Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

just booked RCCL voyager of the seas western caribbean out of new orleans for 1/28/12 in a promanade 'view' inside room for $706 including taxes and port fees. the current list price is $445 before taxes and fees, so i think that's not bad for a solo. super excited!

just booked RCCL voyager of the seas western caribbean out of new orleans for 1/28/12 in a promanade 'view' inside room for $706 including taxes and port fees. the current list price is $445 before taxes and fees, so i think that's not bad for a solo. super excited!

I just did a solo on this cruise on 10 Dec...you will LOVE it!! Enjoy!

You did very well. PR cabins are no longer available and the inside K's are $726. incldng taxes and port charges.

I just book a studio solo on the Norwegian Epic for Easter week out of Miami, April 7th for $1050 plus taxes and a $100 onboard credit. I am happy considering it is a holiday week where I expected prices to be higher. The cruise rate is $1149 and President's week in February is $1399 for same.

I did the Voyager of the sea out of New Orleans it is a great cruise you will have a ball. Looks like a great deal I would like to find a great deal but I would like to find something on a different ship. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was just pointing this out since I came across it. I'm actually going on the Millennium b2b 1/23 & 1/28. The total for the 10 days came to about $850. which isn't bad. I'm tired of RCCL's menu so even with the cheap price I'm still better off with the Millennium. With the Elite perks I get on Millennium the price difference will be narrowed. However, if nothing else was available I probably would grab the Voyager price. I think I only booked a 7 night single cruise once that was cheaper than that, on the Carnival Liberty several years ago.

Edited by cruise pup

Thats what sucks about being a teacher - we cant take advantage of these great deals unless they are in the summer.

I used to work the administration end of a school and hated that the only time I could take vacations was between the middle of June and the end of August........it was always hot/humid and crowded.

Since I've changed where I do my administration work I have pretty much all year round as long as it doesn't fall on an event date. Love it!!!!

However, there some summer locations that are still available for you. You just have to pick wisely!!!!!

Thats what sucks about being a teacher - we cant take advantage of these great deals unless they are in the summer.

that is EXACTLY why i'm traveling this year--i took a year off from my teaching job so that i could travel. i had to--i'd run out of northern places to visit! (my teacher husband and i spent last summer in maine and nova scotia!) i'm super psyched about being able to see new orleans (and the caribbean) cheaply and not in the insane humidity.

and bummer--the $611 fare above is the exact same sailing i booked yesterday...for $100 less. oh well! i'm still happy with my fare! and i'm glad to hear it's a good choice. can't wait!!!!

I had 4 day out the door for $435 and 5 day for $576 on LIberty OTS Jan 26 and 30 but, just as I went to book I remember my DD gave me a Mom & daughter weekend 2/4 for Christmas. So I ended up getting 2/9 for $573 & 2/13 for $655.5.

I'm not sure why on this ship the 5 day that does Belize and Coz is $1090. Oh well the cheaper air for stay in third cruise makes up for some of it. Sure wish I had a roomie for that one though.

Monarch of the Seas - Feb 6 and Feb 13 - 4 nights. I just booked the 2/6 cruise. Outside cabin for $311 total (incl taxes & port charge). single supplement was only 125%.

I've been looking for another solo cruise and this worked out great.

I had 4 day out the door for $435 and 5 day for $576 on LIberty OTS Jan 26 and 30 but, just as I went to book I remember my DD gave me a Mom & daughter weekend 2/4 for Christmas. So I ended up getting 2/9 for $573 & 2/13 for $655.5.

I'm not sure why on this ship the 5 day that does Belize and Coz is $1090. Oh well the cheaper air for stay in third cruise makes up for some of it. Sure wish I had a roomie for that one though.

Take me!!! :)

Just booked a cabin on L'Austral for January 20 RT Ushuaia with no single supplement. Trip is expensive, but much better than the usual 200% on Antarctic trips. I think it's also available on the January 30 departure. It's so soon, but worth it. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
Monarch of the Seas - Feb 6 and Feb 13 - 4 nights. I just booked the 2/6 cruise. Outside cabin for $311 total (incl taxes & port charge). single supplement was only 125%.

I've been looking for another solo cruise and this worked out great.

I called hoping to get this same rate but for the Feb 13th date. On the day I called they had neither rate and the lowest was $421 (incl taxes and port charge) on 2/6/2012 so I took that. 3 days later they lowered the price of the 2/13/2012 date that I originally wanted to (U guessed it!!!) $311 total. :mad: Its not that the $421 price is bad but when you add curise line air, shuttle fees, insurance ect my total bill was almost $1000 so it would have been nice for it to be $110 less. I called and asked about this but was told there was no discount I could receive because the date I booked (because I was told it was cheaper than my originally requested 2/13/2012) was still $421. Next time I hear about a great deal, but they tell me its not available, I will wait and watch for a few days before booking. :p Anyway, It will still be a blast. (THERES NO SUCH THING AS A BAD CRUISE!!!) :D In any event, I will also be on the 2/6/2012 Monarch cruise to Nassau so I'll see you there.

Edited by Jana60

I called hoping to get this same rate but for the Feb 13th date. On the day I called they had neither rate and the lowest was $421 (incl taxes and port charge) on 2/6/2012 so I took that. 3 days later they lowered the price of the 2/13/2012 date that I originally wanted to (U guessed it!!!) $311 total. :mad: Its not that the $421 price is bad but when you add curise line air, shuttle fees, insurance ect my total bill was almost $1000 so it would have been nice for it to be $110 less. I called and asked about this but was told there was no discount I could receive because the date I booked (because I was told it was cheaper than my originally requested 2/13/2012) was still $421. Next time I hear about a great deal, but they tell me its not available, I will wait and watch for a few days before booking. :p Anyway, It will still be a blast. (THERES NO SUCH THING AS A BAD CRUISE!!!) :D In any event, I will also be on the 2/6/2012 Monarch cruise to Nassau so I'll see you there.

Looks like the Monarch 1/30 & 2/20 will have a 150% sup on the Monday sale for C&A.

Just booked a cabin on L'Austral for January 20 RT Ushuaia with no single supplement. Trip is expensive, but much better than the usual 200% on Antarctic trips. I think it's also available on the January 30 departure. It's so soon, but worth it. Can't wait!

Have you seen any deals like that for 2013?

Hi

That sounds like a great idea when you said transatlantic was it on the Independence of the Seas.

I would be interested in doing a transatlantic in April this spring also if anyone is interested, if anyone has a good deal. I am hoping to find something for Celebrity this evening at a travel meeting held by celebrity cruises.

Have you seen any deals like that for 2013?

Not Antarctica- but the Star Princess Santiago to LA 3/10/13 has about a 60% single supplement for insides and oceanviews. On their website insides are 2072, outsides 2272 so less than 150/day.

I just booked an obstructed view - first trip to South America and first time on Princess - and with plenty of time to save up for excursions and such.

Em