Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

You also have to consider tacking onto the price of the cruise for visas, excursions, flights, laundry, drinks, dinners, etc. Could get pretty pricey for 70 days of sailing. It's a dream for most! Hope you can make it if that is your dream.

In addition $700 plus just in tips. :eek:

Is there an Outside Gar with a lower Supp, behaps if you booked that you might have a slight chance of an upgrade and if not an outside if the price is right might not be too bad.

I bet you are a Wildcat fan. LOL. I am originally form Louisville. :eek:

Have we been on a cruise together? I noticed I'm listed as a friend. I do live in Tampa, maybe we'll need to meet up. I'll check this thread out after you return for a response. Also, can you give me some info on PBS cruise on the Oasis?

Previously I had posted on this board a long time ago.

My next trip is to Norway on the Vision of the Seas in August for 11 nights.

There was no single supplement, but catching the itinerary almost as soon as it came up for sale gave me a great price for a corner veranda, which I wanted for the fjords. There are insides now for more then I paid.

Anyway, my travel agent has suggested Regent, Crystal and Seabourn. Although these are the "high end" cruise lines, they have many salings, apparently with 0%.

So, where is evryone off to???

I am also going to the Antarctica next February, because I want to go before the large ships are banned from there the following year.

Happy travels to all, from sunny Sarasota, FL.

Carolyn

Thank you Cruise Pup for the information on Caribbean Princess, Oct 23 from NYC to SJU. 150% is OK; several new ports for me including Bermuda. :)

You're welcome the 150% plus the free upgrade to outside obstruction is really good. I love Bermuda. The return cruise from San Juan which I took last May also stopped there. One day there isn't enough but it's a start. I was also in Bermuda around Halloween about 10 years ago and the weather was great. Water was still warm enough at the beach for swimming.

Have we been on a cruise together? I noticed I'm listed as a friend. I do live in Tampa, maybe we'll need to meet up. I'll check this thread out after you return for a response. Also, can you give me some info on PBS cruise on the Oasis?

I don't believe I have met you, not sure how you showed up as being listed as a friend (not saying that in a bad way of course). The PBS was formed by some women for fun. I believe they have a website. Of course they bring their Pink Boa's on the ships and wear them on certain occasions. Some of the guys may wear a pink polo shirt on the sail away day and maybe a pink tie or something later when the women wear the Boa's.

Here is the website, all the infor you need is there.

http://www.pinkboasociety.com/

I live in South Tampa for now but will be moving back to the Midwest at the end of the year.

Edited by snowbird1

Hi, everyone, I need to pick your brains, please.

Explorer of the Seas - out of Bayonne, 9/11/10 - Cat H (OV) $984.07 (five night Bermuda) - single occupancy - is this a good price?

Cat N is 810.07. Both prices are total.

There are less expensive cruises out of my area, however, I won't sail north, and won't leave out of NY/NJ in the colder months. And I don't want to fly, if I can help it (mostly because it will cost more).

Any opinions? Suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Donna

Explorer of the Seas - out of Bayonne, 9/11/10 - Cat H (OV) $984.07 (five night Bermuda) - single occupancy - is this a good price?

There are less expensive cruises out of my area, however, I won't sail north, and won't leave out of NY/NJ in the colder months. And I don't want to fly, if I can help it (mostly because it will cost more).

Donna

How about Baltimore, have you thought about that option?

Donna

I have taken a few 8-day Carnival Miracle cruises out of NY for between $1,000 and 1,200 and it's an 8 day cruise. But you have to watch for the 1A cabins. The total cost is a little more but the per day cost is much cheaper. Actually I was checking an on-line site and saw an 8 day cruise on the Miracle from 5/31/10 - 6/8/10 for $789 + taxes/fees.

I know mine is only 5 days, but it is an outside. I'm paying approx. $196 per day to go alone. Ouch - that hurts, but you do what you have to do. I haven't sailed at all last year and this will probably be my only vacation this year. Wish it could be longer....:(

What I want to know, is this a good price for a solo outside cabin? :confused: Does anyone know? It seems expensive to me, but I may be comparing it to double occupancy...

IS category solo is $1260 for 5/31!

That's still 200% but I guess an affordable 200%. You can also get this rate as a past guest and get an assigned 4E cabin (you pay for a 4A and get upgraded). Even better for another $20. you'll be assigned to a 4K which are the obstructed view staterooms on the Main Deck. Since it's rare they'll upgrade you to an outside with an IS booking (or so I've been told). I think the extra $20. makes sense. I'd consider it but I'm on the 6/10 Glory sailing (but that was a 1A for $450.).

Edited by cruise pup

That's still 200% but I guess an affordable 200%. You can also get this rate as a past guest and get an assigned 4E cabin (you pay for a 4A and get upgraded). Even better for another $20. you'll be assigned to a 4K which are the obstructed view staterooms on the Main Deck. Since it's rare they'll upgrade you to an outside with an IS booking (or so I've been told). I think the extra $20. makes sense. I'd consider it but I'm on the 6/10 Glory sailing (but that was a 1A for $450.).

I just noticed the price for a 1A single for the corresponding 2011 sailing is around the same price, so it would appear that the IS rate is a good deal.

I know mine is only 5 days, but it is an outside. I'm paying approx. $196 per day to go alone. Ouch - that hurts, but you do what you have to do. I haven't sailed at all last year and this will probably be my only vacation this year. Wish it could be longer....:(

What I want to know, is this a good price for a solo outside cabin? :confused: Does anyone know? It seems expensive to me, but I may be comparing it to double occupancy...

I just did the Celebrity Summit out of the same port in a great inside cabin for $897.00 including taxes and port charges. You won't find it during the height of the summer but I think September should have some good prices....Also NCL Dawn out of NYC to Bermuda has some great deals in early September.....

Right now the NCL Jewel has only a 25% supplement for a guarantee category for 6/12. Insides are $624, Outsides are $686 and Balconies are $999.

Thanks! Can't make it but there's a similar deal for the 6/19 sailing. I love the Jewel . I did a t/a on it las September. I'll be heading right to the spa to get a pass for cruise.