Last Day in Port or at Sea

gatour

Port or Sea day for last full day of cruise  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Port or Sea day for last full day of cruise

Several cruises ago I noticed I preferred to have the last day of a cruise as a sea day. There are several reason for this, time to reflect on a wonderful vacation, do any last minute shopping and the ability to pack as I come and go to my cabin, instead of having to pack at the last minute.

I have noticed that some cruiselines will have a port day, especially ones with a private island on the last day, so wonder what others thought.

I like having the last day at sea, too. We've stopped at Princess Cays on the last day of a cruise and just couldn't quite get into the swing of it. Plus, I felt badly for the crew, who work extra to set things up on PC, then have such a long day for turnaround. It has to be hard on them.

After our last cruise, that was one of the things my DH asked for any cruises in the future. "From now on, the last day should be at sea. In fact, it would be better if ALL days were at sea!" Such a guy.

I didn't like rushing back from port and having to pack and put together tip envelopes in only a few hours. Our last port was St. Thomas, so I had to find room for my purchases! It also meant rushing our last dinner a little, and that was so sad. So I have to agree - last day at sea!

I like it both ways. Last day at sea or Private Island not a port. The island day could end at 3. I like not rushing on my last day. It would be nice to swim one last time before going back to the freezing could of middle Canada.

Nice poll.

Sea Day!

One of our favorite itinerary, a few years ago, was an Eastern Carib. that started out with TWO sea days, then ports, and ended with a sea day. By the time we got to the first port, we felt like real adventurers, and relaxed on the way home, so it felt like we had really been AWAY.......... :)

We're really looking forward to our Hawaiian cruise with four sea days, ports, and then five days home....................sounds like heaven, we'll see if we feel that way when we get back! :)

Hi Sue..........

Been gone for a week..........yes,.......4 weeks from Thursday we head to Dallas and then on to Ft. Lauderdale........got the doc's Saturday from the t/a when we got back into town...........I've only read them 4 times!LOL!

21 days............you'll be gone the week before me...........we should have some great reviews when we get back!

We have to compare notes!!! I am dying to hear how you loved Princess!!! :D One of these days if you quit booking these exotic cruises, we can cruise together one of these days. I would love to meet your wife too!! :)
Did your daughter in law make it back OK????????

She made it back but 2 days late...........guess a bunch of flights were still cancelled out of Jacksonville.........

As for exotic cruises...........don't know how exotic the Caribbean Princess cruise is!LOL! Hawaii isn't too exotic.........(especially when you had a 25% off coupon from Celebrity.....which is why we are going!)

We will probably book on board another Princess cruise......there is really nothing to lose......but after Hawaii in April, we are back to RC for Mexican Rivera and a group cruise in April of 2006..........good thing about Princess is the time they give you to book a cruise and decide where to go...........we will probably book an open booking..........would sure like to see where you guys want to cruise in the future and go from there......I'm sure it will happen some day.

Archived