Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

While they will adjust the price before final payment or give you a possible upgrade after final payment......the Best price guarantee policy is just good for 48 hours after you make the booking.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee

Our price is the best price

If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:

Re-price your cruise at the lower price

Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee

Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

While they will adjust the price before final payment or give you a possible upgrade after final payment......the Best price guarantee policy is just good for 48 hours after you make the booking.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee

Our price is the best price

If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:

Re-price your cruise at the lower price

Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee

Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

OK I guess I missed the fine print.

Hi Sandra,

Yes, even with Google Translate, the site is quite a struggle.

My biggest issue was that the site only offered me the option of paying 100% now. I paused at that point. Translating that page, it said I was already booked. Sure enough, I received an email confirming the booking with the (translated) caveat that my booking would be cancelled if I had not paid in full 60 days before departure. I have emailed the Brazilian office, in English, asking how I can pay a deposit.

For the best bargains, nothing is straightforward. One has to try though. I booked two suites, one for me and one for my mother. These have not reappeared on the bookable inventory online so I assume we are truly booked.

This cruise is already interesting. Plus Caracas? I have never even met anyone who has been there, AFAIK.

Were you able to confirm your booking? And what was the deposit? I had briefly looked on my phone when I saw your posting and the transatlantic was showing but now a couple days later I am at home on my computer and it is no longer there. This sounds like a great deal!

Were you able to confirm your booking? And what was the deposit? I had briefly looked on my phone when I saw your posting and the transatlantic was showing but now a couple days later I am at home on my computer and it is no longer there. This sounds like a great deal!

I had a reply saying my booking had been automatically cancelled because I had not supplied credit card details. I have waited for the cabins I chose to be returned to the for sale inventory, checking every day, but they haven't. Eventually, I tried to book two other cabins and received an error - possibly because the system thinks the same people are already booked. I will wait and see.

Finally a decent solo price on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 RCCL Liberty, less than $100 per day + double points and if you get have shareholder discount you get $200 OBC:

Pricing Summary

Passenger Fare Taxes/Fees Total

#1) $773.00 $200.71 $973.71 USD

Subtotal: $773.00 $200.71 $973.71 USD

Grand Total:

Cruise Itinerary

Vendor: Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International logo Liberty Of The Seas

Ship: Liberty Of The Seas

Itinerary: 10 NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE

Cabin: Interior Stateroom Guarantee #GTY (Z)

Deck: To Be Assigned

Departing:

From Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne), New Jersey

on Wednesday, May 6, 2015

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Wed May 6 Bayonne, NJ 7:00pm

Thu May 7 At Sea

Fri May 8 King's Wharf, Bermuda 7:00pm

Sat May 9 King's Wharf, Bermuda 4:00pm

Sun May 10 At Sea

Mon May 11 St. Maarten 1:00pm 8:00pm

Tue May 12 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00am 1:00pm

Wed May 13 Labadee, Haiti 8:00am 4:00pm

Thu May 14 At Sea

Fri May 15 At Sea

Sat May 16 Bayonne, NJ 7:00am

The 12 day Vision of the Seas sailings from Barcelona in July/August were cut by 60%+ last night for solos in inside/oceanviews. This is the cheapest one of all of them below, but you could go B2B for two months from July 3 through Sept 1 for no more than $125/day (some are cheaper, and this incl tax/tips) for an inside or no more than $147/day for an OV. The June 9th also has similar pricing.

12 day cruise on the Vision Of The Seas (Royal Caribbean)
Departs from Barcelona, Spain on Thu Aug 20 2015
Returns to Barcelona, Spain on Tue Sep 01 2015

Pricing for 1 person

Inside  Oceanview  Suite

Base fare:  $959  $1,399  $6,301
Taxes / Port charges:  $140  $140  $140
Tips, as suggested by cruise line:  $144  $144  $171
Total:  $1,243  $1,683  $6,612
Per day total (incl. tax and tips):  $104  $140  $551

The 12 day Vision of the Seas sailings from Barcelona in July/August were cut by 60%+ last night for solos in inside/oceanviews.

Also, the Aug 8th sailing has a jr suite for $2249++ on the RCCL site, with a guarantee rate more than double that, so it may not hang around for long.

