Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I know it's through the cruiselines themselves, but do you have to search every itinerary and sailing, or will a cruise consultant-type person from the cruiseline find them for you if you ask?

elycelynne,

I honestly do not remember where/how I found my good deal. I am on the e-mailing lists for lots of cruiselines and travel agencies, who constantly send me their "deals." I think I got a whiff of my upcoming cruise while looking at possibly vacationing in Hawaii in early March. Coming across this cruise changed my plans. I booked it through an online travel agent, because it offered a perk of 10K airline miles, which was the best perk for me, since I'm obliterating all my miles for flights for this cruise!

So, no I did no inquiries to anyone. Whenever I know that I am ready to go on a cruise, I start reading those e-mails and look at lots of different websites.

Just sign up to be on travel e-mail lists, and watch the deals show up!:)

elycelynne,

I honestly do not remember where/how I found my good deal. I am on the e-mailing lists for lots of cruiselines and travel agencies, who constantly send me their "deals." I think I got a whiff of my upcoming cruise while looking at possibly vacationing in Hawaii in early March. Coming across this cruise changed my plans. I booked it through an online travel agent, because it offered a perk of 10K airline miles, which was the best perk for me, since I'm obliterating all my miles for flights for this cruise!

So, no I did no inquiries to anyone. Whenever I know that I am ready to go on a cruise, I start reading those e-mails and look at lots of different websites.

Just sign up to be on travel e-mail lists, and watch the deals show up!:)

Do you buy your r.t. air from the same people as well?

Yellowbird,

Sort of...but not directly.

The travel agency is affiliated with the airline (Delta Skymiles Cruises), but I booked my flights using my Skymiles, because the air fares were pretty high, so I decided to burn my miles instead.

Are you thinking of going on this cruise??? I'd love to see you onboard!

This came out today...

NCL is offering Studio Cabins on the Norwegian Epic for sailings in Sept, Oct, and Nov 2010 for just 362 per week.

If you go to NCL's website and price the cruise through the booking engine, the reduced pricing comes up when you get to the "select a cabin" page.

This came out today...

NCL is offering Studio Cabins on the Norwegian Epic for sailings in Sept, Oct, and Nov 2010 for just 362 per week.

If you go to NCL's website and price the cruise through the booking engine, the reduced pricing comes up when you get to the "select a cabin" page.

Thanks for the find. I put a cabin on hold for 10/16 Western Itinerary.

Spirit Airlines has good rates to FLL ( albeit not MIA) for $225 from L.A.

Just yesterday i was pricing the studios out for $965.

When i saw your post, i thought the rate was PP. WOW.

My $500 Cruise Rewards will more than cover the fare. I wonder if it will also cover the insurance to make up for the difference.

I have a feeling i will be getting a call from NCL in the morning.

This came out today...

I should have said yesterday...the pricing mentioned above is for solo travelers....the pricing listed in the booking engine will come up higher until you enter the "select a cabin" page...then you will see the reduced pricing.

I had booked this sailing earlier because it had a 150% single supplement it was priced at 974. I almost fell over when NCL called yesterday to tell me that there was a price drop of over 600!

Fantastic deal...

I should have said yesterday...the pricing mentioned above is for solo travelers....the pricing listed in the booking engine will come up higher until you enter the "select a cabin" page...then you will see the reduced pricing.

I had booked this sailing earlier because it had a 150% single supplement it was priced at 974. I almost fell over when NCL called yesterday to tell me that there was a price drop of over 600!

Fantastic deal...

Thanks, your post made me put studios for 9/25 and 10/16 cabins on hold, traveling solo. Have only cruised NCL once and did not like it compared to RCL and Celebrity. But the solo studio price was only $464 and deposit was only $125.

Any others doing a solo studio, that can make me feel this was a good choice?

Which NCL trip did u do previously?

As you can see i also booked, so i think price is great!

I booked through a TA and also got $100 OBC and a bottle of wine.

But i am also an NCL fan. I would probably not cruise RCL again and i haven't tried Celebrity yet. I feel so relaxed on NCL.

I am bummed that CC doesnt have the EPIC for the countdown clocks yet. I tried to put one up and ship wasn't listed.

Edited by CaliforniaDreamer

Fantastic deal...

You're right this is an awesome deal! I'm an RCCL fan and have only sailed NCL once years ago....but for less than $500 solo, I CAN'T RESIST! I also just put a studio on hold for a Nov sailing.

I also see the studio is on sale for the Epic TA on June 24 from London to NYC. I priced it out at $830 total. It is a 7 day and looks like a great group from CC is going and there is a Madhatters website with lots of info.

Too much planning for me to handle so i will stick with the 10/16.

Looks like so much great stuff to do on that ship, maybe a B2B is in order.

I did notice though, it is cheaper to book each cruise individually than to book it as a 14 day.

I just booked a Nov 10 transatlantic on QM2 for very little more than

one person would pay for an inside cabin. Don't know why they offered it

since going eastbound the week before was SS double the pp price.

