Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start anything. Actually I was bemoaning the reality that singles often have to go to an Inside cabin in order to afford to cruise given the supplements we have to pay. At least that's what I meant to be saying.

My issue with Inside cabins is purely personal and has to do with light from outside and the fear of feeling closed in as a result. Maybe that's not the way it is, and if I tried it I'd be okay with it. I have cruised on Carnival with portholes and found that quite okay.

I also know that some people like to book an Inside in order to have money to spend elsewhere during the cruise. That makes sense, too.

Anyway, didn't mean to upset anyone, and if I did my apologies.

My studio cabin that I am booked for this Saturday out of Miami, just fell another $50 for Studio guarantee on the Epic. Too bad they wont price match in terms of OBC.

I don't think any of the major lines are offering any compensation once final payment is made. Some may upgrade you if a higher category is being sold at the same or lower rate than yours.

My favorite feature of Epic was heading right to O'Sheehans when I boarded and had a late breakfast there instead of heading over to the buffet or the casual dining room for lunch. I had a late lunch later at the casual dining room but OSheehans became my favorite dining venue on the ship. They also let you check your carry-on luggage before the cabins became available at the comedy club so you didn't have to schlepp it around the ship.

Edited by cruise pup

I don't think any of the major lines are offering any compensation once final payment is made. Some may upgrade you if a higher category is being sold at the same or lower rate than yours.

My favorite feature of Epic was heading right to O'Sheehans when I boarded and had a late breakfast there instead of heading over to the buffet or the casual dining room for lunch. I had a late lunch later at the casual dining room but OSheehans became my favorite dining venue on the ship. They also let you check your carry-on luggage before the cabins became available at the comedy club so you didn't have to schlepp it around the ship.

Is there a charge to eat at OSheehans?

My studio cabin that I am booked for this Saturday out of Miami, just fell another $50 for Studio guarantee on the Epic. Too bad they wont price match in terms of OBC.

That is a bummer. That is one of the reasons I like to book with Carnival's early saver. They will give you obc up to 3 days before the cruise. I have ended up with $700 in obc on one cruise.

If I book other lines I do not even check the prices after final payment because it is such a bummer not to be able to get an obc.

Just booked an inside cabin for the Transatlantic cruise April 15 from New Orleans to Barcelona. Total cost of cruise, going solo, was $742.04....air from Barcelona back to New Orleans was $733.59........It is on Norwegian Spirit....which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!....Beyond excited right now.....

Just booked an inside cabin for the Transatlantic cruise April 15 from New Orleans to Barcelona. Total cost of cruise, going solo, was $742.04....air from Barcelona back to New Orleans was $733.59........It is on Norwegian Spirit....which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!....Beyond excited right now.....

Great deal. I've been on Spirit twice and love it too. I'm doing the Liberty of the Seas t/a on 4/14 to Barcelona from Ft Lauderdale. I booked ahead because I wanted an accessible cabin but I saw a special last month and alerted my friend who was able to book an inside for $727. The cruise is now fully booked.

Edited by cruise pup

Great deal and great ship! Wish I could go.

Wow! Are you allowed to say how you found this air fare? Hope to be able to do this next year. Thanks.

Celebrity was having a sale and I was able to upgrade my Summit inside to an OV cabin and still fall under $1,000 solo. That's my budget for cruise alone and I seem to be doing pretty good. Now, the flight is a different story ... I will start checking in a couple months.

I booked the air thu Norwegian also

The one-way transatlantic fares through the cruise lines seem to offer excellent value. Choice Air which is for RCCL and Celebrity saved me over $1,400. compared to what the fare would have been if I had booked directly with the airline.

I booked the transatlantic cruise on the Independence of the Seas (13 nights Southampton to FLL leaving 11/22/12) onboard my Voyager of the Seas cruise last week. Combined with a Crown & Anchor coupon (which expired 3/31/12), the obc for booking onboard and a modest discount given by my t.a. an, inside cabin came to about $60./night (including taxes and fees).

RCL Serenade of the Seas 12-day Mediterranean bargains in May!

Example: 5/29/12 is 749+127.26=876.26 pp for Double Occ (USD).

