Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I went to this site to check it out and can't get prices. Do you know what I am doing wrong? Keeps taking me back to select.

You're not doing anything wrong. This is one of many quirks I have found in researching MSC. I have been tempted twice by a very low (or no) single supplement on MSC. While this line does offer some excellent single pricing, I would highly recommend reading the MSC forum here before booking to form your own opinion of this cruise line (I'm sure everyone would anyway). The reviews are much more polarized than mainstream lines. They have extremely limited dining times for the solo traveler that does not want to eat in the MDR and that has been a deal breaker for me (wouldn't bother others).

I did send an email off via the MSC link requesting a quote for an Easter cruise this year and made the mistake of giving my real email addy. I have been hounded by an agent, so you might want to give a spam email address that you can check once, but that won't flood your inbox.

Happy Solo Traveling,

Cheryl :)

I just booked Princess Crown 5 days inside Dec.18 at the pp rate for 1 total $555.00. This makes it only $100.00 per day and it could go down this far out. This is the first time I have ever on Princess had no extra cost for single.

Thanks for the heads-up. I got it for $521. thru my travel agent for a cat KK. The Crown Princess is my favorite Princess ship so far, so which it an even better deal for me. In addtion, I booked a single 1A on Carnival Glory's 4-day NY-Canada-NY cruise for 6/10/10. That one comes to $475.18 with taxes. I even managed to snag an outside w/porthole. Best of all I'll qualify for the shareholder obc for both sailings.

I am on my second cruise as a solo on the Independence of the Seas TA April 2010. I picked up a great bargain just before Christmas on a balcony with a single supplement. I like a bargain but one thing that concerns me is when cabins are released with no single supplements often they would be taken by couples wanting a solo room each. If a group of 6 each get there own cabin and they are in 2 berth cabins that is 6 fares they will not obtain. Those 6 probably would have still sailed in twin cabins with double occupancy and sold 3 more cabins for the cruise line.

NCL just released their 2011 schedual that shows the Epic will be in Europe throughout the summer months. The reason I wanted to bring this up; is that the May 7, 2011, 11 night Transatlantic Miami to Barcelona, (Studio) Single Occupancy fare, will be $899. Also, there will be studio pricing on the Europe voyages.

For solo travelers, the Epic may be our best bet to see the world at a great 0% supplement price!!:eek:

The prices are just so-so, but MSC is offering special rates for singles on several February and March Caribbean sailings. Book by next Sunday:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/news.asp?news_id=n1214200941280&page_id=415

Everyone I have met, from co-workers, to groups of travel agents(on my enchantment cruise to Colon) have had a bad experiences with MSC. I would like to try an European life, however I want a quality experience! :(

As some of you may know the Carnival Destiny has been having propulsion issues and will be going in for an unscheduled dry dock in February. She will be back in service on Feb. 20th and in order to fill the time between when she gets back and her next scheduled cruise they are offering a 2 day from Miami to Nassau.

I decided to check out these rates because it is a short cruise and they have less than a month to get it booked up. The price I was quoted for a 1A was $254.81 and a Balcony cabin mid-ship is 374.31 including the single supplement. I am an airline employee so I think that the balcony rate included a discount for that but the 1A is the standard rate for a single.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to book it because I am leaving on the Victory on Feb. 28th but I wanted to share this with everyone!!

For anybody who missed it this is the TA that was mentioned above:

RCCL has a cheap TA listed for 11/28...2 week cruise...

This would be the Adventure of the Seas, November 28, 2010, sailing from Barcelona to San Juan for 14 days.

Category N - Inside Cabin

The single price breakdown looks like this:

Guest 1 Cruise Fare $785.00 USD

Taxes/Fees $98.23 USD

Package Total $883.23 USD

Today it looks like a Category K is the most inexpensive inside cabin @ $843 plus taxes...................:-)

Edited by jjb415

I am also about to book the Adventure November 28 TA. This will be my first RCI experience, and I am looking for opinions on whether the inside cabins or the promenade cabins are better. They are the same price.

Which do you think this newbie should book???

Bonnie

I had a promenade cabin on the Navigator and I really didn't care for it. You had to keep your curtains closed so it really didn't have any use to have that window out to the promenade. I also think that the regular insides actually have more square footage. The only good thing was the location was very good since they are all midship. I also have to say that taking a Voyager class ship in late November will mean you probably won't have much pool time. The solarium is outdoors on these vessles (unlike Vision class and Radiance class ships). I sailed Navigator in mid-November from Barcelona to Miami and we had maybe one sunny day during the entire crossing. If I had to do it again I would only book a t/a in the fall that offered an indoor solarium.

I had a promenade cabin on the Navigator and I really didn't care for it. You had to keep your curtains closed so it really didn't have any use to have that window out to the promenade. I also think that the regular insides actually have more square footage. The only good thing was the location was very good since they are all midship. I also have to say that taking a Voyager class ship in late November will mean you probably won't have much pool time. The solarium is outdoors on these vessles (unlike Vision class and Radiance class ships). I sailed Navigator in mid-November from Barcelona to Miami and we had maybe one sunny day during the entire crossing. If I had to do it again I would only book a t/a in the fall that offered an indoor solarium.