THIS 2016 TRANSATLANTIC IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE SAME LOW NO SOLO COSTS

This is one for the repo purists....

No solo supplements across all accommodation categories from insides to suites on the ex-Celebrity, now Croisières de France, Zenith on her repositioning from Venezuela to France, 29th March 2016 over two weeks.

The Zenith was refurbished in 2013 and her transfer to CDF by parent Royal Caribbean means there should be a French influence in decor, service, food and drinks.

Go to: http://www.pullmantur.com.br

Click the ‘RESERVAR’ tab

Under ‘Mes’ choose ‘Marco 2016’

Under ‘Navio’ choose ‘Zenith’.

Do not choose any other options as this cruise will not appear.

Select the 14-night itinerary La Guaira-Marseille

Select one person and your age.

On the next page, you can add one of the all-inclusive drinks packages from £15/$22.50 per night.

There are currently 4.54 Brazilian Reals to the pound. The top Junior suite with balcony works out around £800/$1200 including taxes and all-inclusive drinks package for 14 nights, SOLO OCCUPANCY! Lower categories of cabin are not as good value but are cheaper.

There is a link in my signature for the roll call, should you decide to join me.

I am in the USA, so I booked on this one for 17 nights, not 14, starting in Panama. There are a lots of choices. Balconies, verandas, insides, etc. even the Junior Suite with Balcony, as above. Just follow the Skipper's instructions. Boa sorte. ;)

Edited by Happy Sails 2 U

The Century Singapore to Dubai (March 22) or the Dubai to Singapore (April 5) have been offered as low as $599 for a single inside, $799 for outside. Air from L.A. round trip is about $1400. An Indian visa is needed.

It's 499 inside now

It's now $399. Taxes add about $160

If you join a hosted group trip, you don't have to pay the single supplement...

I'm sailing on my first cruise alone as none of my family and friends could go and I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I'm married and independent type, so I don't need to have my hand held, but my husband didn't want me going just alone on any cruise by myself. So I had to join a "group" to make him feel better about it.

It's a hosted trip, but not a match making romantic singles trip... just for those that are solo travelers that want to travel with like minded individuals.

We are sailing on the Crown Princess on August 15, 2015, and our group cruise has packaged the cruise with 3 shore excursions included so you aren't also in port all alone. Departs from Seattle, visiting Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. The excursions are Mendhall glacier visit and hike, Ketchikan Lumberjack show, Skagway historic downtown tour and shopping, and an optional trip in Victoria to Butchart Gardens for an additional cost.

The price was great even if I'm not matched, but definitely still paying almost double if I want a cabin to myself. So I put myself on the match list and hope that works out ok. Any tips for screening a match?

Any tips please im me.

So they are matching you up with a roommate? Someone you have

never met before?:eek: Or you got the lower price going solo?

Screening? Oh...so it is someone you don't know:eek:...I would get in touch with them (if possible) way before the cruise...what if they smoke?

what if they snore? What if they have a different vision of what a roommate is? What if they are clingy? Just too many what if's for me.

What if they are just not honest?

I have been living on my own for almost my entire life.....I don't share

a clicker even with someone I know here at home...so sharing a cabin

with a stranger? No thanks, not for me:).......been cruising on my own

for 12 years.....it is the only way I cruise:D

Hope things work out for you.

Screening? Oh...so it is someone you don't know:eek:...I would get in touch with them (if possible) way before the cruise...what if they smoke?

what if they snore? What if they have a different vision of what a roommate is? What if they are clingy? Just too many what if's for me.

I have to say I agree, just personal preference. I cannot, in my wildest imagination, imagine sharing a room with a perfect stranger! :eek: What if they do all those things Lois stated above? What if they rob you or attack you in the night?? I"m sorry, I would much rather pay double for a cabin than share with a stranger. Just my opinion but I'd stay home if I couldn't cruise alone. :D I hope you have a great cruise.

Sue

Lois, I agree with both you and Sue. I've been on my own for almost twenty years, and during that time I have shared a cabin three times.....but always with someone I was friends with. Even that was challenging in such tight quarters. No more.....I go solo, or I don't go. I don't want to be an alarmist, but the World is just too crazy right now to share a room with someone you know nothing about. Good luck Phoenix Lady.

