Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi Lois - nice to see you. :D

Linktobze - I agree with Lois. I just got back from a 15 day San Diego to Hawaii on the Century. I love sailing solo. I have also made many new friends and we sometimes schedule cruises together, but still "solo". Come on, jump in.....give it a try.:)

Pat

Hi Pat:D nice to see you as well. One day if I am able ever to retire

I will do 15 night cruises:eek:......but until then? I do what I can...7, 10

and 11 nighters would be the most nights away.

You know that W O R K always gets in the way:mad::rolleyes:

I know what you mean Lois. I didn't do them before I retired either! Enjoy what you can, while you can. Take care, and maybe I'll see you on board sometime soon.

Pat

@ Taz....... Wow, U are like my Cruise Mentor!....LOL I am eyeing several cruise deals for my spring break week and am hesitant to cruise solo, but REALLY need to getaway. I did the solo thing once before on RC and it was okay. Any tips to make the experience better?? Leaning towards Celebrity Constellation or Carnival

I always request a large table at dinner, and make a point to be open and friendly. Join in the activities that interest you and strike up a conversation. Other than that, enjoy your own company and appreciate the fact that you can do what you are doing. My opinion, Celebrity...hands down, but then, I am older than you are. I have sailed on Carnival, and it was fun, but they tend to attract a younger crowd. Good luck!

Don't stop at 15n, look for B2B not just on the same ship.

Last year we did Princesss from NY upto Quebec then the NCL Dawn down to Tampa

Transtatlantic then a follow on or other way round to save one flight.

Keep an eye on the Pacific relocation cruises they sometimes become real bargains

Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb in Europe can have some fantastic bargains.

@ Taz....... Wow, U are like my Cruise Mentor!....LOL I am eyeing several cruise deals for my spring break week and am hesitant to cruise solo, but REALLY need to getaway. I did the solo thing once before on RC and it was okay. Any tips to make the experience better?? Leaning towards Celebrity Constellation or Carnival

When we did Constelation they did a good job with sharing on the anytime dining.

ON princess we found we prefered to eat slighty different time to the masses so sharing was much harder. They had a much larger any time capacity

SO the key to sharing seems to be eat at the busy time.

Sharing on NCL seems to be harder so you have to meet people at other times first.

Quizes and other activities can help meet people, I just turn up and join teams.

Joint the roll call and get involved if you feel like it, go to the M&G/M&M

sharing shorex is another way to meet people.

I find that sitting at the bar is quite conducive to striking up with people and there is always staff when really quiet.

the predinner period is when there is a fare bit of passing traffic.

there are always places to hide when you get fed up with people

Edited by insidecabin

Hi...........I found a great deal on RCL Legend of the Seas 15 night Suez Canal Cruise from Dubai to Rome departing 04/19 .........Superior Balcony single for $1148.75 ($78. per day). Inside & outside cabins are less. I've never cruised solo, but this one is very tempting as I've been trying to "get to Egypt" for my last 2 Med. cruises. Third time could be the charm....I'm just a bit uncertain about going alone. Thoughts anyone?

I just booked this...there's a C&A Savings Certificate that's good for this cruise as well ($100 for inside, $200 for oceanview +). So a solo OV will cost $748.75 ($50 per day). Amazing...

I just booked this...there's a C&A Savings Certificate that's good for this cruise as well ($100 for inside, $200 for oceanview +). So a solo OV will cost $748.75 ($50 per day). Amazing...

But..what prices are you getting for air to and from? It would be a fantastic cruise for sure, but my butt sitting on a plane for 21 hours would not be fun!

Edited by yellowbird23

I've been watching this cruise, would love to visit Luxor, Valley of the Kings and Petra

but as of last night the airfare from Tampa to Dubai is $1065.90 with Choice Air; return from Barcelona was $525!!!

actually, total air from tampa is showing as $1,280 on delta dot com (tampa to dubai, and then rome to tampa). do a multi-city search and you'll see it.

actually, total air from tampa is showing as $1,280 on delta dot com (tampa to dubai, and then rome to tampa). do a multi-city search and you'll see it.