It's 1198+127.26=1325.26 for Single Occ (USD).

That's 151% single supplement.

Best cruise in the Mediterranean, IMHO. I'm going in Sept 2012.

Sails from/to Barcelona. Ports: Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Ephesus, Athens, Santorini, Naples

And I booked airfare for Sept on American for 910.70 (USD).

Happy hunting!

Edited by Diplomat1

I'm not sure how to figure it out, but the cruises I have been looking at on Princess seem to charge a lot less for inside and oceanview. The suites and balconies are twice the price but the insides and oceanviews are 62% of twice the charge instead of x2. Simplified, if the rate for balconey is $1000 then it is $2000 for 2. But if the rate for an ocean view is $1000 then it is $1240 for 2.

I looked at about 4 different cruises so is this a policy for Princess??

I'm not sure how to figure it out, but the cruises I have been looking at on Princess seem to charge a lot less for inside and oceanview. The suites and balconies are twice the price but the insides and oceanviews are 62% of twice the charge instead of x2. Simplified, if the rate for balconey is $1000 then it is $2000 for 2. But if the rate for an ocean view is $1000 then it is $1240 for 2.

I looked at about 4 different cruises so is this a policy for Princess??

Which cruises were they? I'd grab that deal.

Everything I checked was that way. The Crown Princess out of Galveston was $1199 per person but only $1698 for 1 person. The TA out of Galveston next year was a little more but not twice the price. It does look like it varies but from balconey up it is always twice the price or 200%.

had to jump on it...April 30, Port Canaveral 4 day Monarch of the seas for 321 total for window view..I know an old ship but such a good price why stay home. Always had a balcony but now at 200% trying to cross over. Plus first time RCL and not celebrity or carnival.

Edited by Sh1035

had to jump on it...April 30, Port Canaveral 4 day Monarch of the seas for 321 total for window view..I know an old ship but such a good price why stay home. Always had a balcony but now at 200% trying to cross over. Plus first time RCL and not celebrity or carnival.

Usually RCCL is high quality but this is not true of the Monarch. I went on Monarch in Feb this year. The rooms are very small, the Karaoke and other entertainment is almost nonexistent. The seats in the show rooms were so uncomfortable I was unable to sit in one for an entire show due to back pain it caused. I met nice people and the food was good but while I always enjoy a cruise, the Monarch was the one I least enjoyed. It was not worth the $421 I paid and for me would not be worth repeating at any price since it wasn't worth the airfare and transfer fee I paid to get to Port Canaveral. They really need to retire the Monarch NOW!

Usually RCCL is high quality but this is not true of the Monarch. I went on Monarch in Feb this year. The rooms are very small, the Karaoke and other entertainment is almost nonexistent. The seats in the show rooms were so uncomfortable I was unable to sit in one for an entire show due to back pain it caused. I met nice people and the food was good but while I always enjoy a cruise, the Monarch was the one I least enjoyed. It was not worth the $421 I paid and for me would not be worth repeating at any price since it wasn't worth the airfare and transfer fee I paid to get to Port Canaveral. They really need to retire the Monarch NOW!

I could not agree more. I stopped sailing on RCCL because of this nasty ship. Ready to retry with a newer ships.

I read the horror stories but really 321 for an OV. I am sure I will survive. Only in my 40s so can get by and suffer. Never done anything but a balcony. But I can drive and park for free so seems like a way to spend 5 days in misery. I got plenty of luxury at home but the beach is prettier then my view.

I did three cruises on the Monarch. I like the old girl. I hope to make it on her before she is gone. I like the older smaller ships, other than the tiny rooms. To me that is cruising. I don't need the jazz going on with the big ships. I cruz to cruz, rest and relaxe.

Have a great time.

Edited by PINEVIEW01

I did three cruises on the Monarch. I like the old girl. I hope to make it on her before she is gone. I like the older smaller ships, other than the tiny rooms. To me that is cruising. I don't need the jazz going on with the big ships. I cruz to cruz, rest and relaxe.

Have a great time.

Melody,

I will say amen to that. I loved the Monarch.

Doris