Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi all. I'm looking for a good fare in late Feb (birthday is 2/28) or early March, 2011. No more than 10 days, not a TA, more ports the better, and warmer climate (ideally Caribbean, or Central America, or northern South America, or south Pacific).

Any one know of a good fare?

Edited by cruisinryan

Hi all. I'm looking for a good fare in late Feb (birthday is 2/28) or early March, 2011. No more than 10 days, not a TA, more ports the better, and warmer climate (ideally Caribbean, or Central America, or northern South America, or south Pacific).

Any one know of a good fare?

Hi Ryan:), not sure what type of rate you are looking for but I know

Celebrity has SUMMIT going out of San Juan. It is a 7 day cruise

but it is very port intensive. Prices (in my opinion) are quite good, even

for a solo.

If you check the Celebrity website you can see the sailings they offer.

Hello All.

Enjoy reading your posts. I am new to solo cruising and was wondering if anyone can help me out on how I go about finding the great deals sometimes posted on this board? Are there specific websites I should be checking? (Not sure you are allowed to post this type of information here?)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Are you all about to book that far ahead by using the cruise lines to book? I seem to only be able to find a few months ahead looking through the adds I get and also what my travel person tells me. Maybe I need to change travel persons. How do you go about finding these good solo deals? I guess I am just not looking in the right places.

The NCL Epic will be sailing out of Florida to the Carribbean this year. Next year it will be in Europe also. Inaugural sailing is in a couple of months.

They have 128 solo cabins at a great price. They are all small, inside cabins but they did away with the single supplement. Maybe it will catch on. There is definitely a market.

I sail solo all the time and love it. I don't see any downside except the dreaded single supplement.

I will be on the Epic in a solo cabin when it sails on it's initial voyage in June (Southampton to New York). I will definitely report back when I return. I'm sure there will be lots of activity on the boards related to that sailing. It's a great concept. Good for NCL for pioneering solo options.....

Hello All.

Enjoy reading your posts. I am new to solo cruising and was wondering if anyone can help me out on how I go about finding the great deals sometimes posted on this board? Are there specific websites I should be checking? (Not sure you are allowed to post this type of information here?)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi,:) Travel Agencies are not allowed so your question about websites

can't be answered. Sorry:eek:

I book directly with the cruiseline and I just keep checking what is

being offered on their website~if it is an itinerary that appeals to me

and the price is within my range...then I book it:D

Edited by Lois R

Are you all about to book that far ahead by using the cruise lines to book? I seem to only be able to find a few months ahead looking through the adds I get and also what my travel person tells me. Maybe I need to change travel persons. How do you go about finding these good solo deals? I guess I am just not looking in the right places.

Hi:) Sometimes I book far in advance and sometimes not. I don't use

a Travel Agent but that is just me. I know many people do....I just book

directly with the cruiseline.

I just look on the cruiseline's website and see what they are offering. IF

there is an itinerary that appeals to me and the price is within my budget

then I BOOK IT:D

Hi Ryan:), not sure what type of rate you are looking for but I know

Celebrity has SUMMIT going out of San Juan. It is a 7 day cruise

but it is very port intensive. Prices (in my opinion) are quite good, even

for a solo.

If you check the Celebrity website you can see the sailings they offer.

Thanks Lois, and Zoncom. Summit does look like a good itinerary and price. I also found Carnival Victory out of San Juan with a port visit every day! (which I like), for a good price.

I booked Victory for Feb. 26 sailing, but I can always cancel if I find another more appealing option.

By the way, since there's talk now about TA vs. Cruise line booking ...I booked with a TA, with the guarantee they will honor any price reductions, and with no cancellation fees or any add-on fees, ...AND they gave me a 11% discount over the cruise line price, which is just enough to pay for the gratuities.

Edited by cruisinryan

Hi:) Sometimes I book far in advance and sometimes not. I don't use

a Travel Agent but that is just me. I know many people do....I just book

directly with the cruiseline.

I just look on the cruiseline's website and see what they are offering. IF

there is an itinerary that appeals to me and the price is within my budget

then I BOOK IT:D

When you book direct then I guess you are booking your own air if you have to travel. I am in NC which makes me have to travel most of the time for a cruise and why I am holding back because I have read both sides of the cruise air vs your own booking. I think I will just have to have a more heart to heart with my travel agent to see exactly what she can offer me and then decide if I want to go on my own. I know on my first cruise which was to Alaska she seemed to take good care of me and help me stay in my budget and that is my biggest concern until I find that pot of gold at the end of a rainbow at least. Thanks for all the comments they have helped.

Edited by bird2sea
miss spelling

When you book direct then I guess you are booking your own air if you have to travel. I am in NC which makes me have to travel most of the time for a cruise and why I am holding back because I have read both sides of the cruise air vs your own booking. I think I will just have to have a more heart to heart with my travel agent to see exactly what she can offer me and then decide if I want to go on my own. I know on my first cruise which was to Alaska she seemed to take good care of me and help me stay in my budget and that is my biggest concern until I find that pot of gold at the end of a rainbow at least. Thanks for all the comments they have helped.

