Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I don't usually post on this Board. Periodocally I travel solo so find it interesting.

The Oct. 2 Zaandam Sailing out of Vancouver to Hawaii and back to San Diego is going cheap. I booked this with my Dad.

It is a 15 night cruise. Single Price Inside Cabin starting out at $1814

Depending on where you live it could be a good deal.

Gail

I don't usually post on this Board. Periodocally I travel solo so find it interesting.

The Oct. 2 Zaandam Sailing out of Vancouver to Hawaii and back to San Diego is going cheap. I booked this with my Dad.

It is a 15 night cruise. Single Price Inside Cabin starting out at $1814

Depending on where you live it could be a good deal.

Gail

You could probably board on Oct 1 in Seattle. It's listed as a separate 1 day cruise starting at $39. per person double occupancy.

Lusitano- can you tell me how you found this one and how you knew that it has a $0 supplement for solo- i can't seem to see that anywhere. Thanks

The rates are even lower if you are 55 or older. RCCL is offering a Senior discount on this cruise. Just look on RCCL's website.

The rates are even lower if you are 55 or older. RCCL is offering a Senior discount on this cruise. Just look on RCCL's website.

I am solo, over 55 yrs. and Diamond C&A. Between the multiple discounts RCCL offered, I was able to obtain a GS for $775 total, including all taxes, on that Grandeur repositioning Lusitano referred to (thanks for that post!).

I am one happy solo senior sailor.:D

You could probably board on Oct 1 in Seattle. It's listed as a separate 1 day cruise starting at $39. per person double occupancy.

I originally tried that, but it is in violation of the Passenger Vessels Act.

Believe me it gets confusing! I totally hate this law!

The taxes on the $39 a day cruise or two it was going to be $234.00

or the one day cruise. I don't know what it would be for one.

Gail

I saw this too, it is a great deal on the Grandure of the Seas. I got a rate of $450 single 200% rate for last years Enchantment of the Seas 8 night trip to Panama; everything was simply outstanding!! Also, Spirit airlines is a cheap way to get back from Panama.

The $65. fare to FLL becomes $144. with taxes. Then add luggage fee. Then you need a hotel room because there are no flights on the 7th. It really adds up. The fare to NYC is very expensive.

I'll likely either use Spirit (and pack lightly) ;), or use miles which could be combined with the Grandeur TA to Europe in April out of Colon. BTW, it appears that the $144 includes the Panama departure tax, which many Central American countries collect at the airport. Thanks for the info !! :)

I'll likely either use Spirit (and pack lightly) ;), or use miles which could be combined with the Grandeur TA to Europe in April out of Colon. BTW, it appears that the $144 includes the Panama departure tax, which many Central American countries collect at the airport. Thanks for the info !! :)

Don't forget to tack on $30 each way you fly on Spirit above there total because that is what they now charge for Carry On

Edited by jmsnyc

I am solo, over 55 yrs. and Diamond C&A. Between the multiple discounts RCCL offered, I was able to obtain a GS for $775 total, including all taxes, on that Grandeur repositioning Lusitano referred to (thanks for that post!).

I am one happy solo senior sailor.:D

Is that just for the cruise or do you have to find air and a hotel coming back to NYC?

Just booked RCC Mariner of the Seas 7 day out of LA on 8/29. Today is their Tuesday's sales event. Single Supplement for balcony came out to about 160% though brochure listed single supplement as 175%. I believe inside cabin is also on sale but not plain Oceanview

Here is link again for brochure

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Just booked RCC Mariner of the Seas 7 day out of LA on 8/29. Today is their Tuesday's sales event. Single Supplement for balcony came out to about 160% though brochure listed single supplement as 175%. I believe inside cabin is also on sale but not plain Oceanview

Here is link again for brochure

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Interesting that on the August 29, 2010, Mariner sailing there is also a single occupancy Residency Rate (I entered California), for a D-3 Balcony cabin @ a base rate of $999 and a total rate including taxes of $1058.28. This would be reduced by any Crown and Anchor balcony discounts if the passenger is eligible.

Edited by jjb415

Interesting that on the August 29, 2010, Mariner sailing there is also a single occupancy Residency Rate (I entered California), for a D-3 Balcony cabin @ a base rate of $999 and a total rate including taxes of $1058.28. This would be reduced by any Crown and Anchor balcony discounts if the passenger is eligible.

How many cruises does one need before Crown & Anchor can get you a discount?

How many cruises does one need before Crown & Anchor can get you a discount?

