Cruisecal is now a subscription site

Sundagger

We'll have to pay to use the cruisecal site from now on:

Introductory Offer –

Join on or before May 1st, 2008 and lock in our low $24.99 rate for 2 years!

After May 1st, our yearly subscription rate will be $49.99.

That's like getting 1 year free!

Well this is a bummer! I just tried and can't get to a calendar without signing up and forking over a payment. I understand that it's a lot of work for someone, and server time and maintenance is involved. So I have no gripe with them for wanting to make money when it has proven to be a popular website.

Oh well ... life goes on.

The cruiseclues site ends up linking to cruisecal.

Cruisereport seems to be okay.

The cruiseclues site links generally to the port authority schedules. There are some broken links and, as you say, some links to cruisecal.

Never fear, I will continue to give you the daily "Where is HAL's Fleet" :D Actually if anyone wants to know a particular ship and date for anytime in 2008 I can get that for you.

But it really is a shame there is now a charge but as Jim said Life goes on. I do think it's a bit pricey. If they would have made it a bit cheaper they would have had a lot of cruisers purchasing it.

I like the site and went to it from time to time but will not be taking a membership. I understand why he is starting to charge but I don't use or depend upon it enough to warrant a 'membership'. I wish him the best of luck.

Now how will I find out which other ship(s) may be at Half Moon Cay when we are there?!

It was handy to have access to all that info but the magazine doesn't interest me that much and I don't think its worth the money.

Oh well, life goes on sans Cruisecal.com

Now how will I find out which other ship(s) may be at Half Moon Cay when we are there?

Just go on one of the large online travel agent sites and check HAL's Caribbean cruises for the same week you are going. Shouldn't be difficult to see if any of the other ones are stopping on HMC the same day you are. Supposedly, other Carnival family ships aren't supposed to be using the island on the same days that HAL ships are, so they shouldn't be an issue.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Just go on one of the large online travel agent sites and check HAL's Caribbean cruises for the same week you are going. Shouldn't be difficult to see if any of the other ones are stopping on HMC the same day you are. Supposedly, other Carnival family ships aren't supposed to be using the island on the same days that HAL ships are, so they shouldn't be an issue.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I guess it would be better to share it with a Cunard ship.... [but they use Princess Cay :)]

Speaking of: does anyone know how far apart Princess Cay and Half Moon Cay are from each other? When we were at HMC a Pricess ship sailed by.

I really enjoyed the site and always checked it when I was looking at cruises to book, but the price tag is too rich for my blood. If the price were lowered I might bite. ;)

Speaking of: does anyone know how far apart Princess Cay and Half Moon Cay are from each other? When we were at HMC a Pricess ship sailed by.

I don't know the exact milage but the two islands are quite close to each other. We have seen Princess ships pass by several times when we've been coming into/leaving HMC.

As to Cruisecal...... Has anyone here 'signed on'? I wonder how many people will actually plunk down their credit cards and pay to use the site.

FYI, If you are going to cruisereport, don't! My various anti-spyware filters lit up on this site! Here's Google's warning!

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer! - the page you are about to visit may be a web forgery!

You can learn more about malware and how to protect yourself at StopBadware.org. This page is very likely to have been designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information. Entering any personal information on this page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

You can read more about phishing here antiphishing.org.

Or you can continue to http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx at your own risk.

You can also turn off safe browsing warnings by going to Google Desktop preferences.

Would you like to help make the web safer by always sending information to Google about sites with suspicious links?

document.getElementById('o').style.display = "";

Advisory provided bylogo3.png

FYI, If you are going to cruisereport, don't! My various anti-spyware filters lit up on this site! Here's Google's warning!

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer! - the page you are about to visit may be a web forgery!

You can learn more about malware and how to protect yourself at StopBadware.org. This page is very likely to have been designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information. Entering any personal information on this page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

You can read more about phishing here antiphishing.org.

Or you can continue to http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx at your own risk.

You can also turn off safe browsing warnings by going to Google Desktop preferences.

Would you like to help make the web safer by always sending information to Google about sites with suspicious links?

document.getElementById('o').style.display = "";

Advisory provided bylogo3.png

I don't get a warning from either Google, McAfee, or Spyware Doctor. When I hover over the cruisereport link in your post, I get an address that is totally different than cruisereport. Not sure what is causing the problem. Did you click on the link in Post #3?

I guess it would be better to share it with a Cunard ship.... [but they use Princess Cay :)]

I have heard 10 miles Peter. When we visited Princess Cays last year, one of the natives told me works at Princess Cays and HMC.

I won't pay either. I also found numerous mistakes. I' rather rely on the ship calendar I always have for HAL thanks to my friend for over 19 years that's a bartender working on the ship. Have the calendar right here next to the computer and all I have to do as look at it every day and I know where all the ships are in the fleet. Its very accurate except for some days when I have noticed a ship to be at Costa Maya which we all know won't be back open till sometime later in 08. Its also enough to see when we cruise if we will be in port with any of the other ships in the fleet and for that can also check a brochure or on line. Its how I learned that while we were on the Zuiderdam this past Holiday for Christmas and New Years that on Jan. 2nd we would be in San Juan together with the Westerdam AND the Noordam. That's 3 of the 4 Vista class ships in port together. Only one missing was the Oosterdam. That sight in San Juan till the Noordam left for New York at 1pm of the 3 of us together side by side by side was AWESOME!!!!