Hi:) yes, I book my own airfare when I am flying somewhere. I always

go a day early and to be honest, I like booking it myself. I want to be

able to fly at times and days that are best for me:D

Thanks Lois, and Zoncom. Summit does look like a good itinerary and price. I also found Carnival Victory out of San Juan with a port visit every day! (which I like), for a good price.

I booked Victory for Feb. 26 sailing, but I can always cancel if I find another more appealing option.

By the way, since there's talk now about TA vs. Cruise line booking ...I booked with a TA, with the guarantee they will honor any price reductions, and with no cancellation fees or any add-on fees, ...AND they gave me a 11% discount over the cruise line price, which is just enough to pay for the gratuities.

Hi Ryan, glad you found something you like:) Just an FYI, Celebrity/

Royal Caribbean does not offer discounting to TA's or the end user.

So if you want to book a cruise on X, your TA can give you obc, pay

your insurance, or buy you a dinner in the Specialty Restaurant but they

are not allowed to discount the cruise fare.

Ryan>>That Victory cruise is mighty appealing to me as well. I love port-intensive cruises. Won't happen this year anymore, but possibly next year it may be in the cards. I love all those ports!

Hi all! I just booked the Caribbean Princess for Dec. 12, 2010. Princess has good prices right now for a solo. I booked an obstructed OCEANVIEW for $809 (total price, plus $75 OBC thru a travel agency), single occupancy, with past guest discount; but w/o the discount, it's only a few dollars more (and no age or residency requirements).

That's a good price for a 7 day cruise for single occupancy, with a window, and on Princess, which has a good product.

I love the Caribbean, and 'cause it's the Holidays season, the ship and all the ports will have their Holidays decorations up.

After sailing on the Sapphire Princess (a near-identical sister ship) I know the ship is beautiful, with great amenities, and with all the features I like.

Come on and join me for the Holidays!

More good pricing for anyone interested:

Celebrity has just released their Alaska itineraries for 2011 and there

are some good prices listed. Even for a solo...if you want to book a year

ahead..example, Millennium sails Vancouver-Vancouver on May 14th, 2011

with prices starting at 500.00 per person. That is dbl occupancy but

in my opinion, a grand for a week is a good price:)

Actually there are also some "Pacific Coastal cruises" that look fabulous

and I am definitely thinking of booking one...8 nights from San Diego

to Vancouver with an overnight stop in San Francisco:D....prices

start at 550.00 per person....ship is Celebrity CENTURY:)

I've checked prices on the Celebrity and Princess ships leaving in May, 2011 and the Celebrity website says that an inside on the Century is under $1,000 (inside cabin) for an 8 night cruise. That sounds pretty good to me. I can't make plans a year in advance but I'm definately thinking about doing this cruise next year.

Faith

• 2 weeks later...

Seeking a deal for this cruise - single supplement for balcony is 200% per online TA! 69 days, leaves Seattle 9/24, arrives San Diego 12/2 - segment of world cruise. REALLY want to go, but refuse that ss......

Just got a nice deal on Caribbean Princess 8-day sailing out of NYC to SJU on 10/23/10. Sails to Bermuda, Anitgua ans St. Lucia. You get an outside obstructed cabin (up to category FF) for the price of an inside and the single supplement is 150%. It comes to around $920. with taxes which is about $115./day. That would make a 7-day cruise come to $805. which is a very good for Princess. You can book this as assigned cabin or gty.

Just got a nice deal on Caribbean Princess 8-day sailing out of NYC to SJU on 10/23/10. Sails to Bermuda, St. Lucia, Anitgua and St. Thomas. You get an outside obstructed cabin (up to category FF) for the price of an inside and the single supplement is 150%. It comes to around $920. with taxes which is about $115./day. That would make a 7-day cruise come to $805. which is a very good for Princess. You can book this as assigned cabin or gty.

Oops, left out St. Thomas as a port of call. Corrected above. Also, there are 3 sea days. 1 between NYC and Bermuda and 2 between Bermuda and St. Lucia.

Seeking a deal for this cruise - single supplement for balcony is 200% per online TA! 69 days, leaves Seattle 9/24, arrives San Diego 12/2 - segment of world cruise. REALLY want to go, but refuse that ss......

Good luck! It's nice to dream big.

Is there an Outside Gar with a lower Supp, behaps if you booked that you might have a slight chance of an upgrade and if not an outside if the price is right might not be too bad.

I bet you are a Wildcat fan. LOL. I am originally form Louisville. :eek:

Is there an Outside Gar with a lower Supp, behaps if you booked that you might have a slight chance of an upgrade and if not an outside if the price is right might not be too bad.

I bet you are a Wildcat fan. LOL. I am originally form Louisville. :eek:

You also have to consider tacking onto the price of the cruise for visas, excursions, flights, laundry, drinks, dinners, etc. Could get pretty pricey for 70 days of sailing. It's a dream for most! Hope you can make it if that is your dream.

You also have to consider tacking onto the price of the cruise for visas, excursions, flights, laundry, drinks, dinners, etc. Could get pretty pricey for 70 days of sailing. It's a dream for most! Hope you can make it if that is your dream.

I didn't see that you expect a balcony as well. Tack on a few hundred more just for that alone sailing solo.