into the chair and facing him toward the wall, amd locking him outside for 2 hours. :eek:

Good thing I never had kids, eh?;)

I am going to take a different point of view and say it is the parent's fault for not insisting it was opened right away, and just laughing it off. The original post also didn't indicate an age of the child. In any case, I would fully blame myself for not having it unlocked right away and letting the child take off without it being opened.

I am going to take a different point of view and say it is the parent's fault for not insisting it was opened right away, and just laughing it off. The original post also didn't indicate an age of the child. In any case, I would fully blame myself for not having it unlocked right away and letting the child take off without it being opened.

Oh I agree- we know who controls that family, and it is the parents' fault. That child is in for a lifetime of msiery when he grows up and realizes he can't control everyone around him.

I was coming from the past guest party & the ship was rocking more than normal and I bumped into a guy with his girlfriend. I had a drink in my hand I wasn't drunk just lost my balance. I was embarrased because I didn't want him or his girlfriend to think I was trying to hit on her man or think I was drunk. :(

I went to the gym to use the treadmill got on it set it at a steady speed or so I thought didn't realise that 5.5 was miles and not kmph as it is over in the uk on our gym treadmill. felt like a right loon trying to keep up and hands flaring all over to press stop. i didn't go back to the gym for that cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We decided to use the wave riders in Labadee, our first time doing so. My wife decided to let me drive, stating, "If you can fly a plane" - Cessnas and Pipers - "you can drive one of those."

Wrong. I'm used to flying at a sedate speed in a private plane, doing search and rescue. I'm not used to operating things at high speeds, which is contrary to my thinking. Only by the last leg did I get the hang of the thing, and I was tail-end Charlie for the whole group.

But apparently, I didn't do too badly. On another excursion the same day, the guide, who didn't know of my difficulties, remarked off-handedly, "You know, some people on wave runners have actually run into the cruise ship."

• 2 weeks later...

This lady came up behind my dad and rubbed his back and like gave him a hug from behind. My dad turns around thinking it was my mom, but to his surprise it was lady in her mid 20s. She thought that my dad was her dad, but it wasn't! lol It happened like the first or second day of a 7 night cruise. My dad saw her like 5 more times during the trip!

My funniest story happend on my very first cruise. I was sharing a inside cabin with my parents (I was 21), and had the upper bunk. I came in one late one night, and climbed up the ladder to my bed. Well, when I went to get up in the morning, (my parents had already left the cabin) I knew the ladder was at the side of the bunk, so I was trying to feel for it (didn't want to turn on a light, because I didn't want to wake up my parents ---- didn't know they were not there). My dad had moved the ladder to the end of the bed, well to make a long story short, I ended up falling from the upper bunk........not hurt, but bruised. Now if I have an inside cabin I travel with a night light.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't too terribly embarassing for me, but was for the lady in the bathroom stall...On our excursion at St Martin, our tour guide told us there was a restroom at the straw market or we could go to the West Indies Mall (they had a great bathroom that cost $1 to use) Well, call me crazy, but I like unique bathrooms, so I opted for the fancy bathroom. If the bathroom is different (unique), I like to take pictures (the bathroom, not people) Anyway, I took a picture of the bathroom stall doors and announced that I didn't take a picture of anyone, just the doors. Well, when we got back to the bus, I looked at the picture and noticed that when I took the picture, the flash lit up the stall door and you can faintly see a pink blob in there. Some poor lady, wearing pink undies, had her picture made...:)

Not so embarrassing for me, but she was... I was on the first cruise of the season to Alaska last year on the NCL Star. Enjoying the spa areas on one of the sea days. Sitting in the sauna, enjoying the warm steam and just reaching peak relaxation when the door opened and a mature oriental woman entered. She had her towel wrapped around her, so I didn't think much of it....put my head back down and went back to my daydreaming. Next thing I know the door opens again and a younger oriental woman is coming in...fully clothed. She begins almost yelling at the first woman, who I notice at this point is laying on her towel, totally nude. I don't speak very much Japanese at all but I certianly got the gist of what the younger woman was telling the older one... That Americans just don't take a public sauna in the nude, put your towel back on, etc... because the older lady grabbed her towel, fussed back at the younger one and stormed out of the sauna. I found it amusing... the other women in the sauna seemed very relieved that she had left.

for what its worth, I just don't see why nudity makes so many people uncomfortable in situations like that... but to each his own.

