Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

The November 1, 2010, sailing of the Grandeur of the Seas still has some great rates. The trip starts in Fort Lauderdale and ends in Colon, Panama. When originally posted there was no single supplement, but, I think has changed now.

Let us know what you find !! :)

I didn't book the four day cruise,but one of my co-workers and her family did.

If the cruise wasn't so close to my other one, I would be heading out!

Hey all,

Just wanted everyone to know there's freaky good pricing for the 4-day 11/22 sailing of the Majesty of the Seas (leaves on a Monday, returns on the Friday after Thanksgiving). Stops are in the Bahamas and Key West.

I'm sailing solo, and got an OV cabin for $389, which includes all of the taxes and port fees! I know it's pretty much gospel that fares during holiday weeks are typically way higher than the normal fares, so this really amazed me! I think fares for 2 people in an OV came out to just under $300 per person (includes taxes).

I have an earlier post about booking this sailing. Glad to know there are other solos onboard. Hopefully we can meet up at the "mingle". Like you, thought the price was fantastic. Got the last non-obstructed OV on deck 6 for $410, all inclusive (F2). I am just a couple of sailings short of Diamond+ & usually take a balcony because of the nice discount. Rarely have I had to pay full single supplement. Will also be sailing on the Liberty 9/19.

If anyone's looking for a holiday sailing (I know a single amongst all those families, but I always meet great people) it looks like Eurodam sailing 12/19 isn't bad. The single supplement is 150% and the cheapest rate is for an outside obstructed H category. It's less money than my Carnival Freedom cruise was last year. Since I put down $100. future cruise deposit on a prior sailing I figured I'd hold the space and see if anything else comes up. But I also like the itinerary; 1/2 Moon Cay; Aruba; Curacao (sailing in an out of Pt. Everglades).

Was looking at that cruise also - great rate - but didn't see a roll call set up yet on the ship site?

Now an inside cat N (deck) single has been reduced to $274. which comes to $333.07 when the taxes are added on. They also have Superior Ocean View singles for $379. which comes to $438.07 total. I already had a good deal for an ocean view single when they are priced higher than an inside and I managed to get upgraded to the SOV for $33.00.

Was looking at that cruise also - great rate - but didn't see a roll call set up yet on the ship site?

Any cruise that includes Aruba in my opinion is a great cruise. Recommend renting a car at the dock and just take off "snooping around". Can't get lost on that island and it's so beautiful.

I will be going solo on this cruise as well. Have you posted under the "roll call" yet? Was lucky to get one of the last unobstructed OVs for a great price. Also going on the Liberty on 9/19. Recently a couple of friends decide, unpromoted, to "join" me. They have their own cabin but on the same floor. Totally nice ladies but on the needy side. I hate to admit it but I am disappointed by this turn of events. I really enjoy going by myself & always meet new people. Now I am feeling kind of "stuck."

I just booked the RCI Jewel of the Seas 10/30/10 13 nt repo from Boston to Fort Lauderdale solo. During RCI's labor day sale, double occupancy for Inside (Cat M or N) is $799 & single is $1219, $1321 after taxes & fees. So 153% single supplement, which isn't too bad considering the cruise is pretty cheap to begin with. The travel agent I used also gave $100 onboard credit. Seemed like a good deal to me if you're looking for a longer cruise with a nice itinerary. I also thought having the rock wall, mini golf, pool tables, etc. would be good for the 6 days at sea.

I was thinking about the Norwegian Dawn 10/10 12 nt repo from NY to MIA, since even with the 200% supplement, it was still very cheap ($1054 for Inside after fees), but the forums about "Freestyle cruising" solo turned me off of it, not to mention the fact that the Dawn is having engine problems. It also sounded like the quality of food in the main dining room wasn't as good, and I don't want to spend extra every night in the specialty restaurants. Since I've never been on NCL (just Carnival, RCI, & Celebrity), I didn't want to take any chances on such a long cruise.

Sorry I did not bring this up when I booked so that it may be useful here, however, for those that can sail out of Baltimore on the Mercury their exciting deals had just a 30% single supplement on most OV cabins this past Tuesday on the Oct. 18 cruise. It may be worth a look this comeing Tuesday to see what they offer as it looks like still quite a few cabins left and it appears that not too many moved during the event. BTW the fare was $909 sngl vs $699 dbl plus the same taxes and fees for each.

Hi Everyone,

I just booked Celebrity Infinity 10 night Ultimate Alask for September 16, 2011.

It sails roundtrip from Seattle.

About $1600.00 including taxes and port fees for a Category 10 inside cabin. But for past Celebrity Cruisers (Captain"s Club Memebrs) you get a one category upgrade within your chosen category (so I'm booked in a Category 9). This seemed like a nice rate to me...and I check the rates constantly so if it goes lower I will be sure to check back......

Oh and LoisR I know you lurk over here sometimes....just wanted to say Hi!!!!!

Sorry I did not bring this up when I booked so that it may be useful here, however, for those that can sail out of Baltimore on the Mercury their exciting deals had just a 30% single supplement on most OV cabins this past Tuesday on the Oct. 18 cruise. It may be worth a look this comeing Tuesday to see what they offer as it looks like still quite a few cabins left and it appears that not too many moved during the event. BTW the fare was $909 sngl vs $699 dbl plus the same taxes and fees for each.

As a follow up to the above, someone has posted the exciting deals for tomorrow on the Celebrity board and the fare has been reduced to $599 for dbl and though they list sngl supplement as 50% it may be less as per my fare. I supposed the supplement only applies to the commissionable portion of the fare whatever that is.

Seriously considering 12/3 Norwegian Jade round-trip Barcelona with 150% single supplement. Nine days including Casablanca, Agadir, Las Palmas, Funchal, Granada and a couple of sea days. Inside as low as $974 (balcony $1499) and reasonable airfare.

Edited by heydallas

I should have logged on to Cruise Critic before I booked ! I'm paying over 3,000.00 Canadian dollars on Carnival Liberty departing Dec. 24th, an 8-day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean ! This single supplement is 3 x as much as most of y'all are paying ! It is an OV but on the lowest deck..I'm totally bummed out now !

I should have logged on to Cruise Critic before I booked ! I'm paying over 3,000.00 Canadian dollars on Carnival Liberty departing Dec. 24th, an 8-day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean ! This single supplement is 3 x as much as most of y'all are paying ! It is an OV but on the lowest deck..I'm totally bummed out now !

but u r going over xmas and new years... of course it will be more... would cruise critic saved u money for that week?

It still before final payment date, so if the price drops you can ask you TA to get the lower price for you....unless there's some different rules for Canadians. Holiday cruises are alway pricier than non-holiday cruises.

Welcome back Duane! Here's my 2cents on some of your questions:

-- While I'm somewhat of a hermit, enjoy my privacy, and very much look forward to my first cruise on which I am the only cabin occupant, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the idea of meeting a few Cruise Critic solo cruisers. You're talking to someone who totally understands that! (LOL, there's actually a post here about "is it ok to want to be alone?") This may sound lame, but when I find a cruise/price/etc that appeals to me, I check out the CC message board for that specific cruise.

Just look for a group of people that sound fun and interesting to you; by all means don't limit it to singles. I just enjoyed my two best cruises ever, and while there were singles among them, it was the group of people that made it special!

Nancy

Good advice Nancy ! I'm not really a hermit (I'll join in the fun anytime), but I sure like my own cabin ! As a Canadian, living on the West Coast, I'm paying a lot more than most Americans for my single supplement. But I chose the Christmas dates and St. Martin destination on purpose, so I guess I'll have to take it on the chin! Thanks also for the info on obtaining newsletters !