R. J.

53 Cruises on HAL at the age of 43

561 days at sea on 12 different DAM SHIPS

500 Day Gold Medallion Holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic Hurricane Karl Survivor

10/08 Canada/New England & Atlantic Coast - Eurodam

12/08 Christmas & New Years - Westerdam

If Holland America Doesn't Go There, WE DON'T GO!!!!

Oh my goodness... what a sight that must have been for three of the four sisters to be side by side by side. We loved when we had Noordam and Zuiderdam side by side in Tortola. Would have loved to see the three of them. Did you get some great photos?

I just went to Cruisecal.com to check the port of Santorini. I wanted to see what ships were in with me. I was disappointed to find it a "paid" site.

Although i do understand the reasoning, the price is too steep IMHO.

Thanks for whoever posted that other site. I now have my answer! :)

Sail,

I did try and get some photos but there was also a Celebrity ship in too and becasue of the size of the ships and the way we were docked it was hard to get all three together and get all of the 3 in the picture. Even with a digital SLR and a wide angle lens. I did go up to the one fort (Cristobal) to try and get some but that was about all I could do and also a building blocked part of the Westerdam. Yeah I know about the setting in Tortola. We were on the Westerdam for the 06-07 Holiday and we arrived about 2pm from Grand Turk. Zuiderdam had been there since early that morning.

Mom & I have been cruising on HAL for over 19 years and have been at sea for the Holidays every year since 1988. That's when I met my friend who is a bartender. I always make a chart to put up in our cabin to keep track where the fleet is while doing the Holiday cruises. I think its awesome when we get to be in port with a fleetmate. Its also a chance to meet up with other crew we know. This past Holiday I knew we were going to be in San Juan with the Westerdam both weeks as we had origonally booked Westerdam but changed to Zuiderdam because that's where my freind is. I had missed noticing that the Noordam was going to be with us the 2nd week also as it was her last port and sailed for NY at 1pm. Had I also cought this I would have walked out to El Morrow the 2nd week instead of the 1st to watch her sail out. By the time I realized they were going to sail I didn't have enough time to get out there.

I don't keep my photos on a any type of a photo sharing website. Guess I have always wanted to keep them to myself. I also had sent some photos to some friends in Rotterdam after we had spent the day with them back during our tras Atlantic in 04 when we rode out Karl and put my name on them. They have a friend that has a website showing the sights of Rotterdam and when they were shared with him he took my name off of them and put his webside/email there instead. I told him that I was not happy as it was like taking the credit away from me for taking them while hanging on surviving Karl dead in the water for 3 hours. He apologized but was too late and last I saw them on his website nothing had changed. Kind of hard as I do want to share them but once I do don't know what others will do with them. A little like the ship photographers when you try and ask them to take a photo of you using your camera not theirs. Photography is kind of a hobby too and I take lots of photos when we cruise.

Oh and who isn't glad that Captain Albert is back. We were last with him on the Veendam last fall. Montreal to Tampa. Had to be careful that cruise becasue Veendam was LOADED with us Tampa locals and we all knew were we were from in fine detail. Those of us HAL cruiseaholics here in Tampa are proud to have him. Will hate to see them leave for the summer on the 13th. But she will be back in October. Veendam like all previous HAL ships that have called Tampa home for the winter season have been VERY popular with the locals.

R. J.

53 cruises on HAL at the age of 43

500 day Gold medallion holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam trans Atlantic Hurrican Karl survivor

If Holland America doesn't go there, WE DON'T GO!!!!

I'm happy for you that you got to see that pretty sight and certainly understand that sometimes the photo thing just doesn't work out.

And I agree about Veendam's sailings from Tampa being wonderful. We sailed Ryndam from there as well as Veendam and totally enjoyed it. We really enjoyed Tampa as well.

Fair winds and a following sea.......

I won't pay either. I also found numerous mistakes. I' rather rely on the ship calendar I always have for HAL thanks to my friend for over 19 years that's a bartender working on the ship. Have the calendar right here next to the computer and all I have to do as look at it every day and I know where all the ships are in the fleet. Its very accurate except for some days when I have noticed a ship to be at Costa Maya which we all know won't be back open till sometime later in 08. Its also enough to see when we cruise if we will be in port with any of the other ships in the fleet and for that can also check a brochure or on line. Its how I learned that while we were on the Zuiderdam this past Holiday for Christmas and New Years that on Jan. 2nd we would be in San Juan together with the Westerdam AND the Noordam. That's 3 of the 4 Vista class ships in port together. Only one missing was the Oosterdam. That sight in San Juan till the Noordam left for New York at 1pm of the 3 of us together side by side by side was AWESOME!!!!

R. J.

53 Cruises on HAL at the age of 43

500 Day Gold Medallion Holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic Hurricane Karl Survivor

If Holland America Doesn't Go There, WE DON'T GO!!!!

That may be fine for Hal ships, but my interest is strickly how many ships will be in a given port on a given day. I look at various dates and itineraries when considering a cruise. The number of ships in port can play a BIG part in which cruise I choose. :)

Archived