Celebrity Email Survey - Don't bother

Host Dan

Hey folks,

If anyone of you have received a survey regarding Celebrity and Azamara Cruises entitled "Azamara cruises needs your input", don't bother with it. It claims that after you fill out the online survey (15-20 minutes) you will be rewarded with a $5 check that they will mail you, or you can re-direct the money to charity. After filling out the survey for 10 minutes, a screen came on saying that they had enough completed surveys, and re-directed you to the Azamara home page. BIG WASTE OF TIME! :mad:

Host Dan

Call me an idiot.

I figured that since Host Dan posted this over 8 hours ago that when I received the email about a half hour ago that they must have re-opened the survey.

I would be wrong. 10 minutes answering questions and then, "hey, pal, beat it, we've got enough responses. Have a nice day."

And I am the idiot?

Hey folks,

If anyone of you have received a survey regarding Celebrity and Azamara Cruises entitled "Azamara cruises needs your input", don't bother with it. It claims that after you fill out the online survey (15-20 minutes) you will be rewarded with a $5 check that they will mail you, or you can re-direct the money to charity. After filling out the survey for 10 minutes, a screen came on saying that they had enough completed surveys, and re-directed you to the Azamara home page. BIG WASTE OF TIME! :mad:

Host Dan

Dan:

In your OP you mentioned receiving a survey regarding Celebrity and Azamara cruises. Was this survey from Celebrity, Azamara or Royal Caribbean, it is not clear where it came from or was it an advertising thing from somewhere else.

As a Captains Club Elite member I gave up on it as soon as it asked me how many Celebrity cruises I had been on. I thought for some reason I was targeted as someone they wanted to hear opinions from.

I told them and they refused to believe me. I had to keep on lowering the number until an answer was accepted. Then they told me to get lost. I thought I had failed a "means" test... perhaps my target family income was lower than their threshold...

This thread interests me because I just received an email from X and completed it on line on Friday. Nowhere did it mention anything about $5, and my survey was completely accepted.

Dkjretired posed a great question......could it be some sort of scam from a third party? Unfortunately, I didn't keep the email but I am certain that it came from celebrity cruises. By the way, this is the first survey I have received from X out of 3 cruises.

To add to the topic of "enough responses from your demographic group"

I have never heard of such a thing. All of the companies I have worked for employed some type of electronic survey. We never disallowed surveys because of demographics. In fact, the demographics are only used to tracking purposes, not for responses/scoring. You would think that even if there are caps on the demographics, and they reach their limit, they would "refuse" these surveys without letting the person know that took their time to complete it.

Is anyone from Celebrity reading this? Please clarify this.

This thread interests me because I just received an email from X and completed it on line on Friday. Nowhere did it mention anything about $5, and my survey was completely accepted.

Dkjretired posed a great question......could it be some sort of scam from a third party? Unfortunately, I didn't keep the email but I am certain that it came from celebrity cruises. By the way, this is the first survey I have received from X out of 3 cruises.

To add to the topic of "enough responses from your demographic group"

I have never heard of such a thing. All of the companies I have worked for employed some type of electronic survey. We never disallowed surveys because of demographics. In fact, the demographics are only used to tracking purposes, not for responses/scoring. You would think that even if there are caps on the demographics, and they reach their limit, they would "refuse" these surveys without letting the person know that took their time to complete it.

Is anyone from Celebrity reading this? Please clarify this.

I posed that question because I have received surveys where you get to the end and they tell you they have received enough responses. If I receive one now I check out where it came from. It could have come from Celebrity but I would like to know if that is the case. If it did come from them "shame on them" but if not some have jumped to conclusions without any basis.

Here is my email:

Dear Guest: We are contacting you on behalf of Celebrity Cruises and new Azamara Cruises to participate in a short research study.

Everyone who qualifies and completes this survey will be compensated $5 for their time. You will receive a check in the mail within 4-6 weeks of the study's completion. As an alternative, you may donate $5 to a charity at the end of the survey.

