Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Anybody know anything about single supplements on European river cruises? Nothing planned, but I like to think about what might interest me in the future.

Thanks

I have been looking into this. DH & I are planning to take a river cruise this fall - haven't booked yet. I thought that this looked like something that I might like to do on the times that he did not want to go. (I can travel MUCH more often than he;)) I have seen ads for NO single supplements on certain sailings - usually in early spring and late fall. Saw them on Uniworld & Tauck. But it looks like Vantage has the most to offer singles with lower single supplements on most sailings. I have never seen it 200% as on ocean cruises. Even extensions at hotels are less than double.

They had some exciting itineraries in China, Europe, & Norway on small ship cruises also. Have fun looking.

I have been looking into this. DH & I are planning to take a river cruise this fall - haven't booked yet. I thought that this looked like something that I might like to do on the times that he did not want to go. (I can travel MUCH more often than he;)) I have seen ads for NO single supplements on certain sailings - usually in early spring and late fall. Saw them on Uniworld & Tauck. But it looks like Vantage has the most to offer singles with lower single supplements on most sailings. I have never seen it 200% as on ocean cruises. Even extensions at hotels are less than double.

They had some exciting itineraries in China, Europe, & Norway on small ship cruises also. Have fun looking.

Thanks for the great information. Now I'll know where to look.

Morning All

Have been fallowing this thread for a while and love the info given here. Got the rcl sell off Monday Tuesday Specials site. My question is. is there a similar site that Celebrity posts it's good deals on Celebrity Cruises do they have a Monday or Tuesday special release for good prices.

Please keep posting the Good deals that can be found for single cruisers like me the cost of traveling single is the only thing that holds me back from doing more cruising.

Will check back later today to see if there is a celebrity web site.

Thanks

Cruisethrough

Try this and see if it works for Celebrity Tuesday Specials:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/E...s_cel_tues.pdf

Always check late Thursday afternoon or Friday for the next Tuesday's specials............you can always get an idea on what airfare will be! I have found some great prices for solos.........good luck!

Anybody know anything about single supplements on European river cruises? Nothing planned, but I like to think about what might interest me in the future.

Thanks

Avalon and Uniworld do offer free single supplements on some river cruises. Uniworld has a bigger selection than Avalon with the freebies.

There is a river cruise board on CC.

Road Scholar( the renamed ElderHostel) has some "Adventures Afloat" programs that use major cruise lines and river cruise lines. They have lectures and include many excursions too. They are more expensive that way. However, they have a list of "specials" that waive single supplements and sometimes even airfare.

http://www.roadscholar.org/

Hi again.

Since the last special I posted was for a transatlantic cruise that "only makes one stop in Europe before reaching Barcelona", here's another TA bargain:

Carnival Destiny Miami to Venice

February 4-22, 2013 18 Nights

Single Inside Upper/Lower from $1098 plus taxes and tips

Note, however, that this is an Early Saver fare, which requires a non-refundable deposit.

This one makes four stops before reaching Venice: Malaga, Barcelona, Livorno, and Rome.

According to http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4766, immediately after this sailing, the Destiny is going into dry dock for 49 days for a $155 million-dollar refurbishment, at the end of which, it will be renamed the Sunshine.

One more (and final) try for the link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/E...s_cel_tues.pdf

I truly hope this works! If it doesn't try to google Celebrity Tuesday Specials Link and it should pull up several different options.

Brenda

It is http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

You need to use the "link" button to insert a link. ;)

Cruise Lines' Credit Cards for Trips/OBC:

I have wondered about the Cruise Lines' credit cards. After asking others I was told they are not as generous as the airlines' credit cards. So I am interested in your experience.

I have used Southwest Airlines card for everything the last four years and have averaged 3-4 free roundtrips a year.

Would it be worth using a cruse line credit card for ship-related expenses? Or if I regularly travel on only one or two cruise lines?

Cruise Lines' Credit Cards for Trips/OBC:

I have wondered about the Cruise Lines' credit cards. After asking others I was told they are not as generous as the airlines' credit cards. So I am interested in your experience.

I have used Southwest Airlines card for everything the last four years and have averaged 3-4 free roundtrips a year.

Would it be worth using a cruse line credit card for ship-related expenses? Or if I regularly travel on only one or two cruise lines?

When I signed on to a cruise line credit card you got a big bonus for using your card for the first time, regardless of the amount. Since I was booked on a cruise with that line it was a good deal. I don't really use that card so I haven't accrued much points because it didn't pay. But it was definitely worthwhile for that first bonus. So I suggest you look at the card for the line you will be cruising on and see if there is any first time bonus.

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - repositioning cruise April - Eastbound from Port Everglades to Rome - really good prices on an inside GTY for a solo (don't often see GTY prices as a solo.....)

WOW that is a surprise. I've never had a gty for a solo. Sure wish I was in a position to hope on.

I booked my first veranda using Celebrity's Exciting Deals on a Transatlantic on the Eclipse on 4/21/12. Was going to just get an outside (and be happy with that!), but decided to splurge on the Veranda for once. Got a great location midship on 9th deck, solo occupancy, for $1203 for 13 days, including port charges and taxes. Could have done it REALLY cheap with an inside, but it would drive me crazy for 13 days!

B2B To Caribbean From Florida

Hi I am looking for a economical 14 day of any combination on the same ship out of any Florida port (live near St. Petersburg). I desperately need a break; I have a five week window between May 12th and June 16th. Do you recommend a particular cruise line or should I just check them all. I know some are finished in this area by then also. Thank you.

I just saw a PacknGo on the Triumph out of Galveston on 4/23 for $838 for a balcony! That's the single rate. I guess waiting to the last minute helps. Thiis goes to the Bahamas and Keys. Wish I could go:(

B2B To Caribbean From Florida

Hi I am looking for a economical 14 day of any combination on the same ship out of any Florida port (live near St. Petersburg). I desperately need a break; I have a five week window between May 12th and June 16th. Do you recommend a particular cruise line or should I just check them all. I know some are finished in this area by then also. Thank you.

Lots of deals on RCCL on Monday (if you are a Crown & Anchor member) and Tuesday:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Before Monday you might want to check what RCCL is asking now for the same cruise. Sometimes it's just as good.

Celebrity does the same thing for Tuesday and they tend to offer lower single supplements:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Save these links. They're updated every week.

RCCL Jewel of the Seas, 4/5 - 4/9, 4night western caribbean (goes to Cozumel) out of Tampa. Inside including taxes & fees $384.05. Its on the Tuesday special, but if you are a crown & anchor member you can book today.

Voyager of the Seas 7 nights western Caribbean out of New Orleasns. Inside including taxes and fees comes to $647. which is obviously less than $100/night.

they just sold out this rate. glad I grabbed it when I did. rest of the categories are ridiculously high so maybe they'll need to lower those rates.

Carnival Cabin Categories

Hi: I'm trying to understand the different cabin categories used by Carnival.

Is there a description of them anywhere.

Are they different from ship to ship?

I see both an IS and 1A on Freedom, Miracle and Valor. And IS also on Fascination but do not know what this means.

My understanding is that Category 1A is an Upper/Lower with/or without a Porthole.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cabin an IS is?

Thank you.