Ever show up at ship with just ONE of you?

SakeDad

After CAREFULLY making sure my Mom could get off work for the cruise she has been told she can't:mad: I have already found out I can change her name up to 3 days before departure. But what happens if I can't get anyone else to go with me? We have already paid in full for 2 people in the cabin which is more than the single supplement. Would we get a partian refund? Would they just keep the monies for two?

Not to mention I can't change names on the air ticket!:eek: I have one of those mothers that just doesn't think sometimes:rolleyes:

Based on what others have reported, you can just show up and say the other person missed their flight, got sick,whatever. They will check you in and that is that.

Getting a fare break is slim, since you have already paid in full. Even if you totally cancelled, no refund.

Sure, her air ticket is totally shot, but if someone wants to come with you and pay for their own air ticket, then such a deal!

You wanna take my mother?

Is she a partier?:p

I just checked NCL website and if I booked the same cabin type for one it's the EXACT same fare we paid for 2 through an agency we booked with. So if I have to go alone at least I know I wouldn't be losing money and I'd have a FABULOUS BA Aft to enjoy all by myself!:rolleyes: Hmmmm.....this is looking kinda good.:cool:

You wanna take my mother?

LOL:p

I do hate to ask, but you didn't mention insurance, I suppose she didn't purchase? If she purchased and you have the type of insurance to cancel for any reason, you just show up and you're good to go. Won't be refunded any difference if the single supplement is less than what you paid for double (which is highly unusual), but at least she would be refunded for her portion of the cruise and trip.

Other than that, even if no insurance, you just show up and you're good to go. No one gets any money back, but you are still able to enjoy your cruise.

And if you can, find someone to go to reimburse her if she didn't have insurance.

Hope it all works out for you.:)

I just checked NCL website and if I booked the same cabin type for one it's the EXACT same fare we paid for 2 through an agency we booked with. So if I have to go alone at least I know I wouldn't be losing money and I'd have a FABULOUS BA Aft to enjoy all by myself!:rolleyes: Hmmmm.....this is looking kinda good.:cool:

Go check the cruising solo thread section of cruise critic. Kind of makes me want to leave my husband home.:D

Go check the cruising solo thread section of cruise critic. Kind of makes me want to leave my husband home.:D

I just went there and saw that a member of our Roll Call is also solo-sailing so at least I know I won't be "alone"

She's going to try to get the other person who has those days off already to switch with her tomorrow, otherwise I may be solo.

No' date=' but still willing to raffle my mom. Unless you want to trade, are you nicer than my mom? LOL![/quote']

Wish I could enter my mom; too late though. She's cruising with the angels now. She was never lucky enough to cruise.

If I were your Mom I'd quit my job.. that'd show em!

LOL

She really needs to go to the boss and explain about this cruise. Once in a lifetime vacation....time with only child....etc. Then she needs to cry... A LOT!

Good luck and keep us posted!

does your Mom have sick days? they can't prevent her from taking sick days! what a jerk of a boss to deney her of going!

I beleive if I were in her place, that would be quickly approaching the title of being my FORMER job.

Well, good thing I have the "cancel for any reason" trip insurance. Hopefully I don't have to use it but it's nice to have. I'll know later today or tomorrow (the guy she has to try to change dates with wasn't in yesterday and may not be in today) Maybe I'll take bids for who I give that BA aft to:p :rolleyes: I could pay for my next cruise!:D

I suggest your Mom follow my philosophy on vacation. My Company never needs to decide if I can go on vacation or not. The only decision they need to make is whether they want me to come back when I'm done. :D

All kidding aside.... if I were your Mom I'd be moving on. Life it too short to miss out on a trip with your child and have to stay at work.

All of you are trying to get your mother on that cruise. Enough of that I say and take me!!!!:p (I am sure my wife would not be happy in any way) I hope it all works out for you.

^^seconded! I'd jump on a chance for a cruise and only have to pay airfare :)

have a great cruise regardless of whether or not you get someone to go with you!

Archived