Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Seriously considering 12/3 Norwegian Jade round-trip Barcelona with 150% single supplement. Nine days including Casablanca, Agadir, Las Palmas, Funchal, Granada and a couple of sea days. Inside as low as $974 (balcony $1499) and reasonable airfare.

Hey Dyan, Welcome Back !

Great deal, thanks for posting. :)

Norwegian Sun is sailing a 5-nighter out of Pt. Canaveral on 1/8/11. The single inside gty is about $600. I'm getting it for less but we can only post the official cruiseline rate. The deposit is only $100. I haven't seen any good rates for January so I thought I'd keep this on hold and see if anything better comes up before final payment. There is also a 4-nighter leaving on 1/25/11 with good rates too. The ship will be in drydock between these 2 cruises so I guess they have these odd sailings to fill in the dates left open.

Edited by cruise pup

Last week, I booked an outside cabin on Holland America that came in at about 160% for an outside cabin for the Oct 22 Maasdam. I just priced out a 10-day that I was considering on Celebrity Millenium (October sailing to Southern Caribbean) that was priced at $799 (didn't go to the next screen to see what taxes and fees would be). I didn't want an inside and I didn't want to sail out of San Juan, but it's a darn good deal if anyone is interested. Now that I think of it, maybe it was one of their Tuesday specials and won't be that same price tomorrow.

Just thought I'd pass it along :)

Here is a GREAT deal. RCCL is offering Freedom of the Seas for a 4 day cruise to Labadee on November 28th. Total price for a single in an Inside Guarantee is just $294 and an Ocean View will run you $354.

This is great for a quick getaway. I would jump on this, but I am doing the 4 day Liberty of the Seas cruise out of Miami on the same day.

Edited by tiggerman101

A couple things: first, the studio rooms on the Norwegian Epic - that's probably been discussed here, but this thread is WAY too long to get through all the posts. They're designed for solo travelers, so there's no supplement. Right now they've got a 7-day Western Mediterranean cruise for $909 (RT Barcelona), a 14-day Caribbean cruise RT from Miami (that I would REALLY like to try to pull off for March!) for $1889, an 11-day Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona on May 7th for $1299, 7-day Eastern Caribbean for $839 and 7-day Western Caribbean for $999 (both RT Miami). (I'm kind of irritated that Western Caribbean is so much more than Eastern, for the same number of days and ports.) Note that the above prices are prior to taxes and fees. Apparently there is a 2-story "Studio Lounge" exclusively for the solo travelers in the 122 (I think that's right) studio cabins, where you can mingle, have coffee during the day and a drink at night. I wonder if anyone has done this and can provide feedback? I love traveling solo but I'm not (as someone else recently mentioned) a hermit - I love meeting other people, and I think that's one of the best things about going solo. This lounge sounds like a great idea and Norwegian seems to really be catering to solo travelers here, so I wonder how it's going. The photos of the studio lounge on Norwegian's website look a little like the common room of a college dorm, so I'm hoping it's nicer when you really see it.

I also wanted to mention some discount rates on Princess that they are not going out of their way to advertise, although you may have to be a Captain's Circle member to view them, and I think you have to be registered on their website. But if you are, and you go to "My Princess" and click on "View Deals" on the right, a few things will come up in the center. Ignore the $200 off special, I don't think that's a great deal. But there's also a Captain's Circle September Newsletter - if you click on that and scroll down, you'll see an icon for "Caribbean Sale" - that will take you to some really low prices on cruises through the rest of the year & early 2011. Princess almost invariably has a 200% supplement, but some of the prices are so low that they're still a good deal. For instance, 7-day Southern Caribbean RT San Juan for $798 interior, $998 oceanview, $1198 balcony - fees & taxes only $57.40. Same prices for 7-day Western Caribbean RT Fort Lauderdale, not much higher for Eastern Caribbean, and also great deals on 10 & 14-day Caribbean cruises. (If I weren't already booked for a Canada/NE cruise with them in October, I'd be all over it!) Their 8-day NY to San Juan repositioniong cruise on Oct. 23 on the Caribbean Princess is also under $1000 for an interior cabin. (If only I could stay on the ship!)

Finally - I know we can't name specific websites here, but I've found some great deals through a link on THIS website (I can mention this one, right?) - there is an article on solo cruising here at CC - http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 - and under "Singles Cruises," the second link listed has a section of deals for solo travelers. I want to clarify that despite the description on CC, this is NOT just for "singles" cruises, but any solo travelers - the bargains are listed according to the low (usually under 50%) single supp, and there are tons of really, really amazing deals, for anyone who hasn't discovered that yet.

