Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I booked the Mariner yesterday during the WOW sale. Solo inside cabin $584.53 with a $100 onboard credit. Even better, my flights are frequent fliers.

This will be my second RCCL.

Where's the Mariner going to and dates please?

I booked the Mariner yesterday during the WOW sale. Solo inside cabin $584.53 with a $100 onboard credit. Even better, my flights are frequent fliers.

This will be my second RCCL.

how many nights? I just found 135% supplement on RCCL Enchantment of the seas 5 night leaving october 17, 2009

I just booked a single on the Enchantment of the Seas for its Halloween Cruise on 10/31/09, inside guarentee, 5 days , for $297 total. This is only a few dollars more than the double occupancy rate. You just have to stay on top of the rates when they get within 30 days and you can find these bargains. By the way, if you want to have some real fun , you have to try a Halloween Cruise. I have done about 5 of them and they are a blast. You bet your dupa !!! :D

I just booked a single on the Enchantment of the Seas for its Halloween Cruise on 10/31/09, inside guarentee, 5 days , for $297 total. This is only a few dollars more than the double occupancy rate. You just have to stay on top of the rates when they get within 30 days and you can find these bargains. By the way, if you want to have some real fun , you have to try a Halloween Cruise. I have done about 5 of them and they are a blast. You bet your dupa !!! :D

Thats great for you because you live near the port. For those of us on the other side of the coast, the airfares are usually much higher when you book so near the cruise.

Enjoy!!

What's your costume going to be?

Thats great for you because you live near the port. For those of us on the other side of the coast, the airfares are usually much higher when you book so near the cruise.

Enjoy!!

Airfares are really not so bad (at least for me) so I booked this cruise this am. It's 135% single supplement which is pretty good, especially for RCCL. It comes to a little more for me since I don't qualify for the senior discount rate yet.

Edited by cruise pup

I have no more time off from work this year :rolleyes: but for anyone who has the time, NCL has some great bargains on their 7-day Mexico Riviera cruises. Departing from LA with stops in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan.

Price for a SOLO cruiser in an INSIDE cabin on the Norwegian Star is $462 INCLUDING taxes/fees on either 10/24 or 10/31 (November cruises about $50 more). Oceanviews about $100 more. My travel agent is throwing in a tiny OBC of $25 -- guess that's the best you get on such a low fare -- but it'll buy a sailaway drink at least :)

Hey, I haven't posted in a while but have been keeping an eye out for a (rare) solo deal on NCL. November 29 TA on Gem, 13-day, appears to have reduced single supplement.

Inside from 998, Oceanview from 1198, Balcony from 1498 and Suite from 1898. I haven't booked but have to consider!

Anyone from previous Gem TA??? Hope all of you are well.

Hey, I haven't posted in a while but have been keeping an eye out for a (rare) solo deal on NCL. November 29 TA on Gem, 13-day, appears to have reduced single supplement.

Inside from 998, Oceanview from 1198, Balcony from 1498 and Suite from 1898. I haven't booked but have to consider!

Hey Dyan !!

So nice to see you here again !! :)

Thanks for posting this deal. Although not as good as those 2 years ago, worth considering. However, I am on the Voyager of the Seas that leaves Barcelona the same day. I deflected to Royal Caribbean after a so-so sailing on the Norwegian Jewel TA this spring - fellow passengers were great though - as always. Also, the single rates on the West Coast RCI sailings have been fantastic.

My solo rate on the Voyager wasn't as good as those posted last year, it was about $1000 on a Tuesday Sales Event last week. I also have many friends on the Barcelona to Galveston route.

So nice to see you and still sorry we didn't share the seas on the Norwegian Sun last September. :-(

I hope that all is well with you and everyone on this thread !!!

Take Care Everyone !! :)

Enjoy!!

Hey Sassy,

Let's hope for some more great single rates on the Mariner and Radiance of the Seas this winter and spring. The San Pedro and San Diego sailings have been very good about 1 to 2 months before sailing. I've posted some of the best ones that I've found and will look for more !! :)

Happy Haloween !!! Booooooooooo !!

I am thinking about this trip, too, but am confused. Isn't this exactly 200% of the standard rate?:confused: I guess I don't even know what exactly a single supplement is.

