Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I noticed that fares went down yesterday for many of Royal Caribbean's Transatlantic saililing in April and May. There were reductions for the Grandeur, Jewel, Adventure, and Liberty (maybe more). If interested head over to the Royal Caribbean site and select Transatlantic sailings in the 'Find A Cruise' front page function. Work your way through the booking process to get the final fare for one passenger.

For example the Adventure of the Seas, April 15, 2012, from San Juan to Malaga, inside single guarantee, comes out to $649.76.

I booked the Voyager which is a bit more.

Deals like these are what we wait for each year !! :)

I noticed that fares went down yesterday for many of Royal Caribbean's Transatlantic saililing in April and May. There were reductions for the Grandeur, Jewel, Adventure, and Liberty (maybe more). If interested head over to the Royal Caribbean site and select Transatlantic sailings in the 'Find A Cruise' front page function. Work your way through the booking process to get the final fare for one passenger.

For example the Adventure of the Seas, April 15, 2012, from San Juan to Malaga, inside single guarantee, comes out to $649.76.

I love TA's but need to take a break this year. In my mind if you book early they are some of the best bargains out there for singles.

WOW! That is great. I wish I was in a position to jump on. I love TA's

Not Antarctica- but the Star Princess Santiago to LA 3/10/13 has about a 60% single supplement for insides and oceanviews. On their website insides are 2072, outsides 2272 so less than 150/day.

I just booked an obstructed view - first trip to South America and first time on Princess - and with plenty of time to save up for excursions and such.

Em

I have been watching this and watching this particular cruise. It has been on the "bucket list". Not sure I would feel safe going solo. I'll sort of keep an eye on what you're doing and maybe I'll jump on board. It's a saveable cruise being that it over one year out. It's the air once again that I'm curious to know what it will be.

I have been watching this and watching this particular cruise. It has been on the "bucket list". Not sure I would feel safe going solo. I'll sort of keep an eye on what you're doing and maybe I'll jump on board. It's a saveable cruise being that it over one year out. It's the air once again that I'm curious to know what it will be.

Hi Pat,

I don't have any plans to wander around by myself except in the Mexican ports - I'm thinking ship sponsored excursions......especially since I don't speak more than maybe a dozen words of Spanish and doubt I'll manage much more in the next year ;).

As for the air - of course one never knows what the future holds but Avianca's March rates for this year are a bit less than 1000 for DC to Santiago and then LAX back to DC.

And I don't know if this one qualifies, but a large agency is advertising that they will cover the required deposit for all bookings made this month.......

Just thought I'd tempt you a bit....and now I'll get back to the point of this thread and hunt some deals for between now and then ;).

Em

Hi Pat,

I don't have any plans to wander around by myself except in the Mexican ports - I'm thinking ship sponsored excursions......especially since I don't speak more than maybe a dozen words of Spanish and doubt I'll manage much more in the next year ;).

As for the air - of course one never knows what the future holds but Avianca's March rates for this year are a bit less than 1000 for DC to Santiago and then LAX back to DC.

And I don't know if this one qualifies, but a large agency is advertising that they will cover the required deposit for all bookings made this month.......

Just thought I'd tempt you a bit....and now I'll get back to the point of this thread and hunt some deals for between now and then ;). Where in PA are you from? I'm in Lancaster County, southeast.

Em

Hi Em and thanks. I am going to check out a few places to see about that deposit thingy. At least then I could hold a cabin just in case. Since you are leaving from D.C. it would be feasible for me to leave from there as well. We'll have to see what transpires. Thanks again.:)

Edited by yellowbird23

I have what may be an asked and answered question, if so, please forgive me.

Will I be charged for one or two person's tips when traveling single in a cabin? It makes sense to only be charged for one but since I'm paying for two and traveling solo, will I be charged for two?

And, do I say anything special to the check-in folks other than my hubby will be unable to join me.

Will I be charged for one or two person's tips when traveling single in a cabin? It makes sense to only be charged for one but since I'm paying for two and traveling solo, will I be charged for two?

You will be charged for just one person.

And, do I say anything special to the check-in folks other than my hubby will be unable to join me.

No -- Your Boarding Pass will be just for you.

I have what may be an asked and answered question, if so, please forgive me.