Balcony discounts start at the Platinum level after 5 cruise credits and increase after 10 cruise credits at the Diamond level.

Balcony discounts start at the Platinum level after 5 cruise credits and increase after 10 cruise credits at the Diamond level.

Wow, 6 cruises with Carnival and no frequent cruiser club :(

Is it one credit per cruise on Royal?

Nice pricing. Was this from online cruise agency or Celebrity direct? Thanks.

The ONLY single/solo supplement bargains allowed in this thread are those directly with the cruise lines. No online or brick & mortar agency bargains are allowed in this or any other thread on this or any other forum.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Hey all,

Just wanted everyone to know there's freaky good pricing for the 4-day 11/22 sailing of the Majesty of the Seas (leaves on a Monday, returns on the Friday after Thanksgiving). Stops are in the Bahamas and Key West.

I'm sailing solo, and got an OV cabin for $389, which includes all of the taxes and port fees! I know it's pretty much gospel that fares during holiday weeks are typically way higher than the normal fares, so this really amazed me! I think fares for 2 people in an OV came out to just under $300 per person (includes taxes).

I guess it depends on what state you live in.....I live in FL, but my TA found out that there's a bunch of other states that had even slightly BETTER pricing! And, she managed to do even better for me than the website, since she also got me a $50 OBC! How cool is that?

I'm on deck 8 (sailed before on MOTS on deck 7), about 2/3 back aft, which is pretty cool since it's real close to the Spectrum bar.....which is usually where karaoke is. I love me some karaoke, so it'll be a nice short crawl back to my cabin! :D

I also think I'll like being on deck 8 better, since when I was on deck 7, it was a little disconcerting to have everyone walking past my window on the Promenade deck. :eek:

I'm pretty geeked about the whole thing, particularly since sailing solo in general gets SO expensive!

Hope some other folks can take advantage of this sailing. I'm trying to see if I can get some of my other friends to go, but I doubt it'll happen. Would be cool to get a bunch of solo/singles to hang out though! PM me if you're interested in doing a meetup!

Wow, 6 cruises with Carnival and no frequent cruiser club :(

Is it one credit per cruise on Royal?

Yeah, and an extra credit on cruises of 12 days or more and an extra one when sailing in a Junior Suite or above. It is a good loyalty program, IMHO.

Hey all,

Just wanted everyone to know there's freaky good pricing for the 4-day 11/22 sailing of the Majesty of the Seas (leaves on a Monday, returns on the Friday after Thanksgiving). Stops are in the Bahamas and Key West.

I'm sailing solo, and got an OV cabin for $389, which includes all of the taxes and port fees! I know it's pretty much gospel that fares during holiday weeks are typically way higher than the normal fares, so this really amazed me! I think fares for 2 people in an OV came out to just under $300 per person (includes taxes).

I guess it depends on what state you live in.....I live in FL, but my TA found out that there's a bunch of other states that had even slightly BETTER pricing! And, she managed to do even better for me than the website, since she also got me a $50 OBC! How cool is that?

I'm on deck 8 (sailed before on MOTS on deck 7), about 2/3 back aft, which is pretty cool since it's real close to the Spectrum bar.....which is usually where karaoke is. I love me some karaoke, so it'll be a nice short crawl back to my cabin! :D

I also think I'll like being on deck 8 better, since when I was on deck 7, it was a little disconcerting to have everyone walking past my window on the Promenade deck. :eek:

I'm pretty geeked about the whole thing, particularly since sailing solo in general gets SO expensive!

Hope some other folks can take advantage of this sailing. I'm trying to see if I can get some of my other friends to go, but I doubt it'll happen. Would be cool to get a bunch of solo/singles to hang out though! PM me if you're interested in doing a meetup!

Majesty is such a wonderful little ship! It's the one that got me addicted wanting more and more and more. My son turns 40 on Thanksgiving this year so will be travelling instead to Tennessee to celebrate. Have fun and meet great possible friends for life on your cruise!

Just found this Norwegian special

Single supp 25% on

N Jade 12/03/10 Europe

N. Jewel Bahamas & Fla from NYC until -Aug 28, 2010

Code: PGSGL125

Does not work on line so try calling and agent or NCL

Thanks for posting, low supplements like that on NCL are pretty rare. I hope that we can find more of them. :)

Saw solo rate for Jewel of the Seas for this Fall...senior special...about 141%....then if you're Diamond/+, that's another $300 off a Balcony.....could cruise for 7 days for $1000 solo in a Balcony. They sail out of Boston.

Just thought I'd share.. :D