Creamy Tuna on English Muffin

Deb1113

I've been back from my cruise on The Victory for a few weeks, and I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of the creamy tuna. After reading so much about it on this board, I couldn't wait to try it and I must say I was very disappointed. It was dark tuna with mayo, absolutely nothing special. I use solid white tuna and I must say my tuna salad is much tastier.

I got slightly sick on our first cruise (probably too many DOD's...lol) and the only thing I could stomach was the tuna salad from room service because it was bland. It's definitely not something I would chose to eat over the other yummy food they offer!

OK.... I am a guilty one....

YES, I have mentioned my love of the Tuna on English Muffin from room service!!

My daughter takes her naps, and sometimes it is just easier to order room service for lunch... and Tuna is the best! Yes, I could make it at home, but something about having it delivered with a pickle and chips makes it special!!

Now... wish they had Chicken Salad!

Catrin

Hmmm I guess I'm just a freak then, because after a late night of drinking, the tuna on the toasted english muffin is AWESOME! :D Actually, I could go for one right now...;)

Sounds like something I would like as well!! Yummo! I have a weird question for you...do you remember if it is just tuna and mayo or does it have onions, pickles or relish in it? I don't care for onions and so haven't ordered it thinking it would have them....

Sounds like something I would like as well!! Yummo! I have a weird question for you...do you remember if it is just tuna and mayo or does it have onions, pickles or relish in it? I don't care for onions and so haven't ordered it thinking it would have them....

Totally not a weird question...I despise onions and sweet relish, and it DEFINITELY does not have those. :D It also comes with a side of yummy potato chips. Best post-drinking room service snack ever. Followed by a close second by the roast beef and brie smammich. :)

Seriously, now that I have a few Jim Beam and Diet Cokes in me, I sooooo need one of those sandwiches...what's the number for room service? ;)

Totally not a weird question...I despise onions and sweet relish, and it DEFINITELY does not have those. :D It also comes with a side of yummy potato chips. Best post-drinking room service snack ever. Followed by a close second by the roast beef and brie smammich. :)

Seriously, now that I have a few Jim Beam and Diet Cokes in me, I sooooo need one of those sandwiches...what's the number for room service? ;)

Woo hoo!! Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear...if I could change one thing about myself it would be my picky palate! LOL

I hear you on wanted to the room service number now...I've had a couple glasses of wine and could use a nice grilled sandwich!

I too am a fan of the tuna on english muffin - love it as a snack or meal - esp with the chips on the side - I think it is like a comfort food for me - reminds me of my favorite childhood lunch food!.....(and also the fact that I don't think it's made w/low fat mayo - and I can't feel guilty about that cuz I didn't make it! :) )

The creamy tuna on english muffin is from the room service menu. That is one that I order at night but its not all that and its not all that creamy.

The Grilled Tuna on white with extra tomatoes at the deli is very good.

But I too haven't heard anyone write about it on here, most people talk about the other sandwich like the roast beef one on brie.

Fred

(and also the fact that I don't think it's made w/low fat mayo - and I can't feel guilty about that cuz I didn't make it! :) )

Isn't that like the 'airline food calories don't count 'cause they're in the air' thing? You can't feel guilty because the calories at sea don't count? :D Yeah yeah, that's it. :D

I too am guilty of giving my thumbs up in the past for the room service tuna/muffin. At about 3 am it was (ok, seemed) like the best thing I had eaten all day. Though on our last cruise I ordered it once during the day and wondered why I thought that before.

I think it has a lot to due with your hunger level, and "state of mind"... :D

Tom

I've been back from my cruise on The Victory for a few weeks, and I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of the creamy tuna. After reading so much about it on this board, I couldn't wait to try it and I must say I was very disappointed. It was dark tuna with mayo, absolutely nothing special. I use solid white tuna and I must say my tuna salad is much tastier.

Seriously cruising is not about "creamy tuna". Move on already

Archived