Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

The $628. single inside gty price was back again today. Then I noticed for an additionl $130. I could get an outside accessible cabin (the last one available and yes, I qualify). So this is really turning out to be a WOW sale for me.

Great deal! I wasnt even planning on cruising over Thanksgiving, but just couldnt pass up this deal. WOW indeed :D

Great deal! I wasnt even planning on cruising over Thanksgiving, but just couldnt pass up this deal. WOW indeed :D
Didn't realize it falls on the 28th this year. Not much fuss is usually made but the ship should be decorated for Christmas by then.

The 3 Day West Coast Getaway sailing 5/8/2014 on Sapphire Princess (roundtrip from Los Angeles, CA) has interiors starting at $158.40 and OVs starting at $318.40--both are solo rates.

Thanks. Where's the deal listed?

The 3 Day West Coast Getaway sailing 5/8/2014 on Sapphire Princess (roundtrip from Los Angeles, CA) has interiors starting at $158.40 and OVs starting at $318.40--both are solo rates.

Thanks. Where's the deal listed?

On princess.com. Choose the cruise and then change the 'Number of passengers per stateroom' dropdown menu to '1' to see the prices.

On princess.com. Choose the cruise and then change the 'Number of passengers per stateroom' dropdown menu to '1' to see the prices.

Thats a great deal if you are on the west coast. For me the flight to LA would not be necessarily worth it unless I was going for anther reason too.

I know this is a solo thread versus a single thread but does Princess cater to a certain demographic as compared to Carnival?

@swazzie1 - How do you find this stuff? I just went to Princess and tried a few other cruises at single supp is 200%

Edited by jmsnyc

I happened to find these rates because I'm looking to cruise during that specific period for that length of time. I've found that the best place to check the solo rates for Princess is on their web site thru their search tool, and I search daily.

It's tedious, but I don't mind. If someone else can benefit, that's even better :D

I am thinking of booking a 5 8/26 day Carnival Triumph out of Galveston for $625 including taxes for inside 4F Lido or Empress deck. Have a friend going but we both want our own cabins.

I am sure I can get better deals out of Fla but I want to spend a few days in Houston to visit some friends.

This booking is not until Mar 21st, but an 8 night Bahamas Cruise on the Explorer of the Seas is $1350 for a deluxe balcony. Also, for returning guests, there is currently a savings certificate through the Crown and Anchor program.

After the discount, it comes to $1200 CDN so it would be slightly cheaper for US passengers. I put a hold on it.

Hi all - just booked a studio room on NCL Epic for 11/16/2013 at $799. The studio rooms are for solo cruisers and have a studio lounge w/ an NCL host to coordinate diners, events, excursions, etc for those traveling alone. Can't wait!!

Thanks swazzie1. It is not only the 5/8 sailing, but I can see for several 3-night sailing in March and April it is only $78.40 solo, some are $158.40. For the 4-night sailing, solo rate ranges from $238.40 to $318.40.

If you don't really care where it goes to, a 6-night B2B can be done for $377, or a 10-nights B2B2B can be done for $700 all tax/fee included for a solo rate.

Thanks swazzie1. It is not only the 5/8 sailing, but I can see for several 3-night sailing in March and April it is only $78.40 solo, some are $158.40. For the 4-night sailing, solo rate ranges from $238.40 to $318.40.

If you don't really care where it goes to, a 6-night B2B can be done for $377, or a 10-nights B2B2B can be done for $700 all tax/fee included for a solo rate.

Would you mind giving me the dates with those prices for a b2b2b please? I don't care where it goes either, just hoping airfare isn't a bummer. lol

Coming from Chicago no time in between would be great. I'm not seeing those prices or dates that are b2b2b.

Thanks,

Edited by gardener718

Would you mind giving me the dates with those prices for a b2b2b please? I don't care where it goes either, just hoping airfare isn't a bummer. lol

Coming from Chicago no time in between would be great. I'm not seeing those prices or dates that are b2b2b.

Thanks,

All can be found on princess.com

All dates 2014:

3-night sailing:

Fri 3/21 $158.40

Mon 3/24 $78.40

Fri 4/4 $158.40

Mon 4/7 $78.40

Fri 4/18 $238.40

Mon 4/21 $78.40

Thu 5/8 $158.40

4-night sailing:

Thu 3/27 $318.40

Mon 3/31 $238.40

Thu 4/10 $318.40

Mon 4/14 $238.40

Thu 4/24 $318.40

edit: for the 10-night B2B2B that I refer to, is the 3/31, 4/4 and 4/7 sailing ... $475.20 + $225 of tax = $700.20

Edited by Friend100

All can be found on princess.com

All dates 2014:

3-night sailing:

Fri 3/21 $158.40

Mon 3/24 $78.40

Fri 4/4 $158.40

Mon 4/7 $78.40

Fri 4/18 $238.40

Mon 4/21 $78.40

Thu 5/8 $158.40

4-night sailing:

Thu 3/27 $318.40

Mon 3/31 $238.40

Thu 4/10 $318.40

Mon 4/14 $238.40

Thu 4/24 $318.40

edit: for the 10-night B2B2B that I refer to, is the 3/31, 4/4 and 4/7 sailing ... $475.20 + $225 of tax = $700.20

I wish they had deals out of FLL.

