Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just saw 14 night Alaska cruise for $979. Great buy if someone can take advantage of last minute deals.

The 14 night one is the Norwegian Sun. There are other discounts like the coral princess but not as good and only for 7 nights.

This seems to be the price for 2 people.

The solo price (Inside) comes to $1500 odd.

Date July 6th to 20th

Unfortunately the site that supposedly shows solo pricing is not always accurate and you have to do a pretend booking to get the true price.

These cabins are being advertised and they are going quickly. I got my Alaska cruise this past weekend with a balcony and the next 7 days on Monday.

Then I saw on a couple of sites it being advertised as a 14 night while other sites had it broken down to 2 7 days cruises.

I have been reprimanded by CC for too much info.

For solos wanting to do a world cruise, 2016 might be the year. Both Cunard and HAL have lowered prices on insides and ocean views. HAL has also reduced the single supplement to 125% for these cabins.

Looking forward to retirement!!

Only 15 years to go!

Edited by denatravels

This seems to be the price for 2 people.

The solo price (Inside) comes to $1500 odd.

Date July 6th to 20th

Unfortunately the site that supposedly shows solo pricing is not always accurate and you have to do a pretend booking to get the true price.

Book it as two 7-days instead of one 14-day to save money.

Using the cruise line's site for upcoming Norwegian Sun, all solo insides:

7-day northbound leaving June 22nd: $329

7-day southbound leaving June 29th: $349

14-day RT leaving June 22nd: no longer available, but when I looked earlier, it was way more than doing it as 2 separate bookings

7-day northbound leaving July 6th: $499

7-day southbound leaving July 13th: $838

7-day RT leaving July 6th: $1918 (again, more $$ than piecemeal)

You won't see these prices until you click all the way through. No taxes included in any of these.

Edited by RandoCalrissian

Book it as two 7-days instead of one 14-day to save money.

Using the cruise line's site for upcoming Norwegian Sun, all solo insides:

7-day northbound leaving June 22nd: $329

7-day southbound leaving June 29th: $349

14-day RT leaving June 22nd: no longer available, but when I looked earlier, it was way more than doing it as 2 separate bookings

7-day northbound leaving July 6th: $499

7-day southbound leaving July 13th: $838

7-day RT leaving July 6th: $1918 (again, more $$ than piecemeal)

You won't see these prices until you click all the way through. No taxes included in any of these.

Thank you for pointing this out. 2 - 7 days B2B being cheaper.

Cannot book these dates but interested to see what prices are available

Thank you for pointing this out. 2 - 7 days B2B being cheaper.

I've noticed that Norwegian isn't alone in having different prices in their "constructed" B2B vs. doing it yourself. Holland America definitely does it. Others probably do also, I just don't remember specifics right now.

I always check prices both ways. Sometimes the cruise-constructed long cruise is cheaper, sometimes doing it as multiple bookings is cheaper. If there's a rule to predict which is cheaper, I haven't figured it out yet.

<sigh> I'm looking for a cruise to the Caribbean, leaving from Florida (I'm in Ohio) and am flexible to go late Sept, Oct, or Nov, but am getting frustrated trying to find something that's not going to gouge me as a solo traveler. :(Someone had posted before that Carnival told them they would be offering good solo rates in July, so that's what I'm hoping for. Other than this, I'm looking at Apple Vacations for just an all-inclusive resort. <sigh> Anybody have any thoughts or advise?

Maggie

<sigh> I'm looking for a cruise to the Caribbean, leaving from Florida (I'm in Ohio) and am flexible to go late Sept, Oct, or Nov, but am getting frustrated trying to find something that's not going to gouge me as a solo traveler. :(Someone had posted before that Carnival told them they would be offering good solo rates in July, so that's what I'm hoping for. Other than this, I'm looking at Apple Vacations for just an all-inclusive resort. <sigh> Anybody have any thoughts or advise?

Maggie

Maggie I got a great deal on a 10 day over Thanksgiving but it's out of NYC not Florida on the NCL Gem

Maggie

Google search for low single supplement cruises. There are lists with many lines and ports. That's how I found my August deal on the Gem.

Maggie

If you're really that flexible, wait until after final payment (60-75 or so days out). I often find really great deals when they're trying to fill up rooms. Granted, airfare is sometimes a challenge, but I've managed to come out way ahead by booking 6-8 weeks before a cruise.

I've noticed that Norwegian isn't alone in having different prices in their "constructed" B2B vs. doing it yourself. Holland America definitely does it. Others probably do also, I just don't remember specifics right now.

I always check prices both ways. Sometimes the cruise-constructed long cruise is cheaper, sometimes doing it as multiple bookings is cheaper. If there's a rule to predict which is cheaper, I haven't figured it out yet.

This is just a guess, but I think it may have to do with the availability of certain cabins for 2 weeks in a row. When you book two separate 1 week trips this gives them the chance to change rooms on you between cruises, if you book a 14 day cruise you lock down a cabin for that time period.

It is just a guess, but i am sure that i know what the cruise lines would prefer on their more popular trips.

<sigh> I'm looking for a cruise to the Caribbean, leaving from Florida (I'm in Ohio) and am flexible to go late Sept, Oct, or Nov, but am getting frustrated trying to find something that's not going to gouge me as a solo traveler.Maggie

Maggie, The MSC Divina comes back to Miami in November for seven night cruises . The lowest single price I found for them was Dec 5th- $716 for an inside cabin. If November is the latest for you, they have a few dates for $857. I cruised them last year and intend to go again this year. I even started a review, but, sadly never finished it. If you want to see some pics of the ship, the (partial) review is in my signature. :)