Weak Drinks

Is it just me or are the RCI drinks noticibly weak?

It started on the Vision as we boarded. A bartender set up a stand in the Centrum selling frozen drinks. Vacation has started so I bought one each for my wife and I. Having been a while since I had eaten, I was expecting the first drink buzz but it never came. The same thing happened with rum and Cokes that evening. I ordered a beer later and ding, feeling good. This went on for a sea day. While at one of the pool bars I watched the bartender pour rum into a Mojito and he tilted the bottle for about a second and a half. I'm no bartender but I thought that regular spouts delivered liquor at about an shot per 6 seconds. I noticed the same pour timing on the waiters that sell frozen drinks around the pool.

I ended up buying bottled drinks for the rest of the cruise because I didn't want to pay full price for weak drinks.

Yea, I know that there are some of you that say that it's perfectly fine to serve weak drinks because they don't want drunk passengers but don't you think that there are better ways?

Maybe you shouldn't have ordered virgin drinks.

Of all the accusations and complaints there is one thing nobody can complain: weak drinks on RCI.

I don't even have to tip out front or shove an extra couple dollars - the drinks are not weak.

Dear OP,

I can just assume where this thread is supposed to go or what purpose it should serve.

4 or 5 alcohol smuggling threads within a couple days followed by a 'weak drink' thread.

Gee whiz, don't need to be an Einstein to figure that one out.

:cool:

Just to prove my point:

That's another reason why Disney is the best.

They will allow you to bring on whatever beverages you want. I lugged a carry-on full of beer and liquor in full view of Disney folks.

They don't, however want you to bring on hard-sided coolers. Soft-sided are OK.

Are you kidding?

You have to ask to have your drinks poured properly? Do you have to ask to have your food cooked properly or your cabin cleaned properly? I suppose that this is common knowledge also.

Come on. Really??

A properly poured drink by a company trying to cut costs would be considered weak by many. A bartender can stick to that, or give you a little extra....with some incentive. So yes, the bar issue certainly is common knowledge. This happens everywhere.

Besides, my comment was a suggestion on how to get stronger drinks.....not whether or not I agreed with weak drinks poured by the cruise line. You spun my comment.

A friend of mine whom shall remain nameless(Manny?)

Ordered a Captain and coke for me on the Explorer from a waiter.

The waiter returned and saw that the drink was for me and the nameless one.

Well when he brought them to us I immediately ordered two more Captain and cokes as I had been tipping this waiter all week.

When he brought us the two drinks the nameless friend took a drink and asked if I had ordered Captain and coke?

I said yes "2 Captains with a splash of coke":eek:

and I really believe there was just a splash of coke in them.

I always tip.....Cash not on the sea pass card

I said yes "2 Captains with a splash of coke":eek:

and I really believe there was just a splash of coke in them.

Ahhhh the memories!!! Yes, that was a wonderful example of bartender bribing. What was his name?

Although, I don't think it took much to bride this guy:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2814509050080150150OkaQDH

If you want a good drink ask for a double shot.

And if you want just a single shot ask for a specific brand.

I don't mind paying extra for top shelf liquor.

But sometimes bar stock is a lower alcohol %

I always ask for a specific brand and after a few days the waiters and bartenders know you and they will make sure your drinks are good.

Even when I order Martini's for my wife I ask for Finlandia or Absolut.

Dont give me the Smirnoff.

Remember the bartenders and waiters know that if you get drunk on one two or three drinks you wont be buying anymore. So actually a weaker drink is more profitable. Because you will want something to drink all day.

A bucket of beer maybe cheaper but if its not on ice its gonna get warm.

Or you can get Paul to shoot the Champagne cork into the pool.......

A side note:

Hey Aquahound we will be in Key West Tuesday April 28th, 2009

Make sure the port authority allows us to dock our vessel.

Oh heck please do not have the locals waiting to handcuff me as Manny is joining me on this cruise.

Wow, I am amazed. I have never had a weak drink. I don't pretip, but I do tend to tip well and I seek out the same individuals everytime. I can't count on one hand how many times the little girl from serbia on NOS , as soon as she saw me she headed my way with a Bottle of beer. Didn't even have to ask. I think my dw was getting a little jealous. ANd she made sure that i always had a fresh bottle just as the warm one emptied.

I have NEVER been served a weak drink on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

That's a ditto here!! :D

And...........I drink martinis........and some of the bartenders have a tendency to over pour...........so, you will never hear a complaint from me!! :)

Rick

Maybe you shouldn't have ordered virgin drinks.

Of all the accusations and complaints there is one thing nobody can complain: weak drinks on RCI.

I don't even have to tip out front or shove an extra couple dollars - the drinks are not weak.

Dear OP,

I can just assume where this thread is supposed to go or what purpose it should serve.

4 or 5 alcohol smuggling threads within a couple days followed by a 'weak drink' thread.

Gee whiz, don't need to be an Einstein to figure that one out.

:cool:

Just to prove my point:

Your theory falls apart when you learn that Disney allows guests to bring aboard alcohol.

I have no agenda here, sorry. I just wanted to see if anyone else was annoyed by weak drinks. At times, I was wishing that I had a flask.

That's a ditto here!! :D

And...........I drink martinis........and some of the bartenders have a tendency to over pour...........so, you will never hear a complaint from me!! :)

Rick

That's a safe bet. It's hard to make a weak drink composed of Vermouth and vodka or gin unless they let the ice melt. I should have gone with Vespers.

Hey Aquahound we will be in Key West Tuesday April 28th, 2009

Make sure the port authority allows us to dock our vessel.

Oh heck please do not have the locals waiting to handcuff me as Manny is joining me on this cruise.

I trump the locals now!! ;)

I may have to arrange a special surprise for your visit............. ;)

I actually had a gin & tonic on the Serenade where I had to ask the bartender for more tonic! And I like strong drinks:eek:

The only place I have ever thought the drinks were a little weak was the theatre but only on frozen frou frou drinks, and this is often rememdied by some stiring (if booze is floated on top, you don't get it 'til the end and when you do it is diluted).

Cheers,

Archived