Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thanks, your post made me put studios for 9/25 and 10/16 cabins on hold, traveling solo. Have only cruised NCL once and did not like it compared to RCL and Celebrity. But the solo studio price was only $464 and deposit was only $125.

Any others doing a solo studio, that can make me feel this was a good choice?

If I was in Florida, I wouldn't hesitate one second to book that solo trip but I am sailing next week and probably in Sept so I can't afford a third cruise the same year.

Please understand that this price looks like a computer glitch (double occupancy is at 649$ PER PERSON + taxes). NCL might honor the price (especially if not too many people booked at this price) but they might also say it's a mistake and ask you to pay the difference with the real price or give you the option of a reimbursement.

If I wanted to go on that cruise, I would have booked it, hoping they don't catch their error but I would also be ready to cancel my booking if they wanted much more money.

If I was in Florida, I wouldn't hesitate one second to book that solo trip but I am sailing next week and probably in Sept so I can't afford a third cruise the same year.

Please understand that this price looks like a computer glitch (double occupancy is at 649$ PER PERSON + taxes). NCL might honor the price (especially if not too many people booked at this price) but they might also say it's a mistake and ask you to pay the difference with the real price or give you the option of a reimbursement.

If I wanted to go on that cruise, I would have booked it, hoping they don't catch their error but I would also be ready to cancel my booking if they wanted much more money.

Sorry to have to tell all but the price did jump up. I was looking to change sailing dates and it's over $1,000.00 now. It was still $362. last night but when I called my t/a today the increase took effect. Needless to say I'm staying put. Congrats to all who got in under the wire.

Edited by cruise pup

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957688 for the oldie but goody thread titled NCL Offering Studio Staterooms for Solo Cruisers - Anyone Know The Details?

Click here http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/studios/ and here http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/living-room/ for info from the NCL site.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks for those links.

I received my updated invoice today with deposit and payment applied from NCL. The invoice said Promo Code PGSGL150 with the $362 rate ($462 total), looks like special they were running and not a glitch. Sure hope not...Fingers crossed!

I received my updated invoice today with deposit and payment applied from NCL. The invoice said Promo Code PGSGL150 with the $362 rate ($462 total), looks like special they were running and not a glitch. Sure hope not...Fingers crossed!

I just tried using the code also and no go:(

This happened to me when CCL Dream opened up their bookings and for maybe a 12 hr period, there was a pricing error and they were reversed. The inside was the price of a suite and vice versa. I just sailed for NYE @ 1125.00 pp for a suite. A suite deal:)

Definitely sounds like a glitch, so CONGRATS to those of you lucky enough to book.

I just tried using the code also and no go:(

This happened to me when CCL Dream opened up their bookings and for maybe a 12 hr period, there was a pricing error and they were reversed. The inside was the price of a suite and vice versa. I just sailed for NYE @ 1125.00 pp for a suite. A suite deal:)

Definitely sounds like a glitch, so CONGRATS to those of you lucky enough to book.

If it was a glitch why did SeaShark receive a call from NCL advising of a price drop. SeaShark was already booked at a higher price and then they reduced his booking. Oh well, it's water under the bridge now. More than likely I'll have to cancel anyway. May start a new job and not necessarily allowed the time off. Right now I'm keeping it because I had bought a future cruise booking on my last cruise so they were holding my money anyway.

I know it's through the cruiselines themselves, but do you have to search every itinerary and sailing, or will a cruise consultant-type person from the cruiseline find them for you if you ask?

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is that if you contact someone at the cruiseline and ask if they have any sailings where the single supplement is less than 200%, will they be able (or willing) to tell you about specific sailings?

