Drunks screaming at 3 a.m. in cabin corridor

scopewest

This thread is hilarious but by the time the OP gets around to posting a review, we're gonna forget what this was about to begin with. :D

Scopewest: our DD and SIL will be on the Elation in a couple of weeks (honeymoon cruise) so we're looking forward to your review.

I haven't had this problem with noise but if it were to happen I think I would reward the person causing me to lose my sleep. I get cranky if someone disrupts my sleep, cruise or not.

I would wake the room causing the problem with early 6 am wake up call from room service. Just fill out the room service card by ordering some prune juice and milk from room service and hang it on their door.

Dave

Oh nummy, this is good one!

We had this happen to us last year. The teenage girls accross the hall from us (not sure where parents were) just made horrible noises for several days. Finally I had enough! Opening the door in my jammies about 2:00 am and letting them know what I thought in my best Mommy tone! And, the next morning at 6:00 I did call their cabin and hang-up! Childish? Yes! But that felt oh so good!

I'm all for partying, and having a great time BUT...I also expect people to respect their neighbors!

I'm a light sleeper [i sleep with a light on :-)]. I wish I was a hard sleeper, then I could sleep with............the light off.... better stick to the task at hand!

Anyway, if I'm awaken at 3 am, then that's it, I can't get back to sleep.

People on and off vacation should have respect.....that shouldn't take a vacation.

Now that I'm old, and cranky, I'm going to start doing the phone call thing....after all, I can't get back to sleep, might as well make sure they can't either!! ;)

And yes, if there is noise outside the cabin at 3AM, it is a BIG DEAL.

I was waken at 1 by a loud man a few cabins down. Than againat 2 by lud talking and laughing. This time I looked out and saw three officers. Not sure if the were dealing with the guy or some other issue. I got up at 6 and went to slepp in my lounge chair. Much quieter:D

I haven't had this problem with noise but if it were to happen I think I would reward the person causing me to lose my sleep. I get cranky if someone disrupts my sleep, cruise or not.

I would wake the room causing the problem with early 6 am wake up call from room service. Just fill out the room service card by ordering some prune juice and milk from room service and hang it on their door.

Dave

clever clever (note to self.. remember the room service card ;) )

This whole thread cracks me up. I can't believe there are so many people out there that won't open up their cabin door and yell....."Shut the .....(what ever word you want to interject) up.".....Been there and done this and guess what...they shut up....:eek: :eek:

This whole thread cracks me up. I can't believe there are so many people out there that won't open up their cabin door and yell....."Shut the .....(what ever word you want to interject) up.".....Been there and done this and guess what...they shut up....:eek: :eek:

LOL...that works :D

I like you!

Yep that'll work!

Look, this is not rocket science. Drunks are out there, and chances are you will get awakened by one sooner or later.

I won't be awakened, because I drink a lot, and a freight train running through my cabin would not rouse me. I highly recommend heavy drinking.

Anyway, for those who don't drink enough, and flunked rocket science in school, just dial security when you are awakened. You can't prevent a drunk from waking you any more than you can prevent the rain from forcing you off the pool deck.

Sorry, but at 3AM, I EXPECT to be able to sleep without being awaken by noise in the corridors!

And yes, if there is noise outside the cabin at 3AM, it is a BIG DEAL.

I have paid to enjoy my cruise - not have it interrupted by some drunken fools!

those people screaming at 3 Am also paid to enjoy their cruise. I guess you better shut the pie hole or realize it isn't that big a deal.

those people screaming at 3 Am also paid to enjoy their cruise. I guess you better shut the pie hole or realize it isn't that big a deal.
What is your cabin # on your next cruise so we might camp outside your cabin and have a screaming party at 3AM......:p :p

Take note of the cabin number that is causing the ruckus, and give them a ring at say 6.30 a.m. and again at 7.30, 8.30, 9.30. Just to let them know you care.:D

Yep been there done that - Last morning of the cruise we gave some pay back to some nice neighbors that let their kids go in and out all night while the parents were out all night and then they would come back to the cabin and yell and scream at one another - so we decided every phone we saw (the last morning) we would call their room - we called about 15 times - sucks to be them - By the way this was after talking to them twice and asking them to keep it down and calling the pursers desk more than once.

Yep been there done that - Last morning of the cruise we gave some pay back to some nice neighbors that let their kids go in and out all night while the parents were out all night and then they would come back to the cabin and yell and scream at one another - so we decided every phone we saw (the last morning) we would call their room - we called about 15 times - sucks to be them - By the way this was after talking to them twice and asking them to keep it down and calling the pursers desk more than once.

Don't ya think after a couple of hang ups they would just take the phone off the hook:confused: They are stupid:p

I don't think it is limited to drunks.

I've heard mothers yelling to their kids at the other end of the hall at the un-Godly hour of 7 or 8 am.

Some time ago, I learned to pack ear plugs.

A city is a city, floating or not. Some people work days; others work nights.

Don't ya think after a couple of hang ups they would just take the phone off the hook:confused: They are stupid:p

Maybe. On one cruise I was receiving wrong number calls at unwanted hours so I just would unplug the phone. Without fail, my cabin steward would just keep plugging it in :mad:

I would do this if the argument happened during the 2-3 hours I will be sleeping per night. Now if I was up at the time, I would pour a drink, open my cabin door and enjoy the fireworks.

So -its not nice for your neighbours to scream at each other at 3am

But if they stopped after a short time be thankful it did not go on and on.

Truth beknown they were probably embarrassed in the morning.

People get stressed out and are sometimes at breaking point when they do go on holiday.

Then they confine themselves in a small space with their spouse and or friends/relatives (some they don't like) and get even MORE STRESSED.

We have had domestics on holiday and although we try and keep a lid on it -it has happened- (we have been Married 22 years- mostly happy)

Afterwards you are embarrased and hope the neighbours did not hear too much.

I am always surprised when couples say they have never had a crossed word-

And emotions just don't always turn on and off on Holiday-

I dislike drunks but have been myself (so can't be too holy that though)

don't like spewing ,

but least of all don't like urinating and smokers who drop their butts and exhale onto others.

Kids screaming is horrible but not as bad as part time Mothers/fathers (those that possibly always at work- over indulge their kids (guilt) and wind them up so they are high as kites -and feel compelled to grant their every wish)

What I am saying as while it is not acceptable,

sometimes people do drink too much and do argue and in a confined space you may hear them.

If it is ongoing then yes thats not nice for those next door and nor should you have to put up with it.

But sometimes LIFE is not PERFECT-

it is part of us being Human.

Sometimes when I hear couples fight/argue

I think he's a bully etc and thank my lucky stars its not us

and that we are at least having a reasonable time

Archived