Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thanks! Can't make it but there's a similar deal for the 6/19 sailing. I love the Jewel . I did a t/a on it las September. I'll be heading right to the spa to get a pass for cruise.

Hello, could you tell me some of the pros and cons of this ship as a solo?

I read mixed reviews but since i haven't been on a ship in 15 years and just want to get away for a week, I find that my expectations and concerns would be more about the dining experience for example

Hello, could you tell me some of the pros and cons of this ship as a solo?

I read mixed reviews but since i haven't been on a ship in 15 years and just want to get away for a week, I find that my expectations and concerns would be more about the dining experience for example

There are no cons as a solo for me. I enjoy my independence and go about as I please. I have no problem socializing. As for dining, if you go to the inclusive dining rooms they will ask you if you prefer to share a table or dine alone, so that would be entirely up to you. At the buffet it usually is very busy and you'll probably be sharing your table. As a solo you can always sit wherever there's an available chair which is an advantage over groups who need to sit together. Although there is a good chance you'll make friends and want to sit with them.

As for mixed reviews, I have been very happy with NCL, especially on my cruises with them in the past 6 years. The staff has always been very friendly and I think as a solo passenger you will feel very welcome onboard.

I just booked two cruises as a solo on Celebrity and I think the prioces are very reasonable.

Celebrity Summit April 30, 2011 8 nigh carribean/Bermuda San Juan to Bayonne New Jersey. Ports include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola and Bermuda. $994.00 including port fees and taxes. This is for inside cabin category 11, but I was upgraded to category 9 (still inside just a higher floor) because I booked on ship but Captains Club Members usually get one category upgrade anyway.

Also, Celebrity Millenium February 4, 2011 10 day Carribean cruise out of San Juan. Ports are Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba and Curaco. $1522.00 including port fees and and taxes. That is paying for a category 10 but getting a category 9 because of Captain's Club (past Celebrity cruiser).

Just wanted to let you all know about these cruises....:D

I just booked two cruises as a solo on Celebrity and I think the prioces are very reasonable.

Celebrity Summit April 30, 2011 8 nigh carribean/Bermuda San Juan to Bayonne New Jersey. Ports include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola and Bermuda. $994.00 including port fees and taxes. This is for inside cabin category 11, but I was upgraded to category 9 (still inside just a higher floor) because I booked on ship but Captains Club Members usually get one category upgrade anyway.

Also, Celebrity Millenium February 4, 2011 10 day Carribean cruise out of San Juan. Ports are Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba and Curaco. $1522.00 including port fees and and taxes. That is paying for a category 10 but getting a category 9 because of Captain's Club (past Celebrity cruiser).

Just wanted to let you all know about these cruises....:D

Hi stranger......I hope you had a great time on Summit:)...I was

boarding as you were disembarking.....my cruise was FABULOUS:D

Hi stranger......I hope you had a great time on Summit:)...I was

boarding as you were disembarking.....my cruise was FABULOUS:D

Lois I'm so happy you had a great time!!!! I fell in love with the Summit and her staff.....

I am definitely a Celebrity convert...I never knew what I was missing.... I was going to post a comment on your review....I loved Angel in Normandie he is such a class act....I ate there three times.... My cruise withdrawl is so severe I actually have ohysical sympotoms...

I am working on a nice review and a letter to the CEO....I am so grateful that you are here on these Boards talking about Celebrity because seeing your comments on the solo Boards is why I tried Celebrity to begin with. I never would have tried Celebrity if I hadn't seen your frequent comments over here on the solo Boards.... I truthfully never believed Celebrity would be good for a solo traveler and in fact they are really better than most because they go the extra mile to make a solo feel more comfortable and special.... Thanks LOIS!!!!!!

Lois I'm so happy you had a great time!!!! I fell in love with the Summit and her staff.....

I am definitely a Celebrity convert...I never knew what I was missing.... I was going to post a comment on your review....I loved Angel in Normandie he is such a class act....I ate there three times.... My cruise withdrawl is so severe I actually have ohysical sympotoms...

I am working on a nice review and a letter to the CEO....I am so grateful that you are here on these Boards talking about Celebrity because seeing your comments on the solo Boards is why I tried Celebrity to begin with. I never would have tried Celebrity if I hadn't seen your frequent comments over here on the solo Boards.... I truthfully never believed Celebrity would be good for a solo traveler and in fact they are really better than most because they go the extra mile to make a solo feel more comfortable and special.... Thanks LOIS!!!!!!

Glad you loved it:D:)...I have not gotten to that on my review yet.

I will tell you here, this cruise was very special for me because a good

friend was sailing and she & I had dinner together every night.......

In Normandie:D...yes, for the first time in all my cruises I ate there

all 7 nights. And yes, Angel is absolutely awesome!

When you booked did you go right through Celebrity or a travel agent. I am also a huge Celebrity fan,Thank you,.(Elite member, etc.)

Carolyn

Most mainstream cruiselines have a stated 200% single supplement. My experience in over 20 solo sailing is that this is rarely the case. The supplement will vary dependent on bothe the sailing and the cabin category. For example I booked an E1 balconey on 5/17 for the 9/19 sailing of the Liberty of the Seas for a total of $1130. (This did not include my Diamond discount). The single supplement is always computed on the base price of the cruise. The base is computed by sutracting the port charges from the pp price. In my case the stated pp rate was $749 & the port was $159, producing a base of $590. If the single supplement was 200% I would have paid a a total price of $1425.01. ($590 base X 2 + $159 port + $86.01 tax) As you can see I paid about $295 less & my actual single supplement was around 49%. My advice is always do "trial" booking on the cruiseline's website before you book.

