Do They Read This Board

Blackrobe

The question is often asked whether anyone at Princess reads this board. I have proof that they do. We just picked up the Princess brochure for 2005/2006 cruises for Caribbean & Mexico. On page 4, which talks about Movies Under the Stars, there is a quote from Cruisecritic.com. The fact that they are using a quote from this board in their advertising speaks volumes.

The question is often asked whether anyone at Princess reads this board. I have proof that they do. We just picked up the Princess brochure for 2005/2006 cruises for Caribbean & Mexico. On page 4, which talks about Movies Under the Stars, there is a quote from Cruisecritic.com. The fact that they are using a quote from this board in their advertising speaks volumes.

Where did you pick up the new brochure? I've been looking forward to getting one for weeks now. Even on the Princess website, it's not showing the new brochure. I think I'll call Princess tomorrow.

Minette

It would be foolish if they didn't read the posts on this board. It gives them much more candid info and more in depth too than the last day questionairs we fill out. Also, when you return from the cruise, you've had time to digest your cruise experience and express yourself more clearly. Much better than any off the cuff marketing survey.

It gives them much more candid info and more in depth too than the last day questionairs we fill out.

The problem with this, however, is that the information/feedback from this board is only from a specific sample of the cruising "population". And more importantly, the sample that we are is probably not representative of all people who cruise. So the questionnaires given on the last day probably give them more accurate information. Still, there's definitely some good stuff that comes from CC, and you're right that comments are much more in depth here than on questionnaires/surveys.

All market surveys result in information from a specific segment of the population: The population willing to be surveyed.

That's true. Which is why when interpreting the data, it's important to consider the differences between the population willing to be surveyed and those who are not to avoid the influence of bias.

I’d like to know what they quoted from Cruise Critic about MUTS as well…I’m sure it wasn’t one of my posts. I’d be more apt to think it be something in the CC review of Caribbean Princess. Either way, if the quote is positive – which I would assume it would be if it were included in an brochure – it doesn’t represent the opinions of all who post here.

In case they do read this board, I'd like to suggest that they sign up for a membership and post responses to some of the questions that people pose. On Flyertalk.com's Starwood Preferred Guest board, there's a guy who is a Starwood employee that does just that. His username is Starwood Lurker and he signs all of his posts with his name and job title and e-mail address so we all know who he is. He's able to post useful information for us, as well as gathering input from other posters, and it helps dispel rumors and reduce hostility towards the company. Of course, he also has to hold his tongue quite a bit and say things like "We're not making any public statements about that issue" on occasion, but it's better than not having him there at all. If Princess had someone doing that, they could tell us what's really going on with the Dawn's engines and itinerary changes, if the Sea Princess is actually getting MUTS, and why the captain's circle desk can't seem to get people's cruise histories correct. Not that everyone else posting here doesn't have useful information, but wouldn't it be great to get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak?

but wouldn't it be great to get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak?
I agree with you – and I think it would help the image of Princess Cruises…sometimes the cruise line is bashed when it shouldn’t be. Explanations from someone on the ‘inside’ might help to dispel those kinds of posts…

If they do indeed read these posts which I hope they do,I would hope they would address problems and concerns like Blackrobe and other posted about their Oct. 13th. sailing of the Sun Princess and other general problems associated with this ship.

If what we believe is true,Princess certainly has seemed to have turned their backs on this older,beautiful ship in favor of the newer,larger,more revenue-generating megaships,it appears.

I for one,have always associated Princess with a certain level of service...not an outrageously high level mind you,but a certain classy level of service.In these cost-cutting days of doing business I expect things to slide a bit but I'll tell you know,if things don't shape up,we'll say screw our Elite status and go cruise elsewhere because I know two things if I know anything:

A) I'M NOT GOING TO STOP CRUISING

B) THERE ARE PLENTY OTHER ALTERNATIVES FOR OUR CRUISING DOLLAR

PRINCESS,AGAIN I MUST ASK:

A R E Y O U L I S T E N I N G ?????

If they do indeed read these posts which I hope they do,I would hope they would address problems and concerns like Blackrobe and other posted about their Oct. 13th. sailing of the Sun Princess and other general problems associated with this ship.

If what we believe is true,Princess certainly has seemed to have turned their backs on this older,beautiful ship in favor of the newer,larger,more revenue-generating megaships,it appears.

:rolleyes: Sorry, I have to disagree with the implications in this post. I sailed on Sun Princess in March, and as with all my previous Sun Princess cruises, everything was excellent. You wouldn’t find me on my “home” ship as much as I’ve been there if the conditions were not good. I also sailed Regal Princess two months ago, and the standards and quality on that smaller ship were exceptional.

I don’t think the posts of two or three who are active on this board mean there are general problems associated with the ship. If the ship had a full passenger load, the number of people posting here would be less than one percent of that passenger load. I don’t think you can conclude that Sun Princess has become a broken down barge with that number of reports.

I for one,have always associated Princess with a certain level of service...not an outrageously high level mind you,but a certain classy level of service.In these cost-cutting days of doing business I expect things to slide a bit but I'll tell you know,if things don't shape up,we'll say screw our Elite status and go cruise elsewhere
I think we need to keep the reports of negative experiences on Sun Princess in perspective...

bdjam,

I hope you are correct and I am taking everything I read with a grain of salt as one should always do.

I cannot believe Princess would allow an older ship such as the Sun to go completely downhill and not care a bit.

I hope we'll continue to hear more positive reports such as yours in the near future.

Thanks for your input.

I agree with you – and I think it would help the image of Princess Cruises…sometimes the cruise line is bashed when it shouldn’t be. Explanations from someone on the ‘inside’ might help to dispel those kinds of posts…

Geez, how many of us have been accused of that already, and pilloried for our efforts?

Geez, how many of us have been accused of that already, and pilloried for our efforts?
Well now that you mention it, I think you’ve got a point…a real Princess employee might be flamed at the steak here…there would need to be some asbestos britches employed, for sure...

Which brings to mind, the slam that some here are Princess loyalists. Well, yes, this is the Princess board, so that's probably mostly true. And the most negative comments on this board, come from those not prone to being loyal to any line, or maybe to another line. Seems to make sense to me! Some of us really like/love Princess, and can take the little bumps in stride. Others don't realize that if they have bumps on another cruiseline, they may have just as much difficulty with customer service on all the lines! Appears to be true, from reading the other cruiselines' boards.

For the record, I've cruised the other mainstream lines, but prefer Princess!

Archived