I have had so many as i am generally very accident prone!

When I was a young teenager I had a bit of a crush on the pianist in one of the bars and he asked me if I could get him some shrimp from the midnight buffet as I was going. I gladly agreed but in my excitement to present him with his shrimp on the way back I tripped over the stairs and fell from top to bottom, landing at the bottom of the atrium with the shrimps in my lap and my skirt around my waist.

Only last year I went out to smoke on deck at night as the smoking areas were really far from the restaurant and I was wearing a floaty strapless dress. the wind was really bad outside and I struggled to open the door. When I finally got the door open it slammed shut behind me and as I walked forwards I realised my dress was caught in the door and had been pulled down revealing my all to the other smokers. Devastating...

• Haha 1

As an afterthought one of the most embarrassing stories that I can remember was something that didn't happen to me but I imagine was highly embarrassing for the person involved. A fellow passenger got slightly confused with the cabin facilities. She called to the purser to inform them that her microwave wasn't working and the purser told her that he was sorry but none of the cabins were equipped with microwaves. The woman continued to insist that she had one and that it wasn't working so the purser had no choice but to send up maintenance. When the maintenance arrived they saw that what the woman had thought was a microwave was actually the safe and she had been trying for an age to heat up her pizza slice in it! This was told to me by the bar staff in the club on board who I was friends with and by now it was all round the crew. I imagine a lot of pointing and whispering was going on when she was around!

• 5 weeks later...

I made the Karaoke finals on board Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and during my performance, the heel of my shoe got caught in the stage! I finished my song without looking too weird but after it was over and I had to get off, I was stuck! The host had to help me grab my leg and pull and this was in front of a theater full of people.

Hahahah.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was formal night on the Sensation. DH and I were sitting on a velvet love seat and our 2 DD on either side,photographer is ready to snap the picture. DH says the seat is breaking. We both start falling backwards, before I know it, my feet are in the air up over my head. Luckily my husband put his hand back to stop the momentum. How embarrasing:o!!!!

We both got up laughing, and the photographer was so embarrased you could see the seat had straight nails in the one leg that gave out. This had happened before! Then I asked "did you take the picture?" I would have bought it in a minute, by everyones faces around us it must have looked very funny.

And before I get flamed for being overweight. My Wii Fit says I am in the normal range and my husband is just slightly above average weight. We just are both very tall.

When I think about it I still start laughing.:D

Someone needs to lighten up a bit. And maybe go on another cruise. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to lighten up a bit. And maybe go on another cruise. :rolleyes:

My cruise is 8 weeks away.

Something tells me I would not want to be around you or your children either.

When is your next cruise? I want to make sure I don't book it.

Years ago we went to a beach in St. Thomas and while snorkeling off the beach, I inadvertently swam over very shallow water.

I knew I couldn't (and shouldn't!) step on the coral to get out and yelled to my husband to help. I was almost in tears.

He yelled over to me, "just roll on your back and float over it". I did so and managed to get out without cutting myself or hitting the coral.

There were lots of people sitting on the beach just watching "my show". I felt like a beached whale! So embarrassing....I'm still afraid to snorkel without going out on a boat into deep water because of this.

Barbara

my husband and I were meeting my Grandparents for lunch in the MDR so I put on a cute tank- the kind you can't wear anything underneath- and capris and we trekked all the way across the ship to get there. Just when we got to the entryway the strap on my top snapped and let everything show! I quick pulled it up and had to flip-flop all the way back to our room to change! I hope no one saw but I don't know. Now I always reinforce delicate straps. There is never a good time for a wardrobe malfunction.

I was on the NCL Pearl back in May. I was taking a shower and forgot to double lock the door, I didn't hear the room steward knocking to see if anyone was in the cabin. Well since there was no answer she figured it was ok to come in, about that time I came out of the shower..... well there I was standing in front of her completely naked... :eek: She got this horrified look on her face, apologized and ran out. At that point all I could do was laugh. I never saw her the rest of the cruise.....

Edited by Cruise-Crazy