Pat

Lois, I agree with both you and Sue. I've been on my own for almost twenty years, and during that time I have shared a cabin three times.....but always with someone I was friends with. Even that was challenging in such tight quarters. No more.....I go solo, or I don't go. I don't want to be an alarmist, but the World is just too crazy right now to share a room with someone you know nothing about. Good luck Phoenix Lady.

Pat

I know we are seriously off topic but still. I like sea days, my husband doesn't. So I take a fair number of cruises on my own: I am a "have laptop can work" while he is heavily involved with conference calls - which does not work.

I have only shared cabins with family and the occasional friend. My college roommate (40years + ago) is a good traveling companion, but I am much more a neatness freak than she is. Couple of other attempts - lost otherwise potentially good friends as traveling with them was insane.

I like my privacy and absolutely would not want to share with a stranger.

FYI - for those booking the CDF ship - you speak French - right? If you don't, you may have a challenge as English is not a required language for their staff. You need a visa for Brazil - even if you are only going from the airport to the ship.

RCCL just opened up the Independence of the Seas for Summer 16 including both spring and fall TAs. 13 and 15 nights - supplement is there, but the prices for an inside are under 800$US. Balconies are ~1000 and C&A discount applies (which puts them about the same price as an inside.

-Holly

on land in Kampala, Uganda. I can see Lake Victoria. Does that count?

If you join a hosted group trip, you don't have to pay the single supplement...

I'm sailing on my first cruise alone as none of my family and friends could go and I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I'm married and independent type, so I don't need to have my hand held, but my husband didn't want me going just alone on any cruise by myself. So I had to join a "group" to make him feel better about it.

It's a hosted trip, but not a match making romantic singles trip... just for those that are solo travelers that want to travel with like minded individuals.

We are sailing on the Crown Princess on August 15, 2015, and our group cruise has packaged the cruise with 3 shore excursions included so you aren't also in port all alone. Departs from Seattle, visiting Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. The excursions are Mendhall glacier visit and hike, Ketchikan Lumberjack show, Skagway historic downtown tour and shopping, and an optional trip in Victoria to Butchart Gardens for an additional cost.

The price was great even if I'm not matched, but definitely still paying almost double if I want a cabin to myself. So I put myself on the match list and hope that works out ok. Any tips for screening a match?

Any tips please im me.

I'm going to agree with others in this forum that you should reconsider a "match'' and pay the extra money. You are paying for a nice vacation and the wrong cabin mate could ruin it for you. If it doesn't work out, you are stuck with that person for the duration of the cruise.

I too am chiming in and agreeing with everyone in the solo conversation. The only person I have shared a cabin with is Mom, and that works out great. I love that you can have some planned excursions and I would definitely go to Buchard Gardens as that place is FABULOUS!! There probably is not time, but High Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria is wonderful as well.

Good news for solos the two newest Royal Ships, Quantum and Anthem have solo balcony cabins that can be had at a very good rate!! I booked the 7 night Bermuda and Boston cruise for next summer.

Have a great year everyone!!

Kathleen

I'm reading all of your posts and am amazed at your savvy! Wish I knew what you all know.

Looking for help with Royal Princess, Sept 21, 10 day caribbean. Balcony. Solo. Right now DD category has me at around $3000 (with insurance, et al). Based on your experiences, what is the likelihood this price will come down before July final payment?

Solo, plus airport shuttles (x4 - home and port), air fare from West coast, dog sitter.... It's another $1000 on too of that.

Anyone have any insight they can offer? And no, I won't do interior room. It's as another poster said, it's a balcony or it's no cruise :)

Edited by registrarln

I'm reading all of your posts and am amazed at your savvy! Wish I knew what you all know.

Looking for help with Royal Princess, Sept 21, 10 day caribbean. Balcony. Solo. Right now DD category has me at around $3000 (with insurance, et al). Based on your experiences, what is the likelihood this price will come down before July final payment?

Solo, plus airport shuttles (x4 - home and port), air fare from West coast, dog sitter.... It's another $1000 on too of that.

