RCCL Entertainment....good?

So just wondering what everyone thinks of the entertainment on the RCCL ships....all of them and all venues!:D Really curious to hear the good, the great, the semi-bad and the worst! Also what made you feel that way. THANKS:)

Some good, some bad, some indifferent! Just like anywhere! We've generally liked the guest performers, and the production shows are good (if you like production shows! (I don't), and we've seen some good comedians. The bands--again, some are better than others!

They really do a pretty good job on entertainment.........I don't think it is quite up to what it was a few years ago, but still very good.

I also say some good some not so good. It depends on what you like or not. If the lead singer has a cold, then you get what they can do. I really enjoy the ice skating reviews they are fabulous, they do so much on such a small ice rink.

As for the entertainment in Alaska, its the same, just about anywhere they are. They might do a show when docked with the people who live up there.(sorry can't remember the names of the different people) that was interesting to see.

I have been on several RCCL cruises and my favorite entertainment was the dueling pianos...not all ships have it all the time...VERY FUNNY!! Histerical!

I hope they have it at least one night on my next trip..jsut 7 days away to Alaska!:D

The quality of the entertainment varies according to the talents of the persons hired to entertain on a particular cruise. I have seen the same production show performed by two different sets of singers and dancers and the quality of the performance has varied dramatically because one group was much more talented than the other. Same show - totally different experience. The same goes for the headliners. We have seen some excellent ones and others who were definitely not excellent (a National Champion Whistler on Celebrity's Constellation, comes to mind:rolleyes:). We enjoy most of the shows and if you enjoy live music there are few places nowadays other than on a cruise ship, where you can find live bands. If a particular entertainer or production show doesn't suit your fancy, there are usually any number of alternative entertainments and activities to fill the time.:)

The quality of the entertainment varies according to the talents of the persons hired to entertain on a particular cruise.

If a particular entertainer or production show doesn't suit your fancy, there are usually any number of alternative entertainments and activities to fill the time.:)

My favorite entertainment on the ships

is when the GUESTS do a talent show.

I wish R.C.C.L. did more of that.

Cheap entertainment for sure. ~

I have seen some GREAT entertainment

by cruisers in the past. I remember my most favorite

was a mother playing the piano and, her son strumming a

guitar. S

And, she sang the song:

"You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me."

(The great Gladys Knight hit..)

I still remember those two "just cruisers" on board with some talent

and, the son brought his guitar with him.:rolleyes:

I was told by my brothers (who've cruised more then I have) that the shows on Carnival were better but the food and service on RCCL was better however, I prefer the show, food and service on RCCL. I enjoy the production shows the most, I just like shows

I like the production shows, but I am a Broadway fanatic. I also enjoy many of the comedians and jugglers on board. They had one duo named Wilde & Haines my Feb 08 cruise that was hilarious... I even started to thread to find them.

i've always enjoyed the entertainment on all the ships I've been on. The broadway style shows as well as royal caribbean singers and dancers are great. usually, the comedians are great too. something interesting i wanted to point out.......i went to a national tour performance of RENT recently and was reading the bio's of the performers. Many of the performers and understudy performers were former royal caribbean singers and dancers!! neat, huh?

On our recent Enchantment cruise - the Headliner was Troy Thirdgill - he was really funny. I think almost everyone was repeating his catch phrase during the rest of the cruise, even the last night's comedian mentioned it.

Of course, there are always a handful of acts or entertainment genres that don't connect with us and those we may not even go try. But as for production shows, comedians, large theatre in general--we've been pretty well pleased.

We're especially snooty about vocalists, and have found most to be good. One thing we wouldn't even have considered going to, but were extremely impressed by was the Big Band/Swing night on board Serenade this March. That was a great evening in the Safari Lounge, and when we boarded we wouldn't have said, "Hey, let's hope they have Big Band in the Safari Lounge..."

We're usually also impressed with their orchestras that play in support of the theatres/guest entertainers. What these musicians pull off with little advance prep is amazing as guests come and go from the entertainment line-up.

If so, then how? I will be sailing on Rhapsody in June and just wondering

If you'd like to find out the specific entertainers for your cruise, just email Royal Caribbean at web_reservations@rccl.com and give them the date of your cruise and the name of your ship. They'll send you a list in few days. (There is an "underscore" between web and reservations.)

I'm not into the shows at all but what I do enjoy is the piano bar in Schooner's. It's a sing-a-long type bar & you can even sit around the piano. It's such a great time. Say Hi to "G" for me, the best bar waiter on the high seas!!!!

Also, I just LOVE the Enchantment. She's a beautiful ship & the only one I've sailed 2x.

Have fun!!

Barbara from Philly

Some good, some bad. After a few cruises the usual jugglers and comedians get old. But there are some highlights that stand out. On our 12 day TA the best show was Marty Allen. Even at over 80 he's still hilarious. Great guy. Oh yea, the Elton John immitator (forgot his name) was great too. If you ever get to see the Beatlemaniacs, they are great too.

I've only been on one cruise - the Sovereign. But I thought they did a good job with the entertainment. They were not up to Vegas standards, but good for free shows on a cruise. The comedian was great - his show was just too short. Also the Love and Marriage game was great entertainment. But the very best by far was Quest! We have never laughed so hard. It would be fun to watch, but to participate makes it even better.

Archived