Medical Forms

ctbusdrivermom

On our Ultimate Ships tour on the Grand last week, the ship doctor said that they were no longer handing out the pre-cruise medical form. He said our cruise was the 2nd on the Grand without it. Said that most people didn't list any illness anyway.

A few years ago we downloaded a medical form and filled it out in detail thinking that we would be asked for it upon check-in. We didn't have any alarming entries on the forms, but we were ready to hand them in if asked - we weren't asked and we didn't mention it. Eventually we just tossed them. On our more recent cruises we weren't required to submit anything. Hope this puts any concerns you might have to rest.

Happy cruising.

On our Ultimate Ships tour on the Grand last week, the ship doctor said that they were no longer handing out the pre-cruise medical form. He said our cruise was the 2nd on the Grand without it. Said that most people didn't list any illness anyway.

It took all this time for them to realize that the forms were worthless. LOL:D:D

As mentioned above, you can just email special needs (or have the TA so it) if you need distilled water for a CPAP and it's supposed to be there waiting for you. Usually, no matter if it's Princess or Celebrity or whatever, I have to ask the cabin steward for it upon boarding, along w/ an extension cord (usually one of those heavy duty orange ones that SEEM to be about 1 mile long!) I've never filled out a medical form.

For my next Princess cruise it already is on my invoice under special request/needs.

We cruised on the Regal in April 2018 and we did not have to fill out the health form that you usually fill out on embarkation. They said they were not doing that anymore. This was not our first cruise with Princess.

We cruised on the Regal in April 2018 and we did not have to fill out the health form that you usually fill out on embarkation. They said they were not doing that anymore. This was not our first cruise with Princess.

I was on the Regal in March and I did not have to fill it out because I did mine online as I was in the medallion section of he ship and everything was done online in advance. Smoothest and quickest boarding ever .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Regal in March and I did not have to fill it out because I did mine online as I was in the medallion section of he ship and everything was done online in advance. Smoothest and quickest boarding ever .

So in advance you were able to tell them you had no illness in the hours before boarding?

So in advance you were able to tell them you had no illness in the hours before boarding?

If I recall correctly it became active a few days before boarding and just after I received the medallion which was less than 7 day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"If you are pregnant, on dialysis, traveling with oxygen or using electric medical equipment..."

Seems to only apply to some specific and/or somewhat serious medical conditions. Probably not applicable to most people.

I can understand the reasoning behind the form but since it depended on everyone being 100% truthful in answering I always self diagnosed myself as to if I should board or not.

Since these forms were abandoned lately, it's obvious that most people just didn't care one way or the other & were willing to board first & take their chances about getting sick later.

Do you know what they consider a "medical conditon"? Do you have to have that filled out for conditions controlled by medicaton only, such as hypertension or non insulin dependant diabetes?

Sorry to take this a little off topic.

On Holland cruises if you do not have at least one medical condition they will not let you onboard. Unless you are over 95 at which point you can use the gym.