I am thinking about this trip, too, but am confused. Isn't this exactly 200% of the standard rate?:confused: I guess I don't even know what exactly a single supplement is.

It looks to me like it's 200% of a reduced rate for this cruise. A 13 night t/a for under $1,000. is very good. I just sailed on the Jewel t/a and paid $890. but that was when I booked last January. This close to sailing time it was $2,400. So I would have to say this is good value even if they want 200%. It's the same price for 1 week Bermuda cruise on the Dawn.

It looks like Royal Caribbean will be offering a 150% rate on the Voyager of the Seas Transatlantic, Barcelona to Galveston, on November 29, 2009, during their Tuesday Sales Event for new bookings only. I booked it 2 weeks ago and a Single Outside Cabin came to $1040.32 including taxes.

Here is a link that includes a lot of other sailings in addition to the TA:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Happy Travels !!

I just got back from Vegas so I can't go (drat!), but for any solo Texans out there, there's a 5-night Mexico from San Diego on Radiance of the Seas 11/16/09, X BALCONY Guarantee $654 + 59.74 fees = $713.74. That's $143/nt. I tried it without the state and with CA and it came up $850+.

I just got back from Vegas so I can't go (drat!), but for any solo Texans out there, there's a 5-night Mexico from San Diego on Radiance of the Seas 11/16/09, X BALCONY Guarantee $654 + 59.74 fees = $713.74. That's $143/nt. I tried it without the state and with CA and it came up $850+.

We just got back from Vegas too. LOVED IT! I'm sailing on the Radiance next month, solo, in an inside, category N for $374 total. When I originally booked, I booked a guarantee, but then the prices fell more, and I upgraded a few decks for $9. I like the location of Deck 4. I booked this in September for Nov. 7. At the time I could have gotten a balcony for $481 with my platinum discount of $50 off. These totals are for NO resident or senior specials. The prices have gone up a bit. Still some great deals to be had for the MR out of SD and LA.

Marie

I just booked four night NCL Bahamas cruise November 9, 2009. Superior inside including taxes and fees $547.00. They also had guarantee window for $687.00. They had other dates as well...but I am getting off a 7 day solo in a Carnival 1a on the Carnival Valor on November 8,th 2009 and this date worked perfectly with my schedule.... so its almost back to back solos.......

How do you go about finding a cruise with a good deal on a single supplement? Do you use a travel agent or go directly to the cruise lines?

Basically you look everywhere online, however, bargains posted on this thread must be ones that are offered on cruise lines' websites.

It looks like Royal Caribbean will be offering a 150% rate on the Voyager of the Seas Transatlantic, Barcelona to Galveston, on November 29, 2009, during their Tuesday Sales Event for new bookings only. I booked it 2 weeks ago and a Single Outside Cabin came to $1040.32 including taxes.

Happy Travels !!

TA's used to be bargains, but that sounds steep priced to me. What is your airfare going to cost you on top of that?

I deflected to Royal Caribbean after a so-so sailing on the Norwegian Jewel TA this spring - fellow passengers were great though - as always.

Sorry to hear that. I took the t/a last month on NCL Jewel and except for the weather, which isn't the cruise line's fault, it was an excellent cruise. Hope you don't give up on them altogether. But I too have gone over to RCCL for the moment since their single rates have gone down so. And they used to be the worst for singles.

Happy Travels !!

TA's used to be bargains, but that sounds steep priced to me. What is your airfare going to cost you on top of that?

The above rate is pretty much par for the TA's this season, at least the ones that I've been considering with Royal Caribbean. As always, feel free to post any better bargains that you find.

Sorry to hear that. I took the t/a last month on NCL Jewel and except for the weather, which isn't the cruise line's fault, it was an excellent cruise. Hope you don't give up on them altogether. But I too have gone over to RCCL for the moment since their single rates have gone down so. And they used to be the worst for singles.

Hey cruise pup,

Glad that all worked out for you on the TA. :) I had several issues that I'd not experienced with NCL in the past and am sure that they were most likely isolated ones. Royal Caribbean has been treating me very well lately, so, NCL would have to offer some competative fares to get me to book them. Sounds like you undertand !! Happy sailing and thanks for posting the solo bargains. :)