Anyone have any insight they can offer? And no, I won't do interior room. It's as another poster said, it's a balcony or it's no cruise :)

Took a look, there isn't much choice if you want to do 10 days. And given airfare is a constant. Were those specifically the ports you wanted? If you are willing to change cruise lines, you could spend less than that doing a B2B in a balcony on the Navigator out of Galveston (two different routes) and get 14 days. You can do the same thing on Carnival and probably NCL. Princess has only that one trip.

-Holly

(Amtrak goes into Houston if you want to get there the slow way....)

On Princess, you will almost always pay 200% for a balcony or above. You may be able to get an inside for between 130% to 200%. If you are paying 200% and the cruise is not selling well, there may be price drops. There's no way to predict that. You can watch the Princess site to see how many cabins are left and it will give you an idea of how well it's selling. The later in fall that you go the likelier it is to get lower prices as it is hurricane season. I got a great price for a 20 day cruise on the Royal in October. It was a brief discount that they put up and took down in a matter of hours. I was just lucky that day. Your best bet is to keep watching prices every day. Also, there are times that Princess allows some big box cruise travel agencies to sell off some cabins at flash sale prices. These prices don't show up on the Princess site, so it's good to check other sites. Flash sales are for new bookings only. Honestly, you never know. A good travel agent might watch for flash sales for you.

By the way, if you are a past Princess cruiser, make sure you log into the Princess site when you check prices. There may be a lower price for past passengers.

Edited by KruzPrincess

... The later in fall that you go the likelier it is to get lower prices as it is hurricane season....

Actually, I don't believe hurricane season is the reason why prices are lower later in the fall. According to http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=146:

"Hurricane season officially runs from June 1 through November 30. Although hurricanes are generally unpredictable, conventional wisdom has dictated that peak season varies by geography. In the Eastern Caribbean and along the U.S. East Coast, the season tends to be busiest between mid-August and mid-September. In the Western Caribbean, it picks up in mid-September and stretches into early November. Early- and late-season hurricanes (June and mid- to late-November respectively) are rare but not unprecedented."

I believe the lower temperatures cause demand to drop, that is, except for Christmas and New Year's sailings, and possibly also Thanksgiving sailings.

Edited by jlajr

Hello again.

Right now, NCL has some pretty attractive rates on upcoming transatlantics and also on the Epic's upcoming European winter season.

For example:

• An inside cabin on the Epic's April 19 14-day combined transatlantic/Europe itinerary is $968 plus fees and tips.
  • A guaranteed inside cabin on the 11-day transatlantic portion is $599 plus fees and tips. I took this cruise three years ago, and I had a blast (see link to my review in my signature).
  • A studio on the Epic's January 3 10-night sailing to the Canary Islands is $709 plus fees and tips.

Also, my gut feeling is that the late-fall, winter, and early-spring rates will drop after final payment dates and closer to the sail dates, given recent past experience.

Edited by jlajr

I booked this cruise last week for $1066.20 (includes port charges and taxes). I'll be in an obstructed ov--inside cabins were $100 less. I just booked my flights using Princess Air so I'm getting excited about the cruise. Next I'll take a look at my roll call.

Originally I was looking at Alaska cruises from mid May through June. Solo pricing was from $1,500-$2,500 on the few cruises I checked out sailing from Vancouver. I was very happy to find the Pacific Coastal cruise even through its earlier then I wanted to travel.

I love looking at everybody's deals. Someday I hope to do one of these TA type cruises.

Faith

Good news for solos the two newest Royal Ships, Quantum and Anthem have solo balcony cabins that can be had at a very good rate!! I booked the 7 night Bermuda and Boston cruise for next summer.

Finally, solo balconies? That's exciting; must check it out!

Finally, solo balconies? That's exciting; must check it out!

I originally booked a solo balcony on the Anthem, but the rooms are somehow oddly connected to regular staterooms. You have to see the map to understand. Anyway it would have been 1900 for a trip to the Bahamas over New Years. I cancelled that trip and am planning something else that time of year on an older ship. After sailing on the Allure, I'll be quite fine with an older ship, but better itinerary.