Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Can you find someone else to go with you? I normally book as a solo but have in the past had a friend go with me at the last minute. Since I had already paid double, all she had to pay was her port charges and taxes.

I think I'm going to go "solo" and look forward to meeting new folks, if someone can jump onboard with me that'll be okay but I'm not going to stress it. I need this "down time", it's been a very hectic beginning to a new year.

I think I'm going to go "solo" and look forward to meeting new folks, if someone can jump onboard with me that'll be okay but I'm not going to stress it. I need this "down time", it's been a very hectic beginning to a new year.

I understand completely. Now will this be Horton's first cruise?

Don't the airfare prices go up significantly at the same time the cruise lines drop their their prices (about 90 days from sail/fly date)? And, for TAs, isn't it even more difficult/expensive to get open-jaw or one-way tickets on less than 90-days notice?

I recently booked my one-way airfare from BCN-JFK through Choice-Air and it's less than 90 days out. Theyapparently have special arrangements with the airlines and you get one-way fares at a fraction of the cost the airline charges. My airfare came to $630. flying AA non-stop. If you go to AA's website the same one-way fare is over $2,000. I could have stayed overnight in BCN and saved $100. but a hotel room would have been more than the money I would save and I really don't want to stay in BCN (been there and really covered all the major sites).

Yes, this will be Horton's very first cruise. I hope he like the sea as much as Brenda did.

When you travel through life with a Service Dog you NEVER really alone. :)

I know I wrote the previous note because it's so full of mistakes and today is a "mistake day." I can't write anything without making a misstake!!!! Sorry :( !

There are a bunch of 150% single supplements right now in the Royal Caribbean Weekly Sales event specials. Several 7 night Caribbean cruises and some of the 4 and 5 day sailings. Plus, this week the specials are extended and valid from 2/17 - 2/21, so you have more time to book.

I'm not sure if it's okay to post the specials here as a travel agent. Even if the agency info isn't included? But you can always find out the special via the links someone posted previously...

Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona April 15. - 29.2012

Balcony assigned starboard midship skydeck (9) solo 699.00+234.00(singl.Supplm.)+131.34 tx =

$1064.34

• VERY HAPPY! :D

I saw that but I already paid for my t/a on Liberty of the Seas. At least I'll be getting enough cruise credits to finally make Diamond+ status. No more t/a bookings until after the final payment dates. It seems in early February the bargains start popping up. Now it's the Eclipse with the deals. By the way, the Eclipse has great single rates for the 3/10/12 Caribbean cruise. Only problem is the airfares are ridiculously high (over $400. from NYC).

Edited by cruise pup

Yes, cheap cruises BUT expensive airfare! For me anyway. So I decided to go out of BWI to Bermuda:)

There are a bunch of 150% single supplements right now in the Royal Caribbean Weekly Sales event specials. Several 7 night Caribbean cruises and some of the 4 and 5 day sailings. Plus, this week the specials are extended and valid from 2/17 - 2/21, so you have more time to book.

I'm not sure if it's okay to post the specials here as a travel agent. Even if the agency info isn't included? But you can always find out the special via the links someone posted previously...

I saw that but I already paid for my t/a on Liberty of the Seas. At least I'll be getting enough cruise credits to finally make Diamond+ status. No more t/a bookings until after the final payment dates. It seems in early February the bargains start popping up. Now it's the Eclipse with the deals. By the way, the Eclipse has great single rates for the 3/10/12 Caribbean cruise. Only problem is the airfares are ridiculously high (over $400. from NYC).

Looks like that Eclipse rate for 3/10/12 already went up since yesterday. Not at all surprised. Maybe it'll be back down for the Tuesday special.

Celebrity Millennium, 5 night Western Caribbean from Miami sailing March 19th. Inside cabins with a free upgrade to category 9 are only $467.47 including all taxes and fees. Great special, I've booked a bunch of these for solo cruisers today. This special is available through any travel agent or directly through Celebrity.

Edited by VickiSellsCruises

Looks like that Eclipse rate for 3/10/12 already went up since yesterday. Not at all surprised. Maybe it'll be back down for the Tuesday special.

I saw what happened with the Eclipse. I went in to price the cruise for 3/10 but their wacky system brings up the 2/25/12 cruise which is this weekend, so that's why the rates were so cheap. The special for the 3/10/12 sailing today is for CC and AQ categories. Great rates but pricey if you're looking for a bargain.

how did you like the Epic?

The Epic was excellent...would recommend it to anyone. More specialty restaurants, Freestyle dining (just walk into the main restaurants anytime to be seated with a different (or the same) group of people every night...no set setting times. They have inside rooms for solo travelers...downsized for one person but still lots of room and no premium (was also able to get a 55+ discount on my cruise). Lots of young families on the ship...the water slides are something to see and lots of activities for young ones. The shows were amazing (Circque de Soleil) and check out the jazz club...went there every night. Bob

Royal Caribbean, Adventure of the Seas, 7 Night S. Caribbean, Apr 8th 2012, San Juan Puerto Rico, Promenade Room, $724 Cdn including solo traveler premium and age 55+ discount.

Good deal, thanks for posting - I was able to get a good fare for the March 4, 2012, sailing, but, it went up before I got a chance to post it.

Yesterday I booked what I feel is a once in a lifetime solo deal-

Caribbean Princess Nov. 10th-17th, Southern Caribbean route, Window Suite $1501 all in with a $50 onboard credit to boot. On the Princess website the same cabin is pricing out at $1860 per person double occupancy :eek: Not sure if it's a glitch in the system, but I've logged on to my booking on Princess.com and everything is correct. I've got a TA booked on the new Carnival Breeze for that same time period, but I fear that I might have to scrap it between now and then. This is my backup plan. :D No balcony on this cat. of suite, but full suite perks are included.

Tony

Caribbean Princess Nov. 10th-17th, Southern Caribbean route, Window Suite $1501 all in with a $50 onboard credit to boot. On the Princess website the same cabin is pricing out at $1860 per person double occupancy :eek: Not sure if it's a glitch in the system, but I've logged on to my booking on Princess.com and everything is correct. I've got a TA booked on the new Carnival Breeze for that same time period, but I fear that I might have to scrap it between now and then. This is my backup plan. :D No balcony on this cat. of suite, but full suite perks are included.

Tony

Great news. I looked at other dates in Nov and Dec the they are offering the same deal. It's pricing a little higher ($1,598.) though but it's a great deal. The other suites with balconies go for so much more.

Tony

So I was able to book the same deal for the Dec 1 sailing. Thanks so much for this information. According to my t.a. this is probably a glitch as it's happened before but if they accept the deposit they must honor the price. I'll finally know what breakfast at Sabatini's is all about.:)

Tony

Hi Tony:) congratulations:D

So I was able to book the same deal for the Dec 1 sailing. Thanks so much for this information. According to my t.a. this is probably a glitch as it's happened before but if they accept the deposit they must honor the price. I'll finally know what breakfast at Sabatini's is all about.:)

That's awesome that you could snag the deal as well! I didn't price other dates, so had no idea if it was valid on other sailings. It has to be a glitch- there is no way the solo price can be less than double occupancy price otherwise. Yes it's still a chunk of change, but free laundry, free internet, breakfast in Sabatini's, free in cabin mini bar, etc.. helps justify the splurge. ;)

Tony