Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

You have to watch availability as well as prices.

If there are drops inside final window capacity can change quickly.

You also get all the gty needing cabins so it can look like plenty but not really.

Roll calls can give clues when the upsells start and gty allocations happen.

I was watching princess in Europe fire/flash sale Thurs on insides/balconies for 2 trips in may not a lot left Friday night. One sold out 3weeks to go.

Bottom price 25% up on last year.

Edited by insidecabin

Anyone ready to go this weekend???? NCL Breakaway inside solo leaving on 26 April for $549 plus tax. Total $752 and you get a $25 OBC.

Got a solo balcony with UBP for $950 on Breakaway this weekend....love my PCC!

Got a solo balcony with UBP for $950 on Breakaway this weekend....love my PCC!

Congrats! How did you work about packing, last minute plans etc..

I am planning on taking off 3rd week in October, and then getting a last minute deal if there is one. Have pre and post cruise hotels already and will pack in September. If I don't go I have fall back plans but think I will gamble as I got similar pricing the last 2 years

I scrambled, Howard. Biggest issue was dog sitting since my son was unavailable both weekends. Packing easy, but I do feel less prepared (minimal research done) since Bermuda is new to me. I probably should have checked the forecast, since Bermuda will be colder than NY. But, ultimate indulgence with UDP and UBP....thinking of spa pass due to weather....what do u think?

Princess has low single supplements on its Med cruises on the Island Princess:

Grand Mediterranean

12 Days From Barcelona, Spain to Venice, Italy

Island Princess®

2015: Jun 15, 27 $1,499Interior

$1,624 Oceanview

$2,249 Balcony

This is my first post and I am very glad to have found this thread. I can even contribute something before I start my questions!

Crystal is advertising special fares for solo travelers if the cruise is booked by 30 June.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/OfferDetail.aspx?OG=199&intcmp=10000-OTHMB199&pos=O18&pgid=OFFERMAIN-*

Do single supplements ever get reduced closer to sailing? The Baltic trip departing 16 August only has a 16% supplement for a window cabin, but much higher for balcony. What do you think the odds are that the balcony supplement will be reduced closer to 30 June? (Mods, feel free to move this post if the questions are wrong for this thread.)

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can provide!

This is my first post and I am very glad to have found this thread. I can even contribute something before I start my questions!

Crystal is advertising special fares for solo travelers if the cruise is booked by 30 June.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/OfferDetail.aspx?OG=199&intcmp=10000-OTHMB199&pos=O18&pgid=OFFERMAIN-*

Do single supplements ever get reduced closer to sailing? The Baltic trip departing 16 August only has a 16% supplement for a window cabin, but much higher for balcony. What do you think the odds are that the balcony supplement will be reduced closer to 30 June? (Mods, feel free to move this post if the questions are wrong for this thread.)

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can provide!

Prices and the amount of the single supplement varies due to supply & demand. If there is more unsold inventory of one category of cabin the price or single support. will come down more for that category. Seems like the Balcony rooms have been selling faster than the Oceanviews on this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is priced by supply and demand

If the dbl price comes down the solo price does as well. The surcharge may still be 200%, but the final price can perceived as a reduction on the supplement

Came across some really great deals for RCI Quantum of the Seas repo cruises this month.

If I remember right, May 13 - Barcelona to Dubai, 16 nights for $1686 for solo inside (25% more than double rate)

and May 29, 14 nights, Dubai to Singapore, $1998 solo inside (same 25% more mover double)

If I only had the vacation time. On the May 13 cruise, the Suez Canal would be an experience, along with going in port in Jordan.:D

rates include port charges but not govmt taxes and fees.

Came across some really great deals for RCI Quantum of the Seas repo cruises this month.

If I remember right, May 13 - Barcelona to Dubai, 16 nights for $1686 for solo inside (25% more than double rate)

and May 29, 14 nights, Dubai to Singapore, $1998 solo inside (same 25% more mover double)

If I only had the vacation time. On the May 13 cruise, the Suez Canal would be an experience, along with going in port in Jordan.:D

rates include port charges but not govmt taxes and fees.

For 2 pax rate is MUCH MUCH cheaper through a EU seller I priced it at around €1500pp(810+644) for both trips and that includes taxes.

Solo this is €2000 (€953+€1026(ov) ) so about $2260 inc.

ON the first leg the US is $1672 inc taxes SI grade. second is $2071 in taxes $3743inc

Edited by insidecabin

Thanks so much for your post. I booked a balcony on the Island Princess for July 9 from Venice to Barcelona at a wonderful rate (2,206 total CAD, with a 200 USD OBC). Oceanview is a little less but no OBC. I'm thrilled to have a balcony, always had OV.