I feel the way that you do about the Promenade Cabin, Cruise Pup, but, may consider one again despite my love/dislike attitude. :) On the Mariner, I was on Deck 8, which was a bit high up and it may be better to be on 6 or 7, which would mean that you could look down on the Promenade at a closer perspective. That being said, I would avoid being over the pub that has been reported to be noisy during late hours. As stated by Cruise Pub, the regular Insides have more square footage, but, I did like the window seats and sat there quite often, but, again, as stated, you look directly into the cabins on the opposite side of the Promenade, which can be strange, depending upon your neighbors. :rolleyes: Several times, too, I went over to the window to look out expecting to see the ocean, but, no luck, just looking out to the inside Promenade. I also like the way the beds are set up perpendicular to the door like in a Balcony Cabin.

As far as weather is concerned, the Adventure will be sailing quite far south to the Canaries and then to Puerto Rico. On the Voyager TA this past November/December every day was 75 degress or more after leaving the Canaries for Nassau with lots of sun, but, reports from the Norwegian Gem into New York had severe bad weather for a couple of days on a more northern route.

One additional note about this sailing, if you are a Crown & Anchor member there are online coupons for a discount for some levels. Just sign into the Royal Caribbean site and click through to C & A Special Offers to see if you have a coupon.

Sorry to go on for so long and I hope I didn't step on any toes with my viewpoint. :)

Edited by jjb415

Everyone I have met, from co-workers, to groups of travel agents(on my enchantment cruise to Colon) have had a bad experiences with MSC. I would like to try an European life, however I want a quality experience! :(

For perspective, I sailed on MSC two years ago. Same as other lines, everyone I talked to on ship was happy. So everyone I know has had a good experience. But, don't let me make up anyone's mind.

As far as the weather, I have done 2 TAs so far, one in early Nov. and the other the same dates as the AOS and both cruises had fantastic weather. The closer we got to SJ, the warmer it got. But I guess you never know!

As far as weather is concerned, the Adventure will be sailing quite far south to the Canaries and then to Puerto Rico. On the Voyager TA this past November/December every day was 75 degress or more after leaving the Canaries for Nassau with lots of sun, but, reports from the Norwegian Gem into New York had severe bad weather for a couple of days on a more northern route.

Sorry to go on for so long and I hope I didn't step on any toes with my viewpoint. :)

Didn't realize the route so much further south. That ought to warm things up a bit. And don't worry about my toes. I wear New Balance Walkers. You'd need a pile drive to reach them.:D

Ok, y'all, you made me do it! I just booked this one, too! Balcony cabin was about $1500, PLUS I booked through Delta = 30K Skymiles bonus AND $200 discount, PLUS C&A discount of another $200. All for a 14-night cruise!

It was just too tempting to pass up! Now I've got TWO TA cruises this year! Yippee!

I look forward to meeting some of our fellow solo cruisers on board. (Yes, I've posted on the Roll Call.)

Edited by Tenngal

WOW!! You made out like a bandit!!:D

Ok, y'all, you made me do it! I just booked this one, too! Balcony cabin was about $1500, PLUS I booked through Delta = 30K Skymiles bonus AND $200 discount, PLUS C&A discount of another $200. All for a 14-night cruise!

It was just too tempting to pass up! Now I've got TWO TA cruises this year! Yippee!

I look forward to meeting some of our fellow solo cruisers on board. (Yes, I've posted on the Roll Call.)

WOW!! You made out like a bandit!!:D

I bought the same cruise and got all the same show here $200 stateroom discount credit, 30,000 skymiles and a $200 onboard credit for my onboard pre-cruise deposit on the Enchantment. Thus, I only had to pay another $1,250 for the cruise San Juan to Barcelona on the Adventure!

Edited by gkbiiii

Thanks for the input on the promenade cabins. The idea of them kind of intrigues me, so I think that's what I will book. I am also toying with the idea of a balcony, but I can't decide whether it is worth the $$ for this cruise.

Bonnie

If you book a balcony, keep in mind that you will be heading west a good portion of the cruise so if you want sunshine you need to book on the port side(left side facing forward) to get a southern exposure. My friend was facing north on my t/a and he had no sun for the entire cruise. He landed up having to sit out on the promenade deck on the port side instead of using his balcony.

If you book a balcony, keep in mind that you will be heading west a good portion of the cruise so if you want sunshine you need to book on the port side(left side facing forward) to get a southern exposure. My friend was facing north on my t/a and he had no sun for the entire cruise. He landed up having to sit out on the promenade deck on the port side instead of using his balcony.

POSH - Port Out Starboard Home - from a European point of view. :)

POSH - Port Out Starboard Home - from a European point of view. :)

I booked port side for the 11/28 westbound.

For the 3/20 eastbound, I also booked port side, BUT this one starts below the equator. It sails during the spring solstice. Did I mess up? Should I try to change cabins? Am I overthinking this?? (I need a vacation!)