Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi All single Cruisers. I am looking for a good deal for a Christmas or Christmas and New Years Cruise.

This time of year is bad enough for the cost but when you add single charge on top.

I would prefer Royal Caribbean, Celebrity but have also been on Holland America so that's fine too.

Please post if you find something.

Hi, good luck in your search:).....both of the holidays you mentioned?

Prices normally go way, WAY up.....over the years I have looked just

to see the price difference and guess what? It can double compared

to other times.

Hi All single Cruisers. I am looking for a good deal for a Christmas or Christmas and New Years Cruise.

This time of year is bad enough for the cost but when you add single charge on top.

I would prefer Royal Caribbean, Celebrity but have also been on Holland America so that's fine too.

I wish you luck and hope you share if you find something...xmas and new year's are supplements on top of supplements. I go on a xmas cruise every year but my ex comes with me. Solo for those is just way to expensive for me to justify...Even for two it is expensive, but I enjoy cruising over xmas so I bite the bullet :o

Edited by JeffKoz

I wish you luck and hope you share if you find something...xmas and new year's are supplements on top of supplements. I go on a xmas cruise every year but my ex comes with me. Solo for those is just way to expensive for me to justify...Even for two it is expensive, but I enjoy cruising over xmas so I bite the bullet :o

As noted the 2 most expensive times to cruise. Most cruises will be at 200% supp. I would like a New Years cruise but I did one Christmas one and will probably never do another.

Sent from my iPad

Not sure if this is super great value but I think they are quite decent for a Christmas or New Year sailing:

Zuiderdam Dec 20, 2013 7-night Eastern Caribbean

Westerdam Dec 21, 2013 7-night Eastern Caribbean

Noordam Dec 30, 2013 7-night Eastern Caribbean

All for inside GTY double is $799pp, single is $1278pp, wtih tax total is slightly less than $1400 for a solo.

Not sure if this is super great value but I think they are quite decent for a Christmas or New Year sailing:

All for inside GTY double is $799pp, single is $1278pp, wtih tax total is slightly less than $1400 for a solo.

Hi, actually, those are very good prices. Normally a cruise that

leaves on Dec 30th? It could run as much as double that....example,

1400.00 per person which would make it 2800 solo:eek:.... a New Year's

Eve cruise is usually VERY expensive.

As noted the 2 most expensive times to cruise. Most cruises will be at 200% supp. I would like a New Years cruise but I did one Christmas one and will probably never do another.

Sent from my iPad

I used to get an extra 2 weeks vacation when my company closed over the holidays, so I took a few cruises. They were pretty reasonable on NCL but we're going back a while. I also made sure they were cruises leaving out of NYC so I didn't have to pay airfare.

I'm not sure if this was posted before but opodo UK has a great price for the westbound transatlantic with the NCL Epic for Oct 2014.

I booked a balcony for a ridiculously good price, and although prices have gone up from this deal they are still really good imo. (When compared to booking with NCL or other portals)

£401 inside / £601 balcony / £647 studio

Single occupancy

I've just checked this, and the prices are still showing as above.

I'm not a fan of NCL, but would travel with them again on the right itinerary. This itinerary doesn't interest me, as it's similar to a TA that I'm doing in November this year with RCI.

Thanks for heads up on Holland America Christmas & New Year I will check them out for sure.

Please if there is anything else out there would prefer not to have to get off ship get hotel then board another ship I am guessing that they are both leaving for same port.

This web site has got to be one of the better ones out there you ask for help and you get it.

Thanks Again

There have been no new posts since mine July 1 is it something I am doing wrong. I am having trouble finding posts for a cruise on the century to Alaska in September.

Hi,:) July 1st was only this past week......trouble? I book through

Celebrity and transfer the booking to my TA.

What are you looking for? She sails from Vanouver in September.

Sept 1st and Sept 8th are 7 night cruises and Sept 15th an 11

nighter (last Alaskan cruise of this season).

There have been no new posts since mine July 1 is it something I am doing wrong. I am having trouble finding posts for a cruise on the century to Alaska in September.

nah, i think this thread has been quiet.

i sometimes have challenges with the celebrity web interface too. i'm on a mac (as opposed to a p.c.) and that might have 'something' to do with it.

i kinda use vtg as a clearinghouse to see what's 'out there', because they list (almost) everything--then drill down to the actual cruise-site for more detail. if it's a simple booking, i'll go with v.t.g--otherwise, i'll book through the cruise site.

i booked with an agent once and it was a bigger hassle than it was worth. if someone can tell me the advantages of working with a t/a--i'd be happy to listen, but at this point--it seems like adding an extra person in the communications' chain--only slows things down.

nah, i think this thread has been quiet.

i sometimes have challenges with the celebrity web interface too. i'm on a mac (as opposed to a p.c.) and that might have 'something' to do with it.

i kinda use vtg as a clearinghouse to see what's 'out there', because they list (almost) everything--then drill down to the actual cruise-site for more detail. if it's a simple booking, i'll go with v.t.g--otherwise, i'll book through the cruise site.

i booked with an agent once and it was a bigger hassle than it was worth. if someone can tell me the advantages of working with a t/a--i'd be happy to listen, but at this point--it seems like adding an extra person in the communications' chain--only slows things down.