Further evidence of the "variable" single supplement can be seen below. It is little difficult to read but I think it will give you the idea. Please note this is from RCCL's prices as of today which, in general, are higher then they were when I booked on 5/17. They are also from a European agency so the prices are not going to be the same a an actual US booking.

Prices

Adults: 1 2 3 4 5 55+?: Child: 0 1 2 3 4 Currency: EUR AUD CAD CHF DKK GBP NOK SEK USD

Category Price 2-berth pp. € Supplement Price Cabin €

Inside 442

(~540 USD) 67 % 738

(~902 USD)

Cat. N 442

(~540 USD) 67 % 738

(~902 USD)

Cat. M 450

(~550 USD) 67 % 753

(~920 USD)

Cat. L 473

(~578 USD) 68 % 794

(~970 USD)

Cat. K 501

(~612 USD) 63 % 818

(~999 USD)

Cat. Q 561

(~686 USD) 66 % 934

(~1,142 USD)

Inside Comfort 524

(~640 USD) 65 % 864

(~1,056 USD)

Cat. PR 524

(~640 USD) 65 % 864

(~1,056 USD)

Cat. FI 790

(~966 USD) 76 % 1,391

(~1,700 USD)

Cat. FP 851

(~1,040 USD) 78 % 1,513

(~1,849 USD)

Outside 573

(~700 USD) 65 % 948

(~1,159 USD)

Cat. G 573

(~700 USD) 65 % 948

(~1,159 USD)

Cat. H 599

(~732 USD) 68 % 1,004

(~1,227 USD)

Cat. I 660

(~807 USD) 36 % 900

(~1,100 USD)

Outside Comfort 608

(~743 USD) 67 % 1,018

(~1,244 USD)

Cat. F 608

(~743 USD) 67 % 1,018

(~1,244 USD)

Cat. FO 889

(~1,087 USD) 79 % 1,589

(~1,942 USD)

Balcony 635

(~776 USD) 77 % 1,122

(~1,371 USD)

Cat. E1 635

(~776 USD) 77 % 1,122

(~1,371 USD)

Cat. E2 790

(~966 USD) 76 % 1,391

(~1,700 USD)

Balcony Comfort 686

(~838 USD) 71 % 1,174

(~1,435 USD)

Cat. D3 686

(~838 USD) 71 % 1,174

(~1,435 USD)

Cat. D2 691

(~845 USD) 71 % 1,184

(~1,447 USD)

Cat. D1 715

(~874 USD) 72 % 1,232

(~1,506 USD)

Junior Suite w/ Balcony 938

(~1,147 USD) 80 % 1,692

(~2,068 USD)

Cat. JS 938

(~1,147 USD) 80 % 1,692

(~2,068 USD)

Suite w/ Balcony 1,271

(~1,554 USD) 85 % 2,346

(~2,868 USD)

Cat. GS 1,271

(~1,554 USD) 85 % 2,346

(~2,868 USD)

Cat. OS 1,400

(~1,711 USD) 198 % 4,176

(~5,104 USD)

Cat. FS 2,007

(~2,453 USD) 91 % 3,826

(~4,677 USD)

Cat. PS 2,616

(~3,198 USD) 93 % 5,043

(~6,164 USD)

Cat. RS 3,263

(~3,988 USD) 87 % 6,109

(~7,467 USD)

Current prices of the cruises line from 26/05/2010

Availability reserved.

Some Costa ships have single cabins and the rates are fairly similar to a double p.p. therefore avoiding the supplement (but with Costa it tends to be 50 to 80% only)

Some Costa ships have single cabins and the rates are fairly similar to a double p.p. therefore avoiding the supplement (but with Costa it tends to be 50 to 80% only)
They have a ship layout similar to Carnival Conquest class ships. Many of the cabins comperable to a 1A are single cabins. There will only be 1 bed and no upper.

Just wanted you to know that I got a message from NancyChgo's step-sister. Nancy had a massive heart attack today and is in critical condition. Please pray for her everyone!

Oh my goodness:eek:....she was just on Century earlier this month, right?

Sending all positive thoughts of course..........

Oh my goodness:eek:....she was just on Century earlier this month, right?

Sending all positive thoughts of course..........

Yes, she was Lois. She was in the hospital all last week and came home this past weekend. I spoke to her on the phone last week a few times and was surprised that they sent her home. She was still having trouble breathing. Last night she said she was having trouble laying down because she couldn't breathe. I will keep you posted.

Update for NancyChgo: Sister called me tonight and stated that Nancy has no brain activity and they will be making the hard decision tomorrow. So, so sad.

WOW.....WOW:eek::confused:....did this just happen? Had she been ill in the past?

Heart attack? And now no brain activity?

I am sad to inform everyone that knew NancyChgo that she has passed into a better world at 5:30 this morning. I have lost a best friend/cruising buddy. Although her health was deteriorating in the past few months, she kept trudging on with working and took her last cruise on Century the beginning of this month. She will be sorely missed.:(

I am sad to inform everyone that knew NancyChgo that she has passed into a better world at 5:30 this morning. I have lost a best friend/cruising buddy. Although her health was deteriorating in the past few months, she kept trudging on with working and took her last cruise on Century the beginning of this month. She will be sorely missed.:(

Hi...my heartfelt wishes go out to the family...do you mind if I post

something over on the Fashion Forum? The gals over there are quite

a good bunch.....

I posted a heartfelt reply onto the "Off topic" thread over on the

Fashion Forum....I think all the gals would be glad to send their

prayers and heartfelt wishes to Nancy's family.

thanks Lois:)

Your welcome....I didn't know she had been ill.......she must have been

the type of person to not mention that kind of stuff on here....I know

she loved to cruise though....I will toast her on my next sailing:)