Medical Forms

ctbusdrivermom

I believe that upon embarkation, you have to sign a form that says you haven't been ill in the past couple of days. It's a precaution to screen against norovirus. (At least this is how it was on other cruiselines we've sailed recently)

It's a pretty standard procedure now with the cruise ships in their battle against Noro. if you think that's bad, when we got off the PP in Hong Kong, we were screened to make sure we didn't have anything - we had to fill out a questionnaire and pass through a screening process to get into the city - they were pretty intent on keeping Hong Kong healthy from the dreaded 'cruise ship disease':rolleyes:

Being it is our first cruise I am a little confused on the Medical Form. Does every passenger have to have this form filled out. Thanks

I've never seen a medical form and the one page disclaimer form is usually given to you as you are boarding. Have you received something in advance? :confused:

Are you speaking of the Passenger Health form?

This form only needs to be filled out if you have a medical condition.

You can also call Princess Cruises Fleet Medical Department

at (661) 753-0121

they will be happy to answer your question.

Are you speaking of the Passenger Health form?

This form only needs to be filled out if you have a medical condition.

You can also call Princess Cruises Fleet Medical Department

at (661) 753-0121

they will be happy to answer your question.

Do you know what they consider a "medical conditon"? Do you have to have that filled out for conditions controlled by medicaton only, such as hypertension or non insulin dependant diabetes?

Sorry to take this a little off topic.

Do you know what they consider a "medical conditon"? Do you have to have that filled out for conditions controlled by medicaton only, such as hypertension or non insulin dependant diabetes?

Sorry to take this a little off topic.

Can't answer this one, you'll have to call to make sure.

You will see the form under

Download Forms & Documents

EVERY passenger will receive a half page form on arrival to the pier/terminal. Each passenger MUST fill them out (the parents will fill out for the children - they may be included on the parents form - I don't remember) declaring your presence or absence of gastrointestinal symptoms on arrival to the ship. As PP said, it is in an effort to combat norovirus, and people coming on board with noro. They implore you not to lie ont he form. If you have symptoms, you will get checked by the medical staff free of charge, and not necessarily denied boarding.

The health form that you fill in prior to your cruise is only for health issues that might require some sort of intervention or pre-planning on the part of

Princess. You know, special needs. They are not interested in all of the medications we take in our daily routine, that require no special action on their part.

It's a pretty standard procedure now with the cruise ships in their battle against Noro. if you think that's bad, when we got off the PP in Hong Kong, we were screened to make sure we didn't have anything - we had to fill out a questionnaire and pass through a screening process to get into the city - they were pretty intent on keeping Hong Kong healthy from the dreaded 'cruise ship disease':rolleyes:

They are looking for SARS, not Norovirus.

I have never seen this form. Interesting.

Pia

Pia, On any of your bookings, go to the 'special requests' section and look under 'medical conditions'. There is a form to click on for anyone needing to report special medical conditions before they sail. It can be found on any and all passenger bookings in this section.

The health form that you fill in prior to your cruise is only for health issues that might require some sort of intervention or pre-planning on the part of

Princess. You know, special needs. They are not interested in all of the medications we take in our daily routine, that require no special action on their part.[/quote]

Thats what I thought. Thank you.

Since this has to be filled out by a Physican, how soon before we leave should we send it in. I am going on a cruise Oct. 18, 2008 and I use a wheelchair and an oxygen concentrator at night time only.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 weeks is what I am thinking, again this is if you have a disclosed medical condition that requires pre-planning on princess part.....I know it is 6 weeks for certain dietary requests ( e.g. Kosher meals) which they need to make sure are onboard for you.

Pia, On any of your bookings, go to the 'special requests' section and look under 'medical conditions'. There is a form to click on for anyone needing to report special medical conditions before they sail. It can be found on any and all passenger bookings in this section.

I guess it's the old concept of "if you don't need it, you don't see it."

• 9 years later...

Has anyone ignored this form? Problems boarding? I usually file the form for my husband but wonder if I can avoid the aggrivation of getting the doc to sign. Not always easy to get to the office.

There is no need for a doctor to sign either the special request form or the standard "at port" medical for. The special request form is only needed if you are requesting something from the ship. If you take a pill each morning for your high blood pressure, there is no need for the form. If you need distilled water for your CPAP machine, you need to do the form (you are asking Princess for the water), but it needs no doc signature.

The boarding form just says you haven't had a fever, diarrhea, or other obvious signs of illness in the last 3 days.

The first page of this thread is 11 years old; perhaps better to start a new thread with a current question.

Has anyone ignored this form? Problems boarding? I usually file the form for my husband but wonder if I can avoid the aggrivation of getting the doc to sign. Not always easy to get to the office.

There is no need for a doctor to sign either the special request form or the standard "at port" medical for. The special request form is only needed if you are requesting something from the ship. If you take a pill each morning for your high blood pressure' date=' there is no need for the form. If you need distilled water for your CPAP machine, you need to do the form (you are asking Princess for the water), but it needs no doc signature.

The boarding form just says you haven't had a fever, diarrhea, or other obvious signs of illness in the last 3 days.

[/quote']

My Mom had a medical condition that we had to notify the ship of in advance (Visually impaired traveling with a Seeing Eye dog). It was the addition of the Seeing Eye dog that required me notifying the ship. The moment I did, they sent off a Medical Form that was quite extensive. I never once filled out this form because IMO - this was none of Princess's business. I was familiar with her medical conditions in case there was an emergency. If it wasn't for the Seeing Eye dog, they would not have known she had any medically conditions as many people board the ship with medical issues and do not inform the ship.

We embarked on 30 plus cruises with Princess without filling out the medical form. We did fill out the boarding form each time.

There is no need for a doctor to sign either the special request form or the standard "at port" medical for. The special request form is only needed if you are requesting something from the ship. If you take a pill each morning for your high blood pressure' date=' there is no need for the form. If you need distilled water for your CPAP machine, you need to do the form (you are asking Princess for the water), but it needs no doc signature.

My TA simply put in a request for distilled water for our machine and Princess approved it. It shows up on my booking confirmation. I filled out no form and I understand from another post that you can request distilled water under dietary requests in the personalizer.

My Mom had a medical condition that we had to notify the ship of in advance (Visually impaired traveling with a Seeing Eye dog). It was the addition of the Seeing Eye dog that required me notifying the ship. The moment I did, they sent off a Medical Form that was quite extensive. I never once filled out this form because IMO - this was none of Princess's business. I was familiar with her medical conditions in case there was an emergency. If it wasn't for the Seeing Eye dog, they would not have known she had any medically conditions as many people board the ship with medical issues and do not inform the ship.

We embarked on 30 plus cruises with Princess without filling out the medical form. We did fill out the boarding form each time.

Exactly--I don't complete the form for my adult daughter for exactly the same reason--it is none of Princess's business. She manages her issues at home on her own, and can do so on the ship.