Last Day in Port or at Sea

gatour

Port or Sea day for last full day of cruise  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Port or Sea day for last full day of cruise

I like the idea of a Private Island Day. No rush to go, enjoy a last swim in the Carib, have the bbq lunch, read a little and head back to ship around 3ish. Pack suitcases, it does not take me long to do, get out stuff for the following morning, ie, disposable razor, small shaving cream, etc. etc. Have a glass of wine on balcony :) before heading to dinner. Then stay up as late as possible, enjoying music and company of others and talk about our next cruise. :) :)

I like the last day to be a sea day too. On my nearly here cruise, the last 5 days will be sea days, the day before the sea days begin is a port I have no interest in so there will be the port day where I stay on the ship and the sea day before that making the last 7 days sea days. Maybe I should pack more money to gamble huh?? LOL

I voted for the last day to be a sea day. When we were on the Star last summer, we treated the last day like a sea day--even though the ship stopped in Victoria for the evening. We stayed on the ship and enjoyed our last dinner onboard in an almost empty dining room.

I wish every day was a Sea Day. However, I admit I like the ports too. I'm on the 1/8/05 CB. I am really looking forward to St Maarten since I have never been there. Our last day is Princess Cays (if open). I am not a beach person therefore I will probably stay on the ship and go with my DW to the Spa.

I voted for a sea day too, but that's for a Caribbean cruise. When I cruise in Europe or elsewhere, I like it when we get into port a day early and use the ship as a hotel to tour and explore before having to take off.

Dsrt Drmr -- you're going to love the Hawaii cruise: lots of sea days and lots of relaxation. They have a lot more activities and entertainment, and more variety, scheduled for the sea days than you'll see on a Caribbean Cruise. I'd do this one again in a heartbeat.

[quote name='mconthehighseas']After our last cruise, that was one of the things my DH asked for any cruises in the future. "From now on, the last day should be at sea. In fact, it would be better if ALL days were at sea!" Such a guy.

My hubbys thoughts exactly, which is one of the reasons for our March 2006 cruise roundtrip from la to hawaii 4 sea days out and 4 back....:D

[quote name='gatour']Several cruises ago I noticed I preferred to have the last day of a cruise as a sea day. There are several reason for this, time to reflect on a wonderful vacation, do any last minute shopping and the ability to pack as I come and go to my cabin, instead of having to pack at the last minute.

I have noticed that some cruiselines will have a port day, especially ones with a private island on the last day, so wonder what others thought.[/QUOTE]
Definitely a sea day. For all the reasons you mentioned plus a chance for DW to finally win at Bingo.

If it were the Private Island day it might be OK since we don't go there much anymore, maybe to take a walk around and have a sandburger and flies. We are pretty much beached and sunned out by the end of the cruise so it's a good chance to get organized before the last night's fun.

We were on a roundtrip Seattle to Alaska this summer. The end of our cruise was just perfect! Next to last day was a full sea day & formal night. Last day was at sea until 5pm when we arrived & docked at Victoria BC. By then we were more than well and leisurely packed & prepared for disembarkation. And, by 5 pm we were glad to walk to this beautiful town. We spent an hour in a wonderful glass enclosed garden full of orchids, tropical plants & exotic birds. This conservatory was originally designed as a huge enclosed pool around 1900 or so...but it didn't go over well. We strolled into a pub and had a beer, wandered through the streets admiring the amazing flowers everywhere, listened to street singers, shopped a little and watched this wonderful city light up as it fell dark.......and beautifully lit it is! Although, the ship stayed docked until midnight, we were back aboard by 8:15 for dinner and to do our last night partying!

Archived