This survey will take 10-15 minutes of your time to complete. Please rest assured that your answers to this survey will only be looked at in aggregate and not tied to you individually. No one will contact you for sales purposes as a result of your participation.

To get started, please click on the link below. We encourage you to participate before midnight EST on April 30, 2008.

(my ID link removed) If you encounter any technical difficulties while completing this survey, please send an email to: cruisingsurvey@directiveanalytics.com.

We look forward to hearing your opinions!

The Market Research Team

Directive Analytics

You have received this email because you agreed to be contacted by Celebrity Cruises. We are only contacting you for the purpose of market research. We will not contact you for any other reason. If you wish to be removed immediately, please click here. Your name will be removed from our list within 48 hours.

If you would like to write to us, please direct your correspondence to:

Online Panel Manager

Directive Analytics

64 Wall Street, Suite 200

Norwalk, CT 06850

I'm pretty certain that this email WAS affiliated directly to Celebrity and Amazara Cruise Line. Why else would you be bumped off the survey, and re-directed automatically to the official Amaraza home page??

Host Dan

I'm pretty certain that this email WAS affiliated directly to Celebrity and Amazara Cruise Line. Why else would you be bumped off the survey, and re-directed automatically to the official Amaraza home page??

Host Dan

As a cover to make it look good and answer their surveys in the future. I have received the same thing in the past from other companies...I would send Celebrity an email and ask but they probably wouldn't know themselves.

Whether or not this survey was sanctioned by Celebrity, they should know how this company operates. I think X would like to know if they indeed did hire this company for market research, and they are performing this type of dis-service. I would definitely contact celebrity in any case.

As for me, my survey was a survey on the cruise I just finished, not market research.

Thanks to all for the clarification.

Whether or not this survey was sanctioned by Celebrity, they should know how this company operates. I think X would like to know if they indeed did hire this company for market research, and they are performing this type of dis-service. I would definitely contact celebrity in any case.

I just called Azamara, asked for customer service, wound up with Celebrity and talked to Erin.

I read the email I posted above, and asked her about it. Yes it is their survey, all the funds were going to charity :confused: and the poll results were "full". I concluded that we were talking about it on cruise critic and that Celebrity's /Azamara's reputation did not improve as a result of this survey.

Erin then wanted to know if there was anything else she could help me with...:cool:

I just called Azamara, asked for customer service, wound up with Celebrity and talked to Erin.

I read the email I posted above, and asked her about it. Yes it is their survey, all the funds were going to charity :confused: and the poll results were "full". I concluded that we were talking about it on cruise critic and that Celebrity's /Azamara's reputation did not improve as a result of this survey.

Erin then wanted to know if there was anything else she could help me with...:cool:

All the funds were going to charity??? I though one had a choice to keep the $$ or donate... Hmm....

Host Dan

All the funds were going to charity??? I though one had a choice to keep the $$ or donate... Hmm....

Host Dan

My first thoughts "Coffee" fund or TGIF fund but those thoughts are uncharitable... but she was serious.

Same thing happened to me! I got the email a couple of days ago while I was online and responded immediately. They got all my info and I got zilch! I am also an Elite Captain's Club member.

Not a good company doing this marketing research for Azamara. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

"Celebrity and Azamara Cruises invite you to participate in a survey about loyalty programs to help us better understand your needs and preferences. This survey is for purely exploratory purposes and intended for both guests who are members of the loyalty program and guests who are not currently enrolled in the program"

I just finished a survey about the Loyalty Reward Program. It did not offer any money to complete it. I thought it was a really good survey if they listen to the input.

I never got the survey (elite) but I can't see where it might have come from Celebrity? The url is not Celebrity. Could it be a phishing post?? Sounds peculiar judging from the above posts.

It is easy to check out this marketing company. The survey includes their email to check out the authenticity.

surveys@ictgroup.com

Archived