Booking with a FCC Certificate

pinkbirds02

When booking a cruise with a Future Cruise Credit Certificate are you finding that you have to call a TA rather than book on-line? We had to call to book our cruise and we were charged a handling fee for it! Not Happy :(

Comments?!

Can't really blame TAs for charging a "handling" fee for FCC booking.

Just as with precruise shorex reservations, there's no financial commitment.

I suspect some folks book because they might take the cruise causing a higher than normal cancellation rate.

Can't really blame TAs for charging a "handling" fee for FCC booking.

I do. A FCC is similar to doing a deposit. There should be no extra charge for this.

I guess I am lucky as I have a TA who provides good prices and doesn't charge for changes.

I just booked a cruise yesterday using a FCC and there was no charge for it and it is a online TA. In fact I have never been charged for using a FCC. Hmmm. I would certainly change to another TA.

Marilyn

I am taking a guess here, but I think what happened with the OP is that they attempted to book online, and did not know how to use an FCC to book without making a call and doing it over the telephone. Some online TA's charge a higher rate when cruises are booked over the phone and not strictly off their website.

I could be wrong here, but that would be my guess.

To the OP, next time just call and ask how they handle booking with an FCC while booking online and I am sure there won't be an added charge that way.

When my usual online TA said I had to book over the phone to use the FCC, they also advised that I would have to pay the extra fee to do so. So, I immediately balked at that. I then proceeded to search high and low for an agency, internet or otherwise, that would come even close to matching their price. Couldn't find it. So I had no choice but to go back to my internet agency, make the booking over the computer, pay the going deposit, and then email my FCC number to have it also applied to my booking. I saved hundreds of dollars booking with them, and making a higher deposit payment was the only disadvantage. I still get the benefit of the OBC from my FCC and it didn't cost me the additional agency fee.

we book thru an online agency that has the best price we can find and yes it didn't have an area to book using FCC... we made a quick call to their 1800 number and asked how to do it. They happily explained how and we then booked on line.

I too think that the poster just was not sure how to use FCC when booking online and called and paid the higher price.

Since this will be our first cruise with Princess let me get this straight.

If we did the Future Cruise Credit thing while aboard the ship, we don't have to book the future cruise directly with Princess - we can still use an outside agent and get the discount?

Thanks,

Tinkerbell26

Since this will be our first cruise with Princess let me get this straight.

If we did the Future Cruise Credit thing while aboard the ship, we don't have to book the future cruise directly with Princess - we can still use an outside agent and get the discount?

Thanks,

Tinkerbell26

quick answer = YES

YOu can book directly with Princess while on board and then transfer it to any agent you want, sometimes for a better fare.

Usually we just purchase the FCC it goes into our account with Princess and is linked with our Captain Circle Number. Then when we book we inform our agent that we will use our FCC for deposit.

Archived