That has never been mentioned here, but, why not try it and report your results back on this thread? The answer would certainly help everyone in this forum !!! Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by jjb415

That has never been mentioned here, but, why not try it and report your results back on this thread? The answer would certainly help everyone in this forum !!! Thanks in advance. :)

Well, if you luck out with a pcc who is very ambitious and willing to do the searching and get back to you it may work. I was shocked the other eveing when I called Delta to make changes to a rewards reservation the rep really worked with me (I tried online and it looked like the # of miles needed had doubled). I got what I needed with no penalty and even a few dollars credit for the difference in taxes. Once in a while you do actually get customer SERVICE. Good luck.

Well it looks like as of 1/18/2010 NCL will be marketing the studios on Epic for singles with "special pricing." Doesn't seem to be as cheap as last weekend's offer but they won't be going for over a grand. So if anyone is considering this I guess check NCL on 1/18 to see the new pricing. As for now it looks like they pulled the studios from being sold (I guess so they can restructure the pricing).

Edited by cruise pup

Well it looks like as of 1/18/2010 NCL will be marketing the studios on Epic for singles with "special pricing." Doesn't seem to be as cheap as last weekend's offer but they won't be going for over a grand. So if anyone is considering this I guess check NCL on 1/18 to see the new pricing. As for now it looks like they pulled the studios from being sold (I guess so they can restructure the pricing).

Good information, thanks. :)

Good information, thanks. :)

Hey Jack!

Hi everyone. $999 for the NCL Epic studio for a single is the price (no supplement) for the TA. Well, that's better than the $1600 I was looking at a month ago :). Can't decide.

Jack, do you think you might go? Anyone else?

Nancy

Hey Jack!

Hi everyone. $999 for the NCL Epic studio for a single is the price (no supplement) for the TA. Well, that's better than the $1600 I was looking at a month ago :). Can't decide.

Nancy

You paying Nancy? If so, I'll go!:D:D:D

Hey Jack!

Nancy

I am considering the TA on the Epic, but, don't think I'm ready to pull the trigger. However, there is a Future Cruise $250 availalbe in my filing cabiner that has to be used this year. Hum......... The Epic sounds nice. :)

RCCL has a cheap TA listed for 11/28...2 week cruise...

I booked the Epic for its first transatlantic cruise and paid $1080 for everything, tax, port charges, included. The studios have a two story lounge, so it may be a good place to meet other singles.:)

You paying Nancy? If so, I'll go!:D:D:D

Pat - did you take a close link (err, "blink" at the room? it's 100 sq ft!) ... heard they have some adjoining cabins :)

I actually booked this a few weeks ago for 50% more $$ then decided I was nuts and couldn't afford it; now I'm contemplating again. There are some folks we cruised on the NCL Gem TA a few years back that were a riot - lots of gatherings and a great time; great group of people!

Oh... Jack, I'm with you. I'm tempted, have the $250 dep, but can't decide for sure.............. When's final payment? end of March?

:( Not many cabins studio cabins left; all pretty far forward.

The Epic studios are well over a $1000 pp single occupancy for the cruise I booked in December '10. So glad we booked at $500 pp single (total) 2 weeks ago! We reserved 2 cabins that are adjoining (his/hers), so plenty of room for luggage and 2 showers-Perfect!!!

Edited by Lusitano

The Epic studios are well over a $1000 pp single occupancy for the cruise I booked in December '10. So glad we booked at $500 pp single (total) 2 weeks ago! We reserved 2 cabins that are adjoining (his/hers), so plenty of room for luggage and 2 showers-Perfect!!!

Laura, so you and hubby will share two studios for total $1000? do I understand that correctly? Great idea! What's the itinerary and length of cruise... Sure you don't wanna share with Pat & I :p!

Nancy and I don't take showers! :eek::eek::D

Laura, so you and hubby will share two studios for total $1000? do I understand that correctly? Great idea! What's the itinerary and length of cruise... Sure you don't wanna share with Pat & I :p!

Yes. It was cheaper to get 2 cabins than one. Makes no sense for NCL. They are adjoining cabins, so we can throw all of our extra "stuff" in one cabin and enjoy the other. It's 7 days out of Miami-Eastern Caribbean. December18-25th, 2010.