This sounds as if you actually booked for 2 and are now going solo. If so, notify the cruise line and you should get a refund of hubby's taxes, fees, and any other "non-commissionable" items. If you pre-paid tips, his should also be refunded.

If you booked as a single, you paid double cruise fare (unless there was a special), but you only paid each of the other items once.

You should have an invoice detailing all of this, but you never know with Princess (or the rest of Carnival Corp, for that matter).

This sounds as if you actually booked for 2 and are now going solo. If so, notify the cruise line and you should get a refund of hubby's taxes, fees, and any other "non-commissionable" items. If you pre-paid tips, his should also be refunded.

If you booked as a single, you paid double cruise fare (unless there was a special), but you only paid each of the other items once.

You should have an invoice detailing all of this, but you never know with Princess (or the rest of Carnival Corp, for that matter).

Thank you, that's exactly what I did. I booked for two and only I will be going. Hubby's partner scheduled an important meeting with out of country folks and that can not be changed. I'm not too sad......I like my company!

RCCL has some amazing deals on Transatlantic Cruises in mid-April. For example:

4/15/2012 13 Night Transatlantic Cruise (San Juan to Barcelona)

OV room is $449 DO or $621 SO (138% single supplement) That's $47.77/day!

4/14/2012 16 Night Transatlantic Eastbound Cruise (New Orleans to Barcelona)

INT room is $599 DO or $861 SO (144% single supplement) That's $53.81/day!

Of course, airfare can be expensive...but you should be able to get a flight back for around $1300 or so. Not too bad! :D

RCCL has some amazing deals on Transatlantic Cruises in mid-April. For example:

4/15/2012 13 Night Transatlantic Cruise (San Juan to Barcelona)

OV room is $449 DO or $621 SO (138% single supplement) That's $47.77/day!

4/14/2012 16 Night Transatlantic Eastbound Cruise (New Orleans to Barcelona)

INT room is $599 DO or $861 SO (144% single supplement) That's $53.81/day!

Of course, airfare can be expensive...but you should be able to get a flight back for around $1300 or so. Not too bad! :D

The ChoiceAir fares from Barcelona to NYC run in the $500.-$600. for non-stops so it all depends on where you're flying home.

Thank you, that's exactly what I did. I booked for two and only I will be going. Hubby's partner scheduled an important meeting with out of country folks and that can not be changed. I'm not too sad......I like my company!

Can you find someone else to go with you? I normally book as a solo but have in the past had a friend go with me at the last minute. Since I had already paid double, all she had to pay was her port charges and taxes.

The ChoiceAir fares from Barcelona to NYC run in the $500.-$600. for non-stops so it all depends on where you're flying home.

My travel companion got a great frequent flyer deal for a flight from BCN to MIA (where he lives, fortunately), on top of the quite-attractive single-occupancy prices for the NCL Epic TA in April.

upon Celebrity price drop; :D -very happy sailor ...........

Last July, I booked on RCI Liberty for April's TA, and then, a couple of months ago, a family member decided to join me, albeit in a separate room. The prices for Liberty had gone a little wacky, so we decided to cancel and re-book on NCL Epic. Shorter cruise, but in essence the same embarkation and debarkation ports, so I didn't have to change my flights, and now we have a few days in Barcelona.

In the end, we saved hundreds of dollars, even after I upgraded from inside to balcony.

Don't the airfare prices go up significantly at the same time the cruise lines drop their their prices (about 90 days from sail/fly date)? And, for TAs, isn't it even more difficult/expensive to get open-jaw or one-way tickets on less than 90-days notice?

Yes I agree Carnival solo sailings have got costly. As you can see by my past cruise list Carnival was my line of choice then there prices hit the fan. Still like there food and entertainment.

Not sure how this http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ales_event.pdf link works but I have book marked it. When I open it next Tuesday will it have new offers?

If there is a last minute site I can be ready in week as that was all the time I had for Voyager of Seas in Dec.

If anyone has any other good ideas for good deals for solo travel would you Please advise Thank You

Last year, I found a similar link to the RCI weekly sales event PDF (at a travel agent's site). And, once, I saw a cruise advertised on it with a 100% single supplement. I haven't seen it since, so it's become kind of like the Holy Grail, right?