Hi, guess it depends on your TA. Mine? I have known for 10 years

and she processes everything I ask for very promptly:) I also get

an obc from her as well so it is a win win for me. I always book

something while I am on board and get a credit from the cruiseline

too. Then I just transfer the booking over.

No hassles for me at all...but then again she is a good friend as well

as my TA.

Hi, guess it depends on your TA. Mine? I have known for 10 years

and she processes everything I ask for very promptly:) I also get

an obc from her as well so it is a win win for me. I always book

something while I am on board and get a credit from the cruiseline

too. Then I just transfer the booking over.

No hassles for me at all...but then again she is a good friend as well

as my TA.

I see you were on the Silhouette. Just looked at some of your pics. Looks like you had agreat time. Did you go solo? I am going on her a year from Oct. and can't wait. Will be my first Transatlantic. Anything I should know about the ship?

I see you were on the Silhouette. Just looked at some of your pics. Looks like you had agreat time. Did you go solo? I am going on her a year from Oct. and can't wait. Will be my first Transatlantic. Anything I should know about the ship?

Hi:) yes, I always sail solo. I had a wonderful time. We had a very

friendly roll call (which is a nice thing:)). I would say see if there

is a roll call started and participate in it. Great way to meet other

cruisers.

The ship itself? She is beautiful!:D...if you have any specific questions?

Let me know.:)

Hi:) yes, I always sail solo. I had a wonderful time. We had a very

friendly roll call (which is a nice thing:)). I would say see if there

is a roll call started and participate in it. Great way to meet other

cruisers.

The ship itself? She is beautiful!:D...if you have any specific questions?

Let me know.:)

I will be with a group of people I have cruised with before so that is good. My roll call seems very friendly. Where did you go and what kind of cabin did you have? Thanks for being so friendly.:D

I will be with a group of people I have cruised with before so that is good. My roll call seems very friendly. Where did you go and what kind of cabin did you have? Thanks for being so friendly.:D

The itinerary was the Western Caribbean...

Cozumel

Grand Caymen

Jamiaca

Labadee

I had a cabin in AQUA CLASS.....I rarely book in that category

because it usually way more than I want to spend but I was treating

myself for my birthday.

Oh, if you are sailing with folks you know? Easy Peasy then:);)

And glad to help:D

The itinerary was the Western Caribbean...

Cozumel

Grand Caymen

Jamiaca

Labadee

I had a cabin in AQUA CLASS.....I rarely book in that category

because it usually way more than I want to spend but I was treating

myself for my birthday.

Oh, if you are sailing with folks you know? Easy Peasy then:);)

And glad to help:D

Funny because I have a C2 balcony and I don't usually book that for the same reason. But I figured first transatlantic,ya know....

My concern is that I started the chain for Sept. 1 sailing on the Century and there has only been one other posting other then mine at least as of yesterday. Just find cruises that have active threads tend to be a lot more fun and you get to meet people at the meet and mingle party. You can arrange ground tours and alike.

My concern is that I started the chain for Sept. 1 sailing on the Century and there has only been one other posting other then mine at least as of yesterday. Just find cruises that have active threads tend to be a lot more fun and you get to meet people at the meet and mingle party. You can arrange ground tours and alike.

Alaska and Bermuda cruise always seem to have less active roll calls.

(On Celebrity anyway)......never makes any difference to me......I always

end up having a fantastic cruise:D

Not an out of this world solo bargain, but reasonable to me:

Celebrity Equinox transatlantic April 14th 2014- 13 nights- $699 inside, $899 oceanview, $999 balcony. I booked a 2D balcony on the "hump" for $1881 all in w/$175 obc from my TA. I plan on staying a few more days in Malaga after the cruise to experience the Alhambra and Costa del Sol.

Hi Lois- wanna join me?? :D ;)

Tony

Not an out of this world solo bargain, but reasonable to me:

Celebrity Equinox transatlantic April 14th 2014- 13 nights- $699 inside, $899 oceanview, $999 balcony. I booked a 2D balcony on the "hump" for $1881 all in w/$175 obc from my TA. I plan on staying a few more days in Malaga after the cruise to experience the Alhambra and Costa del Sol.

Hi Lois- wanna join me?? :D ;)

Tony

Hi Tony...wish I could:(....bad timing....you leave when it is a good

time but it ends way too late in the month for me:rolleyes:

Have just booked the Quest leaving Southampton on 16th August 12 nights £1,326.

This may seen a high price,but believe me,it includes virtually everything.

Lotts of there cruises have just 125% surcharge.

Compare prices on the Azamara website,but change country to UK.Also liik on the UK TA agents for really good deals at the moment:)

Have just booked the Quest leaving Southampton on 16th August 12 nights £1,326.

This may seen a high price,but believe me,it includes virtually everything.

Lotts of there cruises have just 125% surcharge.

Compare prices on the Azamara website,but change country to UK.Also liik on the UK TA agents for really good deals at the moment:)

Like you, I think this is a good price for sole occ on Azamara. Going off to have a shifty at the TA sites as the Azamara site is quoting £2201 this morning. Have always wanted to visit Seville.

Edited by canny_cruiser