Love Being A Diamond!!!!

We just got off the Enchantment on Monday after a really nice cruise. This was my first experience sailing at the Diamond level. I loved, loved, loved it!!

Julian the consierge was wonderful. We loved the lounge and the free coctails and champagne. I liked being able to use the computer in a more initmate setting. I met some interesting cruises who have sailed so many times that they have their own RCL name tags that look just like they are a member of the crew (they say their names and Loyal to Royal).

I got two pins, personalized stationary, and the loyalty ambassdor sent us a plate of chocolate covererd strawberries. Our waiter gave me extra special attention, more so than the others at our table, once he saw my card with my Diamond status. The booklet with upgraded coupons saved us a lot lot money, especially being able to get two photos for free.

It was really great and a lot of fun. :) RCL really knows how to treat thier loyal customers well.

I will be a first time Diamond cruiser and my daughter is not, can she go into the Lounge with me?

If you and she are sharing the same room, and She Is Of Proper Age, then she should be able to go as your guest.

If you live at the same address, then she would be considered Diamond along with you.

Hope This Helps.

Joan: Enchantment's CL is one of the nicest in the fleet with the windows from floor to ceiling...Julian is also one of a kind...So glad that your first experience was great and let it be the first of many to come...Later, Jill:cool:

Huh?

I am guessign that you see an image of a diamond in Joan's signature? For some reason I don't see the picture, I just see the link "http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/pt/diamond...ed-diamond.gif" (in a HUGE font...)

Boo

We were Diamond for the first time on Liberty and it was awesome! Mario in the DL treated us so wonderful and everywhere we went it was fantastic. We have always been treated great on RCL, but being Diamond and getting to go into the DL made it all that much better.

I will be a first time Diamond cruiser and my daughter is not, can she go into the Lounge with me?

If your daughter lives in the same home as you, she is at Diamond level.

If she is staying in your cabin it will be up to the concierge staff.

I am guessign that you see an image of a diamond in Joan's signature? For some reason I don't see the picture, I just see the link "http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/pt/diamond...ed-diamond.gif" (in a HUGE font...)

Boo

Ah, mystery solved....................:)

If your daughter lives in the same home as you, she is at Diamond level.

If she is staying in your cabin it will be up to the concierge staff.

Her daughter will only be diamond if she has cruised with RCCL before. If this is her first cruise she wouldn't be diamond. Hopefully she has cruised before and lives at your address so she can be diamond too!

I agree with the all of the previous posts. Being a Diamond C&A member certainly does enhance the cruise vacation. The perks that come with Diamond are awesome. I look forward to the day when all of RCI's fleet come with either a DL or a CL.

We also just had our 1st Diamond cruise. We did notice the extra attention once servers found out we were diamond. Also, we never wanted to wait in line to get a picture with the Captain, but he was at the D/D+ reception & we got one of him with our kids - no waiting, no rushing! Very cool. The kids also liked having "Diamond Member" on their seapasses.

Except for being in the CL, and whatever attention you get there, I NEVER felt like any server or cabin steward treated me any differently because I am Diamond.

The steward appreciates that I "know the ropes" about what to expect, and how to communicate my needs, but other than that, no special services.

My daughter has sailed Royal Carib before, two times, is over 21 but does not live with me.

Neither one of us is a big drinker but I thought it would be fun if she saw the lounge with me. We always go together to the parties and priority embarkation and disembark but wondered about the other. We'll see, I guess.

Congrats on Diamond. Hopefully you will be sailing on a Freedom class soon and experience the Diamond Lounge. The view and service is awesome.

Just off Liberty OTS and completed our first cruise as Diamond members. WOW...the Diamond Lounge is so nice and the view is gorgeous. Our two bartenders at cocktail hour were wonderful and DH and I really appreciated the extra attention Diamond members are privey to. Our concierge, Pretty, is very personable and always showed us a great time.

We will be leaving on Saturday for our first cruise as Daimond Members on the Enchantment. We are so excited. I know we get priority boarding. What about disembarkation, are we able to wait in the Concierge Lounge? How does it work when you board in regards to gaining access to the CL. Does your room act as the key to the CL or do they provide you with an extra key? What are the hours the CL is open? And last question (at least for now:p), what hours are drinks served?

We will be leaving on Saturday for our first cruise as Daimond Members on the Enchantment. We are so excited. I know we get priority boarding. What about disembarkation, are we able to wait in the Concierge Lounge? How does it work when you board in regards to gaining access to the CL. Does your room act as the key to the CL or do they provide you with an extra key? What are the hours the CL is open? And last question (at least for now:p), what hours are drinks served?

Arrival:

When you arrive on the ship, there should be a letter on your bed with a key card for the Concierge Lounge. It is "open" 24/7. The Concierge will have morning hours and evening hours, generally around 8:30 - 11 and 5 - 8:30.

The drinks are pour-drinks only. (no blender or frozen drinks; nothing fancy)

Departure:

The Concierge will send you a letter that should be on your bed the last night of your cruise. It will tell you where you can gather and wait for him/her to take you off the ship.

Archived