Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

For the Celebrity happy hour specials you can click on "specials" at the website but they will only appear on Tuesday. It usually says something like "1 day special". There was a terrific deal this past Tuesday on the Summit for January 16. A category 9 inside single was $439.00 plus fees, I think. It was like $200. less than I paid. However the airfares to San Juan are difficult to find for that date now. So I saved by booking the cruise earlier and locking in a cheap airfare. Celebrity will not do refunds or obc's for difference with a happy hour special.

There is another Tuesday special on Dec 29th- Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore for $544. Solo occupancy 150% so total $816 not including taxes. 12 day cruise.

There is another Tuesday special on Dec 29th- Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore for $544. Solo occupancy 150% so total $816 not including taxes. 12 day cruise.

Hi Maryann,

I too was looking at the 12 day Mercury sailing on Feb 1. I just called to check pricing and availability. The happy hour pricing for a solo Cat 9 is $770.57 total (includes port taxes). Needless to say, I booked it. Anyone who can get to Baltimore without the hassle of air fare should consider it.

Mike

Hi Maryann,

I too was looking at the 12 day Mercury sailing on Feb 1. I just called to check pricing and availability. The happy hour pricing for a solo Cat 9 is $770.57 total (includes port taxes). Needless to say, I booked it. Anyone who can get to Baltimore without the hassle of air fare should consider it.

Mike

Wow, that's a great deal. If I didn't have a cruise booked for January, I would book it.

The Royal Caribbean website is showing the Mariner of the Seas, March 7, 2010, 7-day Mexican Riviera, Single Guarantee fare as a total of $645.53.

Price Breakdown Guest 1

Cruise Fare $589.00 USD

Taxes/Fees $56.53 USD

Package Total $645.53 USD

Rates may be the same or close for the March 14, 2010, sailing.

Hi Maryann,

Mike

Just checked the website and it is gone.

Hi Maryann,

Mike

Congratulations Mike. I am going on the Elation Panama Canal cruise on April 30th so am not booking anything until then but can't stop looking. I just phoned Celebrity and they now quote $2000 odd for a solo so you got a really good deal. Hope you have a good time.

Hi Vince. There were a lot of solos on The Carnival Dream transatlantic, including Mike and it was a great crossing. Also met Joyce from Ottawa and she was on my table. You were right we hit it off straight away.

Hi All,

RCCL has some good rates on the 4-7 & 4-14 sailings right now. Also a little something I just learned is that to qualify for their military discounts all you need is a DD-214 that says you served at least 2 years and recieved an honorable discharge ... no need to be on active duty now. It's been over three decades since I served and I get the discount!

Happy hunting to everybody!

Rich :)

Congratulations Mike. I am going on the Elation Panama Canal cruise on April 30th so am not booking anything until then but can't stop looking. I just phoned Celebrity and they now quote $2000 odd for a solo so you got a really good deal. Hope you have a good time.

Hi Vince. There were a lot of solos on The Carnival Dream transatlantic, including Mike and it was a great crossing. Also met Joyce from Ottawa and she was on my table. You were right we hit it off straight away.

Great to hear, didn't you hit some high seas coming back? The Oasis was coming across around the same time and did hit very rough seas.

So when is the next TA?

Great to hear, didn't you hit some high seas coming back? The Oasis was coming across around the same time and did hit very rough seas.

So when is the next TA?

Hoping to book the Magic TA when we get the dates for next year. This Fall I will probably wait and see what I can get for a good price.

The sea got rough between Bermuda and New York otherwise was calm all the way.

This may only be applicable to UK passengers, however I'm posting this information as I'm absoultely amazed at the price I got for the cruise I booked this morning.

MSC have waived single supplements on some cruises and heavily discounted the fares too. I booked the 16 night Orchestra repositioning voyage from Santos in brazil to Dover in the UK. I got the highest category of balcony cabin (cat 11). the fare was £1,450 including a BA flight from heathrow to Sao paolo! The full brochure price with the normal 100% single supplement is £8,198. even the promotional Prima (early booking) price would have been £4,098. If I were buying the one way fare direct from BA it would cost be £947. I know MSC get a deal from British Airways so won't be paying this much but even so - unbelievable price.

Please note that MSC is an European (Italian) cruise line and does not suit everyone. If you don't mind a cruise that is not mainstream American and find different ways of doing things interesting. like classical music, different cultures and aren't looking to party 24/7, you may well find an equally good bargain.

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a good solo price for anytime in Jan-March. I have done lots of research and found only 2 that I would feel somewhat comfortable since this would be my first time cruising alone. The first was the Celebrity Century 5 day cruise leaving Feb 6th for under $600.oo including all port charges, the second is Disney on the 7 day Western sailing leaving Feb 6th for under $1200.00 port charges included.

I have been trying to find somewhere here where there might be a solo cruiser get together so to speak but came up unsuccessful.

I am taking my little ones in August on the Spirit and they are so excited but right now I'm feeling the 4 feet of snow and need to get out of this winter dreary.