Kat

Princess has low single supplements on its Med cruises on the Island Princess:

Grand Mediterranean

12 Days From Barcelona, Spain to Venice, Italy

Island Princess®

2015: Jun 15, 27 $1,499Interior

$1,624 Oceanview

$2,249 Balcony

Hey Soloers,

Am I spoiled? I've booked two 7-night cruises in the past with a balcony and paid less $1,300 including taxes/fees for each + OBC/Free Spa Treatment.

RCI is having a sale now and I desperately want to book to get my 'perks' but they're asking $2,000+ for a balcony cabin! The thought turns my stomach. >.<

Hi, My name is Kendra,from Illinois. Looking for a fall cruise,12 days or longer,or a back to back cruise. If anyone comes across any of these cruises with low single supplements,please let me know. I usually book inside cabins. I have been on HAL,Princess,Carnival,RCCL,Norwegian and MSC cruises. Thanks for any info. Kendra

Hi, My name is Kendra,from Illinois. Looking for a fall cruise,12 days or longer,or a back to back cruise. If anyone comes across any of these cruises with low single supplements,please let me know. I usually book inside cabins. I have been on HAL,Princess,Carnival,RCCL,Norwegian and MSC cruises. Thanks for any info. Kendra

CARNIVAL JOURNEYS - 11 DAY TO EASTERN CARIBBEAN

Carnival Dream - Sailing Date: Oct 04, 2015

$998 + taxes - Interior - Solo

Aboard: Carnival Dream

Sails to: Nassau, The Bahamas; Bermuda; St. Maarten, NA; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Start: New Orleans, LA

Finish: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Carnival Journeys - 10 Day Eastern Caribbean

Oct. 15, 2015

$958 + taxes - Interior - Solo

Aboard: Carnival Dream

Sails to: St. Thomas, USVI; St Kitts, WI; St. Maarten, NA; Grand Turk; Falmouth, Jamaica; New Orleans, LA

Start: San Juan, PR

Finish: New Orleans, LA

I really want to get to Diamond status so I'm racking up rooms on RCI even though Carnival is cheaper. Eventually getting to the balcony discount I think will make this worth it.

Anyway -

Royal INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - 9 NIGHT, 10 DAY TO W CARIBBEAN

2 B2B - March 26-31 & 31-Apr 4

Ports - Cozumel, Belize

Sailing Date: Mar 26 - Apr 4, 2016

Interior - INC taxes/fees + solo supp - $1,611*

*Note this is for Category L which is the highest floor (deck 10) available. I priced it at $1,500 inc for lower decks.

I really want to get to Diamond status so I'm racking up rooms on RCI even though Carnival is cheaper. Eventually getting to the balcony discount I think will make this worth it.

Anyway -

Royal INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - 9 NIGHT, 10 DAY TO W CARIBBEAN

2 B2B - March 26-31 & 31-Apr 4

Ports - Cozumel, Belize

Sailing Date: Mar 26 - Apr 4, 2016

Interior - INC taxes/fees + solo supp - $1,611*

*Note this is for Category L which is the highest floor (deck 10) available. I priced it at $1,500 inc for lower decks.

June 21 Freedom, JS, $2,300, price includes $170 D+ discount

21 points

GGG sale

June 21 Freedom, JS, $2,300, price includes $170 D+ discount

21 points

GGG sale

Great deal - thanks for sharing John&LaLa. Because I was curious I priced it for 2 - it was $1,599. O.O Either way great deal on a JS which is actually cheaper than the Suite Guarantee rate.

Great deal - thanks for sharing John&LaLa. Because I was curious I priced it for 2 - it was $1,599. O.O Either way great deal on a JS which is actually cheaper than the Suite Guarantee rate.

We ended up upgrading our D2 hump to an aft JS. Still getting those dbl points though. I hope. :confused:

NCL Epic in Europe.

The UK pricing has Studios at the same rate as the insides pp on some dates.

Need to search them out NCL does not make pricing Studios easy.

Even if you select show solo rates in searches it still shows the inside rate not the studio.

No idea why but the taxes on this cruise are INCREDIBLY low.

Royal JEWEL OF THE SEAS - 15 NIGHT REPO to ITALY

Ports - Canary Islands, Spain, Gilbratar

Sailing Date: Apr 28 - May 13, 2016

Oceanview Guarantee (H) - INC taxes/fees + solo supp - $1,694*

*Deck 4

The only reason I haven't booked is that it looks like flights back from Rome are $1,500-$2,000 one-way (if you want the trip to take 3 days or less), which defeats the purpose of that discount. >.<

No idea why but the taxes on this cruise are INCREDIBLY low.

Royal JEWEL OF THE SEAS - 15 NIGHT REPO to ITALY

Ports - Canary Islands, Spain, Gilbratar

Sailing Date: Apr 28 - May 13, 2016

Oceanview Guarantee (H) - INC taxes/fees + solo supp - $1,694*

*Deck 4

The only reason I haven't booked is that it looks like flights back from Rome are $1,500-$2,000 one-way (if you want the trip to take 3 days or less), which defeats the purpose of that discount. >.<

Did you price out choice air