Interesting, I only looked on Choice Air because of the guarantee with Royal Caribbean and the port being so far away.

What do you do to make sure you connect in time with it being so far away?

In the states I go the day before and stay overnight nearby the port with the best fare from what ever airline offers it.

Do you fly two days ahead and stay in a hotel for two nights when going so far overseas?

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Aislinncursala

Interesting, I only looked on Choice Air because of the guarantee with Royal Caribbean and the port being so far away.

What do you do to make sure you connect in time with it being so far away?

In the states I go the day before and stay overnight nearby the port with the best fare from what ever airline offers it.

Do you fly two days ahead and stay in a hotel for two nights when going so far overseas?

Thanks for the info.

I'm leaving on April 17th, arriving in Dubai on the 18th...for me, 1 day in advance is sufficient. Especially since the ship doesn't depart until 6pm on the 19th. To be on the safe side, I would avoid close connections. If you go thru Atlanta, there are 3 departure times you can choose from, each of which connects to the same Dubai-bound nonstop. I would select an earlier one, so that there would be at least one other later flight out of Tampa that would allow me to make the connection should something happen to my reserved flight. The fares and connections seem much better if you depart on the 17th.

Hello!

Is anyone doing or thinking about the Royal Caribbean 14 Night Transatlantic Cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Southampton, England, departing April 21?

The solo sup is a very good deal....

I have a dear cruising buddy who is on that TA. He goes by the name "Babie" and is a hoot and lots of fun to be around. Look him up on the roll call and tell him Patty sent you.:)

Hi. I honestly thought this was a mistake when I first saw it, but I'm still seeing the following rates for single-occupancy on the May 1-15 (2013) Azamara Journey sailing from Mumbai to Athens:

• Inside: $494
  • Oceanview: $674
  • Balcony: $889

Is there some reason why these fares are so low, that I'm not aware of? :)

Hi. I honestly thought this was a mistake when I first saw it, but I'm still seeing the following rates for single-occupancy on the May 1-15 (2013) Azamara Journey sailing from Mumbai to Athens:

WOW! Here are the solo rates I just pulled up from the website:

Suites

1,781.00 - 5,656.00

Veranda Staterooms

1,069.00 - 1,281.00

Ocean View Staterooms

781.00 - 1,031.00

Inside Staterooms

606.00 - 644.00

i've had my eye on this one for awhile. it's a great deal for azamara--but i did a little recon and there are a couple things y'all might not see immediately:

1. there are only 2 ports in 14 days (uae and santorini) mumbai is the start point and athens is the end-point + suez canal, which looks like a port--is just cruising.

2. the other thing: this is the last azamara journey cruise, before they begin their new 'azamazing evenings' and free hard liquor program.

r/t airfare from los angeles is about $1300 and single [inside] is $499. r/t airport transfers are $75. azamara is about as all inclusive as they come (chow, beer/wine, tips, laundry, etc) for an upper midrange cruise-line--so this is a helluva deal, assuming y'all don't mind a lot of sea days--but there are plenty of things to do on azamara (at least for me) on sea days--including a good range of enrichment lectures and a nice range of fitness stuff.

a cool thing about a smaller ship like this one--you have a better chance of getting to see behind the scenes stuff--if you're into that. bridge, engine plant, inner workings, etc. one of the ports (uae) is sketchy about dogs coming ashore (service dog or not) from what i understand--and since uae is one of only two ports--even at the killer price for 14 days--one port is not enough to hook me.

anyhow, that's all the stuff i know about this particular cruise--other than, the inside staterooms are small, but they're [supposedly] well appointed, with a bed area and a sitting area + a head w/shower, etc.

if you wind up taking the trip--kindly let me know how it goes. thanks.

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...

1. Many people simply won't consider sailing round "hijack corner" (Horn of Africa).

2. Taxes & fees are almost as much as the inside cabin price - over $400.

It looks like it is filling up though - when I checked yesterday, the only insides left were those on Deck 8 at a slightly dearer price.

Edited by canny_cruiser

We did a TA on the Journey, best organized seaday program we have ever had on any ship 12.5 sea days.

packed program and great fun Eric was CD that trip and they had a good team.

food was great some great brunches.

