Bridge Tour?

Has anyone had any luck getting a bridge tour - just by asking for one? We are new to RCI and really are interested in seeing the bridge during our Nov. cruise on Liberty. We were just wondering if anyone had any tips - or any ideas who is in charge of organizing/arranging tours. Guest Relations? Thanks!!!!

Has anyone had any luck getting a bridge tour - just by asking for one? We are new to RCI and really are interested in seeing the bridge during our Nov. cruise on Liberty. We were just wondering if anyone had any tips - or any ideas who is in charge of organizing/arranging tours. Guest Relations? Thanks!!!!

We've taken bridge tours on most of the ships since becoming DiamondPlus many years ago. They often offer these tours to D+ members and other vip's/suite passengers who may ask the concierge. But generally, not open for everyone, sorry.

I thought Diamond Plus was created in the last few years, not many year ago...;)

Anyway, bridge tours can be had, but it depends on the Captain who gets to go. It can't hurt to write a note to the Captain and give it to Guest Services to give to him (if you're staying in a full suite, ask the Concierge to help). Good luck!

I have some pictures of a bridge tour in my sig

I write a letter to the Captain a couple of months prior. I've had one on Carnival, Princess and NCL and I hope on RCCL

derf...........I believe that you know how to request for a bridge tour.

If others take head..............they could be given the same tour.

A couple of hints. It really helps to be a US citizen, or British citizen, as they are now looking at credentials before allowing one onto the bridge.

When you enter the bridge......you will find that it is divided into two parts. The forward part for the operation of the sea duties......and the rear portion for the navigation, fire control, water tight control, and the best part.........the many cameras that watch after us in the rest of the ship!!:D :D

Please don't be discouraged if your are turned down.

The bridge is the heart of the ship..........and runs in conjunction with the Chief Engineer.........at his station. That is also a tour........that is never talked about..........and very seldom given.

Don't even ask for the Engineering tour............unless you are the next of kin to the Chief Engineer.

Rick

We were invited along with all the other Meet and Mingle Cruise Critic members for a tour of the Serenade's bridge on the Panama canal cruise. Make sure you sign up for the M&M and you never know what you might get.

Security getting in was tight as we were split into small groups of about 10 over the course of a couple of days. Security waved the metal detector wand over us and there were certain things we were asked not to take pictures of.

P4270174.jpg.44d860b6a76720c8d1370b17779d741c.jpg

Guess this is what they call the crow's nest!:D

Last cruise we asked the conciege since we were in a Suite. It appeared to us, at least on our tour it was all suite guests. We have asked before and got turned down ( but got an invitation to the Captain's Table). We got wanded and security was with the tour.

Good luck.

The stabilizers are used...SOMETIMES!!!:D

2095306010080875955S500x500Q85.jpg

BILL

Soneone actually asked about the stabilizers not being used on our Grandeur New England cruise last month. I don't think the seas got above 3' swells, it was often like a mirror, not sure what the point would have been. :rolleyes:

If you cruise in June, go to the Make A Wish auction. Bridge, engineering, and galley tours were all available (and the price was a deductible charitable donation, as 100% went to Make A Wish).

Soneone actually asked about the stabilizers not being used on our Grandeur New England cruise last month.

When I was in the navy we didn't need any stinking stabilizers

I got used to the natural roll and pitch of the ship

Stabs seem to me to give the ship a herky jerky motion, not natural at all.

When I was in the navy we didn't need any stinking stabilizers

I got used to the natural roll and pitch of the ship

Stabs seem to me to give the ship a herky jerky motion, not natural at all.

Dh and I have actually preferred older ships with no stabilizers. Even in rough seas. Maybe it's the Navy brat in me, but the roll of the ship never bothers me, either. :)

Soneone actually asked about the stabilizers not being used on our Grandeur New England cruise last month. I don't think the seas got above 3' swells, it was often like a mirror, not sure what the point would have been. :rolleyes:

If you cruise in June, go to the Make A Wish auction. Bridge, engineering, and galley tours were all available (and the price was a deductible charitable donation, as 100% went to Make A Wish).

Actually, the auction is still going......was last week on the Sovereign.engine room tour went for about $250......same lady also won the bridge tour.

Bridge tours may or may not happen............someone asked the captain this past weekend for one and the captain no......none available since 9/11.........now I knew that wasnt true.....it all depends on the captain.....some will,some wont...

I got talking to the LA on my second RCI cruise and got a bridge tour from Captain Solem. I guess I just got lucky.

Captain Solem is one who will allow bridge tours........I got one for my friends since they had never been (on the SS)........actually again for my inlaws on the SS...........then we got one when we cruised with him on the Jewel............he is my favorite captain............

Actually, the auction is still going......was last week on the Sovereign.engine room tour went for about $250......same lady also won the bridge tour.

Bridge tours may or may not happen............someone asked the captain this past weekend for one and the captain no......none available since 9/11.........now I knew that wasnt true.....it all depends on the captain.....some will,some wont...

Captain Solem is one who will allow bridge tours........I got one for my friends since they had never been (on the SS)........actually again for my inlaws on the SS...........then we got one when we cruised with him on the Jewel............he is my favorite captain............

He was my first. :D

I would agree that you should sign up for the Meet & Mingle. On our Panama Canal cruise the M&M group was given a bridge tour and a backstage tour of the theater. We had a bridge tour on Celebrity because of our RCI platinum level.

We won the Make a Wish auction on JOS in June. It was well worth the $125 for our family of four. The tour lasted about 1/2 hour and we were free to take any pictures we wanted.

Archived