Feeling lucky. Guess it helps to keep checking

I also see the studio is on sale for the Epic TA on June 24 from London to NYC. I priced it out at $830 total. It is a 7 day and looks like a great group from CC is going and there is a Madhatters website with lots of info.

Too much planning for me to handle so i will stick with the 10/16.

Looks like so much great stuff to do on that ship, maybe a B2B is in order.

I did notice though, it is cheaper to book each cruise individually than to book it as a 14 day.

That is a good price for the t/a but I paid about the same for the Jewel's t/a last September which was a 12 night cruise and visited ports. Since the Epic t/a makes no stops it wouldn't pay to fly all the way to the UK just to board the ship and sail back. Adding a week's stay would then make the voyage too expensive. Plus, I have issues about sailing on ship when it is brand new. There are invariably things that won't work properly plus the crew is not broken in yet. This is a new class of ship so no one has had experience with it yet. And a ship this large will probably mean that a number of staff willl be novices. I'd rather let them have some cruises under their belt before I try it out. When I took the Gem it had already done a season in Europe and the Caribbean and things were still not running smoothly.

So I have booked the 11/27 sailing. Thanks, SeaShark for letting us in on this amazing deal.

Hi cruisepup:) not sure where you are staying in San Juan but if you

are interested, some of us are having dinner at Barrachina's in Isle Verde

Friday night. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome.

7:30.

Hi cruisepup:) not sure where you are staying in San Juan but if you

are interested, some of us are having dinner at Barrachina's in Isle Verde

Friday night. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome.

7:30.

Thanks. I don't arrive until day of cruise. Fortunately no storms predicted so far on the day of the cruise. Fingers crossed!

I just booked a Nov 10 transatlantic on QM2 for very little more than

one person would pay for an inside cabin. Don't know why they offered it

since going eastbound the week before was SS double the pp price.

Feeling lucky. Guess it helps to keep checking

I had a look. Yes, very good rates. Lowest categories are waitlist only now. Whatever you do, don't take an inside after on deck 4 above the Queens Lounge. I had one and the bass from the music was pounding in my cabin. Fortunately it doesn't go on too late but it was annoying to have to hear it even when getting ready for dinner. They actually had the sound man come to my cabin and had them play the music (recording) for him to hear from himself. I received an apology (because the guest relations rep gave me a hard time about it before the sound man confirmed my claim), a bottle of wine at dinner, and a move to another cabin when one became available (it was a balcony cabin so at least I got a nice upgrade for the rest of the cruise). It will be worth the extra $32. (I think) to be on deck 5. the midship insides are deck 4 are fine. I stayed in one of those cabins too and there was no problem.

Edited by cruise pup

Thanks. I don't arrive until day of cruise. Fortunately no storms predicted so far on the day of the cruise. Fingers crossed!

Ohhhh.....I do hope your weather allows a smooth flight and landing

on time!:)

Wow thanks so much for posting this...hard to believe the price but I'm booking one too...just need to pick my date!

This came out today...

Yellowbird,

Sort of...but not directly.

The travel agency is affiliated with the airline (Delta Skymiles Cruises), but I booked my flights using my Skymiles, because the air fares were pretty high, so I decided to burn my miles instead.

Are you thinking of going on this cruise??? I'd love to see you onboard!

I'd love to see you onboard, BUT...unfortunately I may not be going anywhere this year. Finances are pretty tight. Wonderful cruise you have there. I want to start saving to possibly go back the Mediterranean again, but also want to see Peru, Chile, etc. Have a wonderful time.

Hi Everyone;

This is my first time posting to these boards. My last cruise was on an around the world segment on The Queen Mary 2. I loved it, although the average age was well into the 70's (I am 53). I'm contemplating a T/A from Florida (repositioning cruise) in April. Would greatly appreciate any advise regarding various cruise lines and the lowest possible single supplement.

Thanks

Thanks, your post made me put studios for 9/25 and 10/16 cabins on hold, traveling solo. Have only cruised NCL once and did not like it compared to RCL and Celebrity. But the solo studio price was only $464 and deposit was only $125.

Any others doing a solo studio, that can make me feel this was a good choice?

A little slow here...but what are the studios compared to the regular cabin?:confused:

Hi Everyone;

This is my first time posting to these boards. My last cruise was on an around the world segment on The Queen Mary 2. I loved it, although the average age was well into the 70's (I am 53). I'm contemplating a T/A from Florida (repositioning cruise) in April. Would greatly appreciate any advise regarding various cruise lines and the lowest possible single supplement.

Thanks

Best bet would be to check Royal Caribbean. They may have single supplements under 200%. Costa had single cabins which are a good buy they're all sold out. Also, check Celebrity on a Tuesday when they run "happy hour" specials. You look in specials and they will show a separate listing of 1-day specials. It changes weekly.

Edited by cruise pup

A little slow here...but what are the studios compared to the regular cabin?:confused:

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957688 for the oldie but goody thread titled NCL Offering Studio Staterooms for Solo Cruisers - Anyone Know The Details?

Click here http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/studios/ and here http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/living-room/ for info from the NCL site.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
added another link