Very hard to spend money 2 people 2 weeks onboard account $250.

1. Many people simply won't consider sailing round "hijack corner" (Horn of Africa).

2. Taxes & fees are almost as much as the inside cabin price - over $400.

It looks like it is filling up though - when I checked yesterday, the only insides left were those on Deck 8 at a slightly dearer price.

Interesting point, re: "hijack corner". I hadn't thought of that. But, there are other cruises through the area this year that haven't been discounted this much.

Also, I thought those prices I saw included taxes & fees. Maybe I was mistaken.

i've had my eye on this one for awhile. it's a great deal for azamara--but i did a little recon and there are a couple things y'all might not see immediately:

1. there are only 2 ports in 14 days (uae and santorini) mumbai is the start point and athens is the end-point + suez canal, which looks like a port--is just cruising.

2. the other thing: this is the last azamara journey cruise, before they begin their new 'azamazing evenings' and free hard liquor program.

r/t airfare from los angeles is about $1300 and single [inside] is $499. r/t airport transfers are $75. azamara is about as all inclusive as they come (chow, beer/wine, tips, laundry, etc) for an upper midrange cruise-line--so this is a helluva deal, assuming y'all don't mind a lot of sea days--but there are plenty of things to do on azamara (at least for me) on sea days--including a good range of enrichment lectures and a nice range of fitness stuff.

a cool thing about a smaller ship like this one--you have a better chance of getting to see behind the scenes stuff--if you're into that. bridge, engine plant, inner workings, etc. one of the ports (uae) is sketchy about dogs coming ashore (service dog or not) from what i understand--and since uae is one of only two ports--even at the killer price for 14 days--one port is not enough to hook me.

anyhow, that's all the stuff i know about this particular cruise--other than, the inside staterooms are small, but they're [supposedly] well appointed, with a bed area and a sitting area + a head w/shower, etc.

if you wind up taking the trip--kindly let me know how it goes. thanks.

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...

Thanks for the info.

There is a website that will show you which cruise lines are offering single supplement deals at any given time, for example I cruise on Celebrity, it shows there are 11 Celebrity voyages with single 'deals', here are a couple of them

Summit 3/9/13 has a 52% single supplement on a category 9

Solstice 5/13/13 has a 48% on category 9, 19% on 2A,2C,26% on A1,A2

If interested, email me and happy to provide you the details/website, it works for any cruiseline

Also, I thought those prices I saw included taxes & fees. Maybe I was mistaken.

Yes, There is a thread on the Azamara sub-forum about this as Azamara UK site is showing at £318 but taxes & fees are another £270. Here in UK these charges must be included in advertised fares and someone has asked Bill Leiber to investigate.

I had a quote a while back (before this latest price-drop) fror a US agent and if I remember correctly the total charges were something like $450.

Hello!

Is anyone doing or thinking about the Royal Caribbean 14 Night Transatlantic Cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Southampton, England, departing April 21?

The solo sup is a very good deal....

I've been looking at this one. I like the idea that it includes a few island stops before heading over. Can't find any particulalry good price for one-way flight to SJU though.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Yes, There is a thread on the Azamara sub-forum about this as Azamara UK site is showing at £318 but taxes & fees are another £270. Here in UK these charges must be included in advertised fares and someone has asked Bill Leiber to investigate.

I had a quote a while back (before this latest price-drop) fror a US agent and if I remember correctly the total charges were something like $450.

Azamara have fixed the web site pricing now shows with taxes included. (use the .com with a UK locale top right)

I've been looking at this one. I like the idea that it includes a mini-Caribbean cruise before heading over. Can't find any particulalry good price for one-way flight though.

Try a one way into the US and then a flight to san juan on someone like jetblue $100-$120 from Florida.

https://www.jetblue.com/wherewejet/?intcmp=hd_wherewejet

Or try belfast (if you can get there cheap) they have dropped UK APD.

Found a flight to Sanford from LGW for £245 on the 20th Orlando to San juan is $110 later that night or overnight in Orlando and $134 next morning

or 205 from manchester -> sanford on thurs before

Edited by insidecabin