Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Couldn't resist the 21 day Norwegian Epic sailing 11/27/16. $1500 total in a studio. Great itinerary.

Sun Barcelona, Spain

Mon At Sea------

Tue Tangier, Morocco

Wed At Sea------

Thu Las Palmas, Canary Islands

Fri Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands

Sat Funchal, Madeira

Sun At Sea------

Mon Granada (Malaga), Spain

Tue At Sea------

Wed Barcelona, Spain

Thu At Sea------

Fri Cagliari, Sardinia

Sat At Sea------

Sun Messina (Sicily), Italy

Mon At Sea------

Tue Naples, Italy

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Thu Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Fri At Sea--

Sat Palma, Majorca, Spain

Sun Barcelona, Spain

Edited by Caribbean King1

The 2016 TA sounds good, I will check it out.

Very good deal for Alaska Grand Pricess 7 nights $900 but leaves from Anchorage and arrives Vancouver, BC June 27,2015, July 1, 2015. FYI

Edited by 1jazzylady
Spelling

Couldn't resist the 21 day Norwegian Epic sailing 11/27/16. $1500 total in a studio. Great itinerary....

Do you mind telling how you came across this price/itinerary? At NCL's site? Elsewhere? I looked at the only place I know of that specifically lists "Singles Discounts" (the one with vacations and togo in its name) and this cruise is not shown. Google not much help either (at least, to me).

I am at the point in my travels where I have cruised to the parts of the world in which I have an interest and, being a senior solo with a limited budget, now look for great prices going places I would not have otherwise considered.

For example, HAL had some amazing deals (in my opinion) on their Feb 2015 Rotterdam 33/49 day cruises between Singapore & London (no solo charge, $61-72/night). So, now I am keeping an eye on this ship for their 2016 sailings in case history repeats itself.

Any other ways to find good deals (besides this thread)?

Thanks for taking the time to reply but not quite the info I was looking for. I had no problem locating this specific cruise at the NCL site. My question relates to how you came across this sailing in the first place. Just shopping around for Med cruises and saw the price? Knew Epic was one of few ships with solo Studio cabins and searched for same? On some NCL email list specific to solo cruisers?

I suspect there is no "magic bullet" website where you can find all the solo cruise prices in one convenient location. If there was, then it would have been mentioned here long, long ago, I'm sure.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

Oh,I misunderstood what you were asking. I normally just check the various websites individually. Since I have status with several cruise lines,its easier for me to see the lowest rate based on my perks.

One thing nice about some of the cruise sites is they allow you to enter in 1 traveler, which helps show the cheapest rates for solo cruisers. I wish they would all do this.

There are third party sites out there that people use,but board rules doesn't allow us to share those.

Edited by Caribbean King1

Norwegian Epic

October 18, 2015

7-night

Iberian Pennisula (London/Southampton to Barcelona)

studio cabin $479 (total $640.21 with taxes/fees)

---------------------------------------------------

Norwegian Epic

September 20, 2015

6-night

Iberian Pennisula (Barcelona to Southampton)

studio cabin $479 (total $564.82 with taxes/fees)

Edited by logan25

Seabourn has a solo promotional rate on the Quest, 15 day transat, Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona, March 31, 2017. Cat is SA gty. This category is not shown on their website you would need to ask your travel agent. Its a great price for those of us who plan way ahead!

Claudia

Any other ways to find good deals (besides this thread)?

In addition to the well-known travel agent with the solo lists you mentioned (which I also frequent), I use cruiseplum to help find cheap solo deals.

(I checked the rules, and since it's not a travel agent or a commercial site, I think it's ok to mention)

The biggest feature for me is the searchable pricing for one person in a cabin and the ability to sort by price-per-day.

On the downside, it doesn't handle previous cruiser or residency discounts and it doesn't have as many lines as other sites. Also since they don't book cruises or recommend TAs, it adds another step to the deal search.

In addition to the well-known travel agent with the solo lists you mentioned (which I also frequent), I use cruiseplum to help find cheap solo deals.

(I checked the rules, and since it's not a travel agent or a commercial site, I think it's ok to mention)

The biggest feature for me is the searchable pricing for one person in a cabin and the ability to sort by price-per-day.

On the downside, it doesn't handle previous cruiser or residency discounts and it doesn't have as many lines as other sites. Also since they don't book cruises or recommend TAs, it adds another step to the deal search.

Are you sure its "cruiseplum"? I searched the internet for that word, nothing really came out.

Oh,I misunderstood what you were asking. I normally just check the various websites individually. Since I have status with several cruise lines,its easier for me to see the lowest rate based on my perks.

One thing nice about some of the cruise sites is they allow you to enter in 1 traveler, which helps show the cheapest rates for solo cruisers. I wish they would all do this.

There are third party sites out there that people use,but board rules doesn't allow us to share those.

The 1 person selection does not always work, I have seen search results that don't show the proper solo rate till you go into the specific cruise it is due to the way pricings at each level gets cached/updated.

Thanks so much for the cruiseplum recommendation! Excellent website! I will use it often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone just take a cruise because you have the time off of work and the price is right but you really have no interest in the ports?

Rccl and NCL both have Bahamas 7 days under 950, but I have been to the Bahamas more than once.

One cruise is 6/26 the other 8/15. Maybe do one and do a land trip to Toronto or someplace

Anyone just take a cruise because you have the time off of work and the price is right but you really have no interest in the ports?

Rccl and NCL both have Bahamas 7 days under 950, but I have been to the Bahamas more than once.

One cruise is 6/26 the other 8/15. Maybe do one and do a land trip to Toronto or someplace

I did that with Caribbean cruises the last 2 summers, one on the Getaway and one on the Oasis. On the Getaway cruise I never even got off the ship the entire week. I had a great and very relaxing time on both cruises. Go for it! :)