Thanks in advance

Maria

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a good solo price for anytime in Jan-March. I have done lots of research and found only 2 that I would feel somewhat comfortable since this would be my first time cruising alone. The first was the Celebrity Century 5 day cruise leaving Feb 6th for under $600.oo including all port charges, the second is Disney on the 7 day Western sailing leaving Feb 6th for under $1200.00 port charges included.

I have been trying to find somewhere here where there might be a solo cruiser get together so to speak but came up unsuccessful.

I am taking my little ones in August on the Spirit and they are so excited but right now I'm feeling the 4 feet of snow and need to get out of this winter dreary.

Thanks in advance

Maria

Hi Maria:) I sail solo all the time and have been on Century 5 times.

She is a lovely ship:D. I can't comment on Disney because I have never sailed with them.

To be honest, although I always sail solo I never attend "singles events".

I think Celebrity offers them but I can't give you first hand info because

its not something I attend.

The staff and crew are terrific and I always feel very welcomed.

Did you check the roll call forum for your cruise? That is always a nice way to meet other folks:).

If you have any other questions I will be glad to try and help. I have been sailing with Celebrity for almost 7 years now and I love their product:)

I've been on Celebrity 6 times, but not the Century. They did have some solo traveler gatherings -- in a couple of cases well attended, in some other cases complete flops. Celebrity is a great line if you like good food, excellent service, and a slightly older (than Princess/RCCL) crowd. I'm not a party gal (I'd rather be up early to go Scuba diving!), so Celebrity is fine for me.

Susanne

Hi

Thanks so much. I can take the 5 day Western with air for around $1000.00 but I'm having problems with air time arrivals. I just looked into the Norwegian Spirit on Jan 31st and I can get air & cruise for $1245.00 leaving from NY. Do you think this is a good price? I wish I had someone I could grab to go on the April Canary Island cruise. OMG they have a 9 day with air for 2 for $2100.00 Ocean view. That is my dream cruise. I tried to talk the honey into it but he can't get the time off...UggHHH.

Thanks again for all your help.

Maria

Lois>>Are you getting ready to sail away again soon? Have fun (as if you won't??)..

Yes, I leave here one week from today:Dthanks for asking.

I sail one week from Saturday:)

Hi, all...

I've booked the 14-night TA (Brazil to Barcelona) on RCCL's Splendour of the Seas, leaving Santos (Sao Paolo) on March 20. Currently, an inside cabin is only $448pp (plus SS). I booked a balcony, which was still a bargain.:D

Just thought I'd pass along this for anyone looking to do a TA via the long route...

I know it's through the cruiselines themselves, but do you have to search every itinerary and sailing, or will a cruise consultant-type person from the cruiseline find them for you if you ask?

Hi:) I book directly through the cruiseline. I just check prices and figure out what I can afford;)

Some people prefer using a Travel Agent. Just depends on the individual.

I prefer doing things on my own.....I don't have a TA but if I did they probably would get sick of me:eek:....if I want to find out things,

calling them all the time....I sail about 3 times a year and so I do enjoy researching stuff on my own.

Edited by Lois R

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is that if you contact someone at the cruiseline and ask if they have any sailings where the single supplement is less than 200%, will they be able (or willing) to tell you about specific sailings?

I guess what I'm trying to ascertain is that if you contact someone at the cruiseline and ask if they have any sailings where the single supplement is less than 200%, will they be able (or willing) to tell you about specific sailings?

Hi again:) well Celebrity does have Tuesday specials. New bookings only

and you have to book it on that day. Sometimes they offer 150%/175% supplements on those specials.

Call them on Tuesday and see what they are offering.

But thankfully if I find something in my price range I book it even if it is the full supplement.

I just booked my first solo. After 17 cruises, I have always wanted to try Solo and I have always wanted to try longer than 7 nights. I must travel Easter break so I was shocked that the price for a guarantee balcony cabin was $749.00 pp plus tax with a 175% single suppliment (for 10 days at Easter!). I've seen that price disappear and come back several times over the past two days so if anyone is interested it might be beneficial to keep checking.

If I like this solo I might try the real deals (inside or oceanview), but since this is my first solo, I was too chicken (and spoiled) to book anything other than a balcony. If worse comes to worse, I know that I will be perfectly happy just sitting on my balcony drooling down my chin :)

Happy Sailing!

Cheryl :)

I just booked my first solo. After 17 cruises, I have always wanted to try Solo and I have always wanted to try longer than 7 nights. I must travel Easter break so I was shocked that the price for a guarantee balcony cabin was $749.00 pp plus tax with a 175% single suppliment (for 10 days at Easter!). I've seen that price disappear and come back several times over the past two days so if anyone is interested it might be beneficial to keep checking.

If I like this solo I might try the real deals (inside or oceanview), but since this is my first solo, I was too chicken (and spoiled) to book anything other than a balcony. If worse comes to worse, I know that I will be perfectly happy just sitting on my balcony drooling down my chin :)

Happy Sailing!

Cheryl :)

:confused: What ship?

Edited by cruise pup