So that's what I have to share for now. And BTW, I've still never seen Bermuda - my first Caribbean cruise was supposed to stop there but couldn't because of bad weather - and I'd love to do that next summer, just a little 5 or 7-day cruise out of NY or NJ or Baltimore or whatever - but I can't seem to find any without a full or nearly 200% single supp, so if anyone finds any deals on something like that, please post!

Here is a GREAT deal. RCCL is offering Freedom of the Seas for a 4 day cruise to Labadee on November 28th. Total price for a single in an Inside Guarantee is just $294 and an Ocean View will run you $354.

This is great for a quick getaway. I would jump on this, but I am doing the 4 day Liberty of the Seas cruise out of Miami on the same day.

Thanks for posting this great deal - thinking very seriously about booking it.

Hi..getting ready to book 6 day cruise from Bayonne on 10/24 to San Juan (repositioning cruise). Itinerary includes 2 days in Bermuda and 1 day in St. Thomas. Price quoted for solo on 2A cabin is $774.11. Price quote for Cat 7 Oceanview is $574.01. Thinking of the balcony cabin as it is on deck 7. Checked airfare rates home and rate is $187. which is non-stop.

Bernadette

What are you waiting for? Take it off courtesy hold and do it! Great combination with Grandeur!

Trying to decide if I want to do a 7 or 4 day cruise before Grandeur. Lots of great deals the last week of October. Im booking something tomorrow..:D

Got an oceanview on Grandeur for $317 total, so Im still excited about that fare.

Tiggerman - THANKS for the heads up on this deal. I was able to book a balcony for the same price as the oceanview with my Diamond Discount.

WooooHooooo taking my 2nd solo cruise.

Tiggerman - THANKS for the heads up on this deal. I was able to book a balcony for the same price as the oceanview with my Diamond Discount.

WooooHooooo taking my 2nd solo cruise.

No problem and I am very glad to help. I would have jumped on it myself, but like I said, I am doing Liberty of the Seas on the same day. It goes to Cozumel on it's four day run. Personally, I would have taken the Freedom deal and gone to Labadee but I have already paid for the flight to Miami. For what it is worth, the Liberty is still a pretty good deal as well. I think it is a great price especially when you consider the ships.

A couple things: first, the studio rooms on the Norwegian Epic - that's probably been discussed here, but this thread is WAY too long to get through all the posts. They're designed for solo travelers, so there's no supplement. Right now they've got a 7-day Western Mediterranean cruise for $909 (RT Barcelona), a 14-day Caribbean cruise RT from Miami (that I would REALLY like to try to pull off for March!) for $1889, an 11-day Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona on May 7th for $1299, 7-day Eastern Caribbean for $839 and 7-day Western Caribbean for $999 (both RT Miami). (I'm kind of irritated that Western Caribbean is so much more than Eastern, for the same number of days and ports.) Note that the above prices are prior to taxes and fees. Apparently there is a 2-story "Studio Lounge" exclusively for the solo travelers in the 122 (I think that's right) studio cabins, where you can mingle, have coffee during the day and a drink at night. I wonder if anyone has done this and can provide feedback? I love traveling solo but I'm not (as someone else recently mentioned) a hermit - I love meeting other people, and I think that's one of the best things about going solo. This lounge sounds like a great idea and Norwegian seems to really be catering to solo travelers here, so I wonder how it's going. The photos of the studio lounge on Norwegian's website look a little like the common room of a college dorm, so I'm hoping it's nicer when you really see it.

I also wanted to mention some discount rates on Princess that they are not going out of their way to advertise, although you may have to be a Captain's Circle member to view them, and I think you have to be registered on their website. But if you are, and you go to "My Princess" and click on "View Deals" on the right, a few things will come up in the center. Ignore the $200 off special, I don't think that's a great deal. But there's also a Captain's Circle September Newsletter - if you click on that and scroll down, you'll see an icon for "Caribbean Sale" - that will take you to some really low prices on cruises through the rest of the year & early 2011. Princess almost invariably has a 200% supplement, but some of the prices are so low that they're still a good deal. For instance, 7-day Southern Caribbean RT San Juan for $798 interior, $998 oceanview, $1198 balcony - fees & taxes only $57.40. Same prices for 7-day Western Caribbean RT Fort Lauderdale, not much higher for Eastern Caribbean, and also great deals on 10 & 14-day Caribbean cruises. (If I weren't already booked for a Canada/NE cruise with them in October, I'd be all over it!) Their 8-day NY to San Juan repositioniong cruise on Oct. 23 on the Caribbean Princess is also under $1000 for an interior cabin. (If only I could stay on the ship!)

Finally - I know we can't name specific websites here, but I've found some great deals through a link on THIS website (I can mention this one, right?) - there is an article on solo cruising here at CC - http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 - and under "Singles Cruises," the second link listed has a section of deals for solo travelers. I want to clarify that despite the description on CC, this is NOT just for "singles" cruises, but any solo travelers - the bargains are listed according to the low (usually under 50%) single supp, and there are tons of really, really amazing deals, for anyone who hasn't discovered that yet.

So that's what I have to share for now. And BTW, I've still never seen Bermuda - my first Caribbean cruise was supposed to stop there but couldn't because of bad weather - and I'd love to do that next summer, just a little 5 or 7-day cruise out of NY or NJ or Baltimore or whatever - but I can't seem to find any without a full or nearly 200% single supp, so if anyone finds any deals on something like that, please post!

Last year I got the Celebrity Summit in May to Bermuda for around $850.00 for the entire cabin inclusive of taxes and port fees. The itinerary puts you in Bermuda for three days and the weather on my trip was fabulous....look at those early Summit sailings for 2011...i think prices will come down....

I will be on summit April 30 San Juan to Bayonne...again the whole room is around $950.00 and that is for an 8 day cruise...... That ship stops in Bermuda on the way back ffrom the Carribean...I thought it was a great deal......

Last year I got the Celebrity Summit in May to Bermuda for around $850.00 for the entire cabin inclusive of taxes and port fees. The itinerary puts you in Bermuda for three days and the weather on my trip was fabulous....look at those early Summit sailings for 2011...i think prices will come down....

I will be on summit April 30 San Juan to Bayonne...again the whole room is around $950.00 and that is for an 8 day cruise...... That ship stops in Bermuda on the way back ffrom the Carribean...I thought it was a great deal......

Thanks for the info! As for Celebrity to Bermuda - right now the cheapest to Bermuda is over $1100 - and that's before fees & taxes - and it's May 8th, which will be too chilly for me. I'd love to go in July, or June at the earliest - I'd like to be able to swim, and I was even chilly on the top deck of the ship down in the Caribbean in early May! I know it's more expensive in July, but I'll keep my eye out for deals between now and then. I signed up for Celebrity's emails.

That's a great deal on your April cruise - I'm looking to do something tropical in March or April so it's actually tempting, except I've done eastern Caribbean (& most of those ports) the past two years, so I'm looking for southern or western Caribbean this time. But $950 for 8 days is such a great deal, especially since I'd only need airfare one-way. Most of the deals posted on this thread are RT from FL, so I'd need to fly RT too, which makes a lot of the deals not so good.

Owners Suite on the NCL Spirit (a smaller sized ship). Got it for one person for 7 days NOLA schedule in Dec 2011 for $4800. Paying for a second person who will not be there :o But it comes with solo cruising sometimes.

Take care,

Owners Suite on the NCL Spirit (a smaller sized ship). Got it for one person for 7 days NOLA schedule in Dec 2011 for $4800. Paying for a second person who will not be there :o But it comes with solo cruising sometimes.

Take care,

Wow! I won't say it's a great deal, but Spirit is my favorite cruiseship. Military must pay more than I thought....lol!

Not necessarily solo bargains, just great bargains, Period! Celebrity Century 4 days Nov. 18 from Miami, single inside $279. Celebrity Summit repo Bayonne to San Juan Oct. 24 (6 nights): OV $459. I got what I thought was a good rate on the next week, Oct. 30 from San Juan, and prices dropped so I now have a balcony for $60 more. EM

This must be Celebrity days. :rolleyes:

Celebrity also has great prices on Summit for 7 day sailings out of San Juan. I got a midship oceanview cabin, with $80 OBC (through a TA), for the Dec. 4 sailing. If you subtract the $80 OBC, I'm paying just over $100 a night for single occupancy oceanview (not obstructed) on Celebrity!

And it's not some repo cruise, it's 5 of the best ports in the Caribbean (six including San Juan), then a sea day at the end.

I'm staying in San Juan for 2 nights post cruise, in a charming Old San Juan hotel for $100 a night.

BTW, Dec. is a great time to sail the Caribbean ;) ... no hurricanes, and the ports are decorated with their H o l i d a y s trimmings; and so is the ship.

Come join me! :)