Can't you do a 6 night B2B from April 4 through April 10 for $237? What is there cancellation policy?

Edited by jmsnyc

Any other deals from other ports?

Keep searching. Princess site is "interesting" ... most solo is 200%, sometimes I see 160%. But for some odd ones, once you change the # of passenger from 2 (which is usually the default) to 1, you have to click into the specific date and look at the price and they are even less than the per person rate for a double.

Keep checking, and have fun doing this :D

Edited by Friend100

I happened to find these rates because I'm looking to cruise during that specific period for that length of time. I've found that the best place to check the solo rates for Princess is on their web site thru their search tool, and I search daily.

It's tedious, but I don't mind. If someone else can benefit, that's even better :D

Thanks for the heads up. When I signed in to the Princess website the rates were even cheaper. I can go for 17 nights for $1002. which comes to about $58./night. I was able to reserve the same cabin for all 5 voyages. The deposits were super cheap so if I decide no to do all of them (one of the 4 nights really bumps the price up) I have until next year to cancel.

Thanks for the info on this! I could not resist and booked 31 Mar, 4 Apr, and 7 Apr for $550 total inside cabin (same cabin for all dates). Not bad for a 10 day B2B2B since I enjoy just being on the ship.

Edited by justfriends340

Thanks for the heads up. When I signed in to the Princess website the rates were even cheaper. I can go for 17 nights for $1002. which comes to about $58./night. I was able to reserve the same cabin for all 5 voyages. The deposits were super cheap so if I decide no to do all of them (one of the 4 nights really bumps the price up) I have until next year to cancel.

omg:eek:....I guess I need some lessons.:o My schedule is flexible and really have never tried to put together dates like that, although going alone is a little intimidating . Of course I have to check out air fare, but, wow. Going to check out the dates (is there a way to see all the dates & prices at the same time?) . When you made those reservations were they with princess? I will be buy fcc in a couple of weeks.

Any information and or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm paying 200% for the Alaskan cruise coming up.

AND thanks to Friend100 for gathering and posting the dates & prices. AND to swazzie1 for the post. AND to everyone else that shares. Hope I got the names right.

wow, the prices are great, the cruise on 4/7 is cheaper then the taxes ($28.40 + $70 tax). lol Can't believe that's possible.

How rough is the water? Seems the lowest prices are forward. What's the opinion on deck and how bad are forward cabins.

Not sure if doing the same ports, the same entertainment, etc, etc for that long would get boring, but, as long as the weather is calm, I think I can make it work. ha ha ha

wow, the prices are great, the cruise on 4/7 is cheaper then the taxes ($28.40 + $70 tax). lol Can't believe that's possible.

How rough is the water? Seems the lowest prices are forward. What's the opinion on deck and how bad are forward cabins.

Not sure if doing the same ports, the same entertainment, etc, etc for that long would get boring, but, as long as the weather is calm, I think I can make it work. ha ha ha

I pop dramamine during my cruises and normally don't have much of problem unless the ship runs into really bad weather. I avoided the upper cabins and opted for Deck 8 on the Sapphire.

I figure I can space out the the shows, etc to my liking during the 3 cruises, and it will be great to get some reading in!

OBTW: Military active duty, retired, and veterans...I found a page under the Princess website "Cruisedeals" tab that talks about how to get OBC for the cruises. I'm going to try to get that as I only have 1 cruise on Princess and no other benefits

I didnt see any for $78 but i booked the one for $108 plus $70 taxes for weekend of March 21

You just cant beat that for a quick getaway. Cabin is high deck and forward but i think i should be okay.

Thanks to all the posters.

The rates lowered when I signed in on the Princess website. I selected Deck 5 (Plaza) forward. I like the location because it's the same deck as the dining rooms, so not as much elevator riding. And the self-service laundry is steps away and if I do all 17 days I will definitely need to use it. I'm hoping it's open on boarding days since I don't think there will be any people using it then.

The itineraries for the 4-day cruises are different, even though them as going to Catalina Island and Ensenada. They all do Ensenada but it turns out when you click on the itinerary for the individual cruises you will see that some go to Santa Barbara and some go to San Diego instead of Catalina Island.

Edited by cruise pup

Thanks for posting the Princess deal. I just booked 10 nights-3/31, 4/4, 4/7 - for $550. A b2b2b. The deposit was a only $33.00 total for all 3 sailings. I think an amazing deal plus I'll be earning 1 cruise point for each sailing which gets me one step closer to Elite!!