Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

TA's used to be bargains, but that sounds steep priced to me. What is your airfare going to cost you on top of that?

Will have to check it out. I just moved up to Gold status my last cruise in October so wander if there would be any extra perks to take a look at a TA with them. Thanks for the info.

Hi all. I see that the Celebrity Summit 7 night sailing, 12-12-09, roundtrip San Juan, Puerto Rico, has a fare of approx. $650 including taxes, for an ocean view (!), single occupancy and no senior or residency requirement.

I've done cruises between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they are fun. The ship is decorated for the holidays, and so are the ports of call.

This cruise has 5 ports of call, one sea day, and San Juan too (making 6 ports) -- all in one 7 day cruise.

Edited by cruisinryan

• 2 weeks later...

The solo prices have been lowered for Liberty of the Seas 11/29/09 7 night Western Caribbean out of Miami. I got a cat N for $545. including all port charges and taxes. Plust I get $100. obc for sharehold benefit. Check out to see if you qualify for a regional or senior discount which could lower it. Airfares out of NY were pretty high but luckily I was able to use my air miles on Delta for a free ticket.

REALLY LOW PRICES THIS COMING TUESDAY.

Celebrity is having Tuesday deals and if any of you are able to sail

on Dec 12th out of Baltimore for 9 nights the prices are unreal.

I was able to pull up the link and unless it changes between now and

Tuesday....it showed 429.00 with only 150% single supplement.

Just giving ya'll a heads up:)

I live in the Baltimore area and have been watching the rates on Celebrity out of here. I caught a great deal a few weeks ago that netted a considerable reduction in fare. I would have thought that these sailings would have not needed such drastic reductions but I guess with the state of the economy they just need to sell out the ship and hope to make up the revenue in on borad sales. It never hurts to check the fares.

Just booked Carnival Glory 4 nights out of NYC this coming 6/6/10 Canada cruise. The 1A was under $500. which is very good for this cruise considering I don't need airfare. I did this cruise on Triumph over Labor Day and at a last-minute special it was about $10. less. Plus, the Glory has a lot more to offer than Triumph, so it'll definately be worth the $10.00 splurge. I even managed to get an outside with portholes. The later sailings go up in price. I think the 6/10/10 sailing was maybe $30. more.

I was shocked when I seen this on the RCCL website - 5 nights on NOS, $324 single person, guarantee - lower inside cabin. It leaves out of Miami. Airfare from DFW on AA $564 if it was cheaper airfare I would definitely book this last minute cruise.

I was shocked when I seen this on the RCCL website - 5 nights on NOS, $324 single person, guarantee - lower inside cabin. It leaves out of Miami. Airfare from DFW on AA $564 if it was cheaper airfare I would definitely book this last minute cruise.

That is a good price, but like you said the airlines are making it hard to get a bargain to go along with the cheap cruises.

There are some amazing deals right now! Sure you've all seen the 8-day repo: MIA to Colon, Panama on RCI for $199 pp?! (altho A/F would probably kill ya!)

I NEED A CRUISE BAAAD! :o :eek:

Hi Pat! Maybe we can find a cheapo in Feb(ish)?? May have to do shorter cuz of mom... but such a waste of airfare if less than 7 days!!

There are some amazing deals right now! Sure you've all seen the 8-day repo: MIA to Colon, Panama on RCI for $199 pp?! (altho A/F would probably kill ya!)

I NEED A CRUISE BAAAD! :o :eek:

Hi Pat! Maybe we can find a cheapo in Feb(ish)?? May have to do shorter cuz of mom... but such a waste of airfare if less than 7 days!!

Hello my sweet Nancy>> Can you fine something for around $100 for 10 days???? lol

There are some amazing deals right now! Sure you've all seen the 8-day repo: MIA to Colon, Panama on RCI for $199 pp?

That's not a single rate. The single supplement is 200%. Still not bad so I guess you can call it a single "bargain" but you're paying for 2.

Edited by cruise pup

I am traveling solo on Celebrity Century April 3, 2010. Its only about 150% supplement. for 2 it's $345 per person. Only $560 for single cruiser. Still not bad to me for a 5 night cruise. I am a teacher too and can only travel on break and was shocked when this coincided with my break.

I am traveling solo on Celebrity Century April 3, 2010. Its only about 150% supplement. for 2 it's $345 per person. Only $560 for single cruiser. Still not bad to me for a 5 night cruise. I am a teacher too and can only travel on break and was shocked when this coincided with my break.

I was looking at this same cruise, but I'm finding airfare to be the problem for me, really high because of Easter.

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed that the single fare for ]Celebrity Summit departing 1/16/2010 (7 nts southern Carib out of San Juan) has dropped to $691. for a category 9 inside. This is a NYC resident rate. There's also a single outside rate for cat 6 outside for $811. total.

Good price! Will have to check out IL res rate... never know!

REALLY LOW PRICES THIS COMING TUESDAY.

Celebrity is having Tuesday deals....

I've been out of the "loop" and away from the boards for awhile. Looks like this thread still doesn't get as much "action" as I wish it did.

Anyway, I know RCCL posts an online Tuesday special but I didn't know Celebrity did too. Looking around Celebrity's website I can't find anything about it.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

BTW I've never found anything GREAT on RCCLs Tuesday's deals -- but I haven't been checking them in the past year or so.

Too, I'm like Nancy. I'm past itching for my next cruise. Maybe 2010 will bring one.

Merry Christmas to all.

Duane

I've been out of the "loop" and away from the boards for awhile. Looks like this thread still doesn't get as much "action" as I wish it did.

Anyway, I know RCCL posts an online Tuesday special but I didn't know Celebrity did too. Looking around Celebrity's website I can't find anything about it.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

BTW I've never found anything GREAT on RCCLs Tuesday's deals -- but I haven't been checking them in the past year or so.

Too, I'm like Nancy. I'm past itching for my next cruise. Maybe 2010 will bring one.

Merry Christmas to all.

Duane

For the Celebrity happy hour specials you can click on "specials" at the website but they will only appear on Tuesday. It usually says something like "1 day special". There was a terrific deal this past Tuesday on the Summit for January 16. A category 9 inside single was $439.00 plus fees, I think. It was like $200. less than I paid. However the airfares to San Juan are difficult to find for that date now. So I saved by booking the cruise earlier and locking in a cheap airfare. Celebrity will not do refunds or obc's for difference with a happy hour special.