Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I posted this as a new thread...wrong spot.

For some sailings this Fall on Jewel.....great Senior rates solo. Wish I could go, but have to pay for my January cruise first.

The cruise is out of Boston which is perfect for me because I wouldn't have to fly. Just a cheap bus ride...:D

I'm leaning more towards departure ports where I don't have to get a flight, sure cuts down on the cost of the cruise...and I'd like to stick to X or RCI to attain Diamond Plus status. With already being Diamond, there's a great balcony discount....so if the base rate is low, then a balcony becomes an even better deal. Have to look at all the deals....:D

I posted this as a new thread...wrong spot.

For some sailings this Fall on Jewel.....great Senior rates solo. Wish I could go, but have to pay for my January cruise first.

The cruise is out of Boston which is perfect for me because I wouldn't have to fly. Just a cheap bus ride...:D

I'm leaning more towards departure ports where I don't have to get a flight, sure cuts down on the cost of the cruise...and I'd like to stick to X or RCI to attain Diamond Plus status. With already being Diamond, there's a great balcony discount....so if the base rate is low, then a balcony becomes an even better deal. Have to look at all the deals....:D

I have been looking at this too Joyce and have even been pricing air fare. Would want to spend a couple of nights in Boston and the hotels are expensive. Great itinerary though and really a good deal.

13 nights balcony solo $2099C, OV solo $1569C, inside solo $1349C , all resident rates , plus $107C tax.

I'm new to this site, and love all of the good posts regarding discounts. I was a bit discouraged with Carnival now changing 200%, to see there are options for us solo travellers.

I'm retiring in April 2011, and was wondering if anyone has heard or seen good deals in May - August 2011? I', already booked on the Liberty Nov. 2011. Boy am I glad I booked before the rate increase.

I am a CA resident.

PJ

A lot of great information here. Almost 65,000 people have

viewed this thread since June. Seems like a there are a lot more

solo cruisers then the cruise lines are willing to admit to.

I know all the cruise lines now know about this site.

Maybe some of them will rethink their position when

they see how many people are interested and continually

checking the different lines to get the best solo rates.

Seems to me Carnival may be affected the most, as

far as possibly losing customers that have

sailed exclusively on Carnival.

Just my humble opinion...

:) :cool: :o :rolleyes:

I just booked a Florida resident special, sailing for 4-nts on Radiance of the Seas 12/02/10 balcony guarantee for $484.00. Then I remembered that there was a diamond plus discount and ended up paying $359.00. Sailing solo, I never thought I would ever be able to afford a balcony again.

Booked RCCL Liberty OS for 9/19 in an E1 Balcony for $1130 inclusive. PP rate was $749 so did not pay 200% sgl sup. Got $200 off with Diamond discount so I ended up paying $930. I will get another $100 through an agency cash back offer when I return. (cash back offer no longer avail). I believe they currently have a bal gty for $699pp but they usually don't let sgls book a gty. Good prices in all cats still left for this sailing.

Also recently booked Majesty for a 4 night Bahamas over Thanksgiving 11/22-26. Cat F2 OV & scored one of the few non-obstructed cabins. (only a handful of these on deck 5/6) Paid $410.72 inclusive. PP rate was $229 so did not pay 200% sgl sup. They also still have good rates for a 3 day Xmas sailing that I may book onboard when I go on my Sept cruise.

Live in FTL & retired so easy for me to book last minute. Am a PG on all of the major lines so I can usually score some kind of special rate. Rarely pay full sgl sup on RCCL so I tend to gravitate to that line.

Just booked RCC Mariner of the Seas 7 day out of LA on 8/29. Today is their Tuesday's sales event. Single Supplement for balcony came out to about 160% though brochure listed single supplement as 175%. I believe inside cabin is also on sale but not plain Oceanview

Here is link again for brochure

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Can this be found on RCCL web site? I was unable to locate their Tuesdays sales event. I really want to cruise on the Mariner before she leaves CA. Thank you!

Can this be found on RCCL web site? I was unable to locate their Tuesdays sales event. I really want to cruise on the Mariner before she leaves CA. Thank you!

Using the brochure as a guide you can see that the Mariner only has one sale cruise I believe. These cruises will be on Royal Carib site my tomorrow (actually later today) morning

Using the brochure as a guide you can see that the Mariner only has one sale cruise I believe. These cruises will be on Royal Carib site my tomorrow (actually later today) morning

The link that jms provided is working for me. SoCalCruiser, if you are interested in booking a Tuesday special, just book at www.royalcaribbean.com on Tuesday where they are listed as "Sales Event Pricing".

Unfortunately, Mariner solo deals have been few since spring, but, lets hope for some great prices soon. ;)

The 8/29 sailing appears to be sold out on the Royal Carribean site.

Yes I booked that one about a month ago. It was on sale for awhile. I missed it one Tuesday and waited for the next Tuesday.

Some major travel sites also offer promos combined with the sale like free onboard credits or prepaid gratuities. Still have to book Tuesday.

One of my co-workers told me to check out the RCCL website for some great rates. Even with the 200%, I priced some of the short four day cruises under $100 a day!

When I get to work, going to see if anyone is off the first week in November and try to take a quick cruise before my big one!!!

Carnival wants twice as much for almost the same ports.

One of my co-workers told me to check out the RCCL website for some great rates. Even with the 200%, I priced some of the short four day cruises under $100 a day!

When I get to work, going to see if anyone is off the first week in November and try to take a quick cruise before my big one!!!

Carnival wants twice as much for almost the same ports.

The November 1, 2010, sailing of the Grandeur of the Seas still has some great rates. The trip starts in Fort Lauderdale and ends in Colon, Panama. When originally posted there was no single supplement, but, I think has changed now.

Let us know what you find !! :)

The link that jms provided is working for me. SoCalCruiser, if you are interested in booking a Tuesday special, just book at www.royalcaribbean.com on Tuesday where they are listed as "Sales Event Pricing".

Unfortunately, Mariner solo deals have been few since spring, but, lets hope for some great prices soon. ;)

Thank you Jack. I hope we do find some great solo deals for the Mariner soon. I really want to go on this cruise before she leaves Cali. ;) Some friends are going on a different cruise with me in December and I am unable to find anyone else who is able to go on a cruise before the Mariner